[1.1.3] TAC - Life Support v0.12.2 - Release 03 JULY 2016

danfarnsy

Starting to see the following exceptions since the 1.1.3 update.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Several other mods also encountering problems with TimeWarp.SetRate, such as Kerbal Alarm Clock and RemoteTech.

So I'm encountering a strange error with a brand new save in 1.1.3:  resources aren't being consumed, and some craft don't even appear in the resource log.  It's a fresh install of KSP with the latest mods, with the only mods being TAC 12.1 and KER 1.1.0.2.

log file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw3wqgbf58fer18/KSP.log?dl=0

persistent file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/18i9a1qd99d1o31/persistent.sfs?dl=0

the following error repeats in the log:

[EXC 13:19:10.191] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
    Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate ()

The effect is that:  of the only two manned craft flying (outbound to Duna), only one of them shows up in the resource log.  I'm not sure with how to proceed.  Any help is appreciated.  And thanks again for taking over on the modding duties--it really is a great mod.

3 hours ago, birrhan said:

So I'm encountering a strange error with a brand new save in 1.1.3:  resources aren't being consumed, and some craft don't even appear in the resource log.  It's a fresh install of KSP with the latest mods, with the only mods being TAC 12.1 and KER 1.1.0.2.

Yes, I need to update TACLS for 1.1.3. It will be coming. Thank you, everybody, for your patience, as I've got a bit of RL going on.

Hello, all my vessels have no consumption. TAC-Monitor shows me "-179days" for all goods. Hope to play soon, if its fixed. How is the status of the new version?

@danfarnsy : Wish you all the best, hope all will be ok for you

greetings

M4ssler

"HOUSTON.....WE HAVE A PROBLEM"     While playing 1.1.3 when entering a ship after an EVA, game states error EVA suits are empty. A soft crash happens not allowing access into any ships

9 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

This mod is destined be the final gem in the crown of my KSP 1.1.3 setup. I tried USI Life Support, but it wasn't real enough for me. I wait thirstily for a new update, knowing that it may never come.

Dude... Chill. 6 posts above you he said he is aware it needs an update and he will update it, but RL got in the way for now. Patience.

AFAIK it's a relatively simple fix regarding how timewarp is handled in the code, every mod that interacts with timewarp needed a similar fix so far I think.

EDIT: In the RemoteTech thread, someone posted a simple syntax change that did the trick after a recompile. He changed the Timewarp.SetRate function like this:

TimeWarp.SetRate(TimeWarp.CurrentRateIndex - 1, true);

to

TimeWarp.SetRate(TimeWarp.CurrentRateIndex - 1, true, true);

I reckon it will be something similar for this mod, not 100% sure but just a guess.

Edited by BigNose

11 hours ago, KNOEBBER said:

"HOUSTON.....WE HAVE A PROBLEM"     While playing 1.1.3 when entering a ship after an EVA, game states error EVA suits are empty. A soft crash happens not allowing access into any ships

I got the same message but it didn't seem to cause any instability for me.

Does anyone fancy doing a short-term community fix on the mod, to take some pressure of the creator? (Not that he's necessarily feeling any, but, you know!) As @BigNose says, it's probably a simple fix. I'd do it myself, but, alas, I know now how.

10 hours ago, BigNose said:

Dude... Chill. 6 posts above you he said he is aware it needs an update and he will update it, but RL got in the way for now. Patience.

AFAIK it's a relatively simple fix regarding how timewarp is handled in the code, every mod that interacts with timewarp needed a similar fix so far I think.

EDIT: In the RemoteTech thread, someone posted a simple syntax change that did the trick after a recompile. He changed the Timewarp.SetRate function like this:

I reckon it will be something similar for this mod, not 100% sure but just a guess.

If that's the case, then Squad should have overloaded the function to maintain backward compatibility.  If numparams is less than 3 then set param3 = true (or set param3= param2 then set param2=true).

And if it is indeed the bug, then the fix is to change LifeSupportController.cs in lines 530, 544, and 640.

Edited by edrobotguy
not enough to complain, gotta find solution

5 hours ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

2ly4d3m.jpg

Anyone else have this issue?

I Think we all have this issue since 1.1.3. It need to be fixed with the next update.

Give the mod-creater a little time. You can read it a few posts above.

Real life first!!! Kerbal Space Program is just fun

16 hours ago, aEverr said:

@edrobotguy after reading a few forum replies about this bug a recompile worked for some mods

Since it's been a while and this post indicated an independent workaround, I tried this, but I got stuck-- this is the first time I've ever mucked around with binary, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I believe this is the file that you're talking about that needs to be modded:  https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/blob/master/Source/LifeSupportController.cs

However, this file doesn't exist in the released mod.  So when compiling, I'm not sure how to format the output--not an exe, for sure.  Could someone with more insight into the modding process walk me through this?  I mean, literally, any insight--the extent of my coding experience is opening .cfg files in notepad.

1 hour ago, birrhan said:

Since it's been a while and this post indicated an independent workaround, I tried this, but I got stuck-- this is the first time I've ever mucked around with binary, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I believe this is the file that you're talking about that needs to be modded:  https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/blob/master/Source/LifeSupportController.cs

However, this file doesn't exist in the released mod.  So when compiling, I'm not sure how to format the output--not an exe, for sure.  Could someone with more insight into the modding process walk me through this?  I mean, literally, any insight--the extent of my coding experience is opening .cfg files in notepad.

It ends up as a DLL. I'd leave it for someone who knows what they're doing though! Just a couple of minutes work for them.

17 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

It ends up as a DLL. I'd leave it for someone who knows what they're doing though! Just a couple of minutes work for them.

Thank you.  I can respect that.  I just realized it's been a while I first posted, so when I saw the opportunity to be proactive I tried to take it, that's all.  

1 hour ago, birrhan said:

Thank you.  I can respect that.  I just realized it's been a while I first posted, so when I saw the opportunity to be proactive I tried to take it, that's all.  

Sure, I didn't mean that in a negative way! I just know that fiddling around trying to get things to compile can be really frustrating if you don't know how.

5 hours ago, birrhan said:

The intro is here I believe.  http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Plugins

9 hours ago, birrhan said:

Use a C# compiler, like Visual Studio *I recommend Xamarin Studio, it's a lot smaller*, since mods are coded in C#, and use @superdavekerman's link above to set the IDE up. Then compile the source. 

Basically how to compile dev versions (with no pre-release) of mods. You can also make unofficial updates this way

Edited by aEverr
Dang, Visual Studio is huuuuge

maybe NathanKell can help community (like in  last time with 1.1.2 update) ? or someone else? please please please.......................!!!!!!!

ps: i can't continue my 1.1.2 campaign game, all ships stock parts+ have TAC-LS parts and do not work in 1.1.3.......... so playing sandbox for me is not so interesting.... many peoples have same problem...