Would this be a delicate 3D print from Euclid3D?

ZooNamedGames

I have considered buying myself a custom craft model, specifically my GhostEye aircraft, or my Saturn Shuttle- but each are very questionable prints. As the GhostEye is very very wide, and the Saturn Shuttle is obviously- side top heavy. So, from the mouthes of those who have purchased from them- how will these crafts pan out in a bright? Fragile? Unbalanced?
I would assume the models would be durable (relatively) and would be able to stand on their own, but I feel these two are very unique in shape and design and

GhostEye-

R33bTG7.png

wfQt3JJ.png

AVuaAXj.png

Saturn Shuttle (or just see my thread for it)-

19ZOLZn.jpg

Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

neat stuff! The first one MIGHT be a bit delicate being that thin, but should be fine. The shuttle should be ok too. The models they print are well done for sure (have one myself)

Then the real question is, which do I order?

6 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I agree!... but can I get a normal model from somewhere else to go with it?

Define normal? Do you mean like a model of the real saturn v rocket? If its that Im sure any hobby shop or nasas gift shop should do, if not that then im not sure..

Eucl3D prints sandstone/resin full color models, GhostEye will not be printable as single piece, except perhaps very small print, ~2" longest dimension, with thick wings. Probably printable as 3 pieces: 2 wings, and fuselage; you may have to order them as separate craft files. The shuttle is be a better candidate for printing with less large flat surfaces, to minimize stepping effect, and all around thicker cross sections for better strength. 

Edited by nli2work

8 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Define normal? Do you mean like a model of the real saturn v rocket? If its that Im sure any hobby shop or nasas gift shop should do, if not that then im not sure..

Something more like this-

270px-Saturn-Shuttle_model_at_Udvar-Hazy

Just a small model of the Saturn Shuttle... But you can start to see how that's a challenge.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

@ZooNamedGames  Ok THAT I've no clue on. But I can see how it'd be an issue. Do note if you use Eucl3d it will NOT be that smooth. Here is my gantry class shuttle in side view as an examples of what eucl3d can do.

XDeu8nz.jpg

They will thicken portions of your craft, note my wings elevons. All mk3 stuff

Edited by AlamoVampire

color sandstone is relatively cheap material (looks like Eucl3D is charging ~0.25USD per cm3), you can print the entire launcher + shuttle affordably. Each stage printed as a craft file; and the shuttle as a craft file. you can ask them to scale the craft files so the largest piece (1st stage) prints in the 4" scale.

at ~2.5cm diameter, you can print the stages with a hole through the center where you can use a rod to reinforce the assembly, though I doubt it'll be necessary. or print the upper stages and shuttle hollow.

Edited by nli2work

36 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

@ZooNamedGames  Ok THAT I've no clue on. But I can see how it'd be an issue. Do note if you use Eucl3d it will NOT be that smooth. Here is my gantry class shuttle in side view as an examples of what eucl3d can do.

XDeu8nz.jpg

They will thicken portions of your craft, note my wings elevons. All mk3 stuff

Ah ok. Well that may work out better for me then.

Ive gotten two prints from Eucl3d. For some reason, my friend's pug thought that sandstone models of the FightOrFlight Mk2 taste good, and bit off the wings.

By the way, can I get the Saturn Shuttle craft file?

2 hours ago, Mr. Me said:

Ive gotten two prints from Eucl3d. For some reason, my friend's pug thought that sandstone models of the FightOrFlight Mk2 taste good, and bit off the wings.

I have a dog which has the same tendancies... so I'll keep it very high up on a shelf.

Sure, once I make a video for it and also port it into 1.1.2.

"For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across—which happened to be the Earth—where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog."
(Douglas Adams)

Paging @Eucl3D once again as I have a unique question- is it possible (and for how much extra) for you to make the shuttle orbiter detachable from the Launcher? Just like lift up and remove it? Then hook it back on so I can make it two parts in one?

21 hours ago, Mr. Me said:

Here-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GVLJwOLVGyVGRkRGlPZTl6YjA/view?usp=sharing

And here's a video of me flying it on a mission (note with x4 speed on the video)-

enjoy :) .

Thank you. What is an optimal decent trajectory? The hardest part with my spaceplanes is reentry. And what mod gives the landing indicator (what appears to be the yellow circle at the end of your video)?

Edited by Mr. Me

4 hours ago, Mr. Me said:

Thank you. What is an optimal decent trajectory? The hardest part with my spaceplanes is reentry. And what mod gives the landing indicator (what appears to be the yellow circle at the end of your video)?

I try to keep it at about 25 degrees above the prograde terminator, and I begin the retrofire over the sea just west of the giant crater for when your 100-200km above Kerbin. I would pull that point back by 25 degrees (on Kerbin) for every 100km above Kerbin... it *should* do the trick (just a rough guess).

That would be the Trajectories mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.