[1.1.3] TAC - Life Support v0.12.2 - Release 03 JULY 2016

danfarnsy

20 hours ago, munseeker said:

Ah! Yes - this must be it! Thanks - that would have taken some time to figure out. :-)

OK, confirmed it was Kopernicus. The TAC LS 1.1.3 recompile works without problems! 

Wasn't there some forum rule about pestering mod authors for updates, particularly when said mod authors already indicated the update was coming?

Never mind.

TACLS v0.12.2

-Recompiled for KSP 1.1.3
-Updated bundled dependencies

-Made a few texture references consistent

Download here.

On 7/1/2016 at 8:43 AM, Nakedchef said:

I have recompiled the .dll locally and it works perfectly fine. I would upload the fixed dll if someone could tell if I am allowed to(preferebly @danfarnsy).

While this is a moot point at the moment, yes, posting links for temporary workarounds is fine. Thanks for helping your fellow kerbal slayers.

11 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Wasn't there some forum rule about pestering mod authors for updates, particularly when said mod authors already indicated the update was coming?

Never mind.

TACLS v0.12.2

Download here.

Yeah but there is also a software license which states: "You are free to modify this code, so long as you mention that the resulting
work is based upon or adapted from this code"

I included a license file and wrote:" @danfarnsyIf you don’t want (for any reason whatsoever) this fixed .dll around, just drop me a line. I will remove it immediately. " and

"None of this is a work of my own. I just recompiled the code made by Taranis Elsu and updated by danfarnsy."

And btw thanks for the offical update.

Just now, Nakedchef said:

Yeah but there is also a software license which states: "You are free to modify this code, so long as you mention that the resulting

Clarification: @Nakedchef, your recompile and support are not pestering at all. This is more than welcome. It was the other comments which were variations of "PLEASE UPDATE" which served no useful purpose, since they were repeating something I'd indicated I was already aware of and had on my to-do list. What you did instead was problem solving, and I always appreciate problem solving.

@danfarnsy I think I got that a bit in the wrong neck I suppose.

The thing is, playing KSP without TACLS is like eating pizza with no toppings :)

I really appreciate the great work you do on this mod and I hope that in the future it will be even better than today.

*taps fingers together ala Mr. Burns*

Eeeexcellent. The list of RO/RP-0 dependencies needing update grows ever shorter. Mwhahahahahhaha!

MWaahahahahahaha!

MWahahahhahahahaha!

*clears throat* Uh, I mean, thanks a bunch for the update!

@danfarnsy Thanks for the update, your selfless action to keep one of KSP's most loved mods running are amazing! Hope everything is going well otherwise.

I'm sorry about the others who were pestering for updates, it's stress you don't need!

Yup... i agree... THANX @danfarnsy for continuing this...

Just remember, for every uh, person, who frustrates you with pestering for updates, or other, uh, problematic posts, there are another 100 silent users who are most happy TAC LS still lives... I'm sure mod devs dont hear enough how much their work IS appreciated... :(

1 hour ago, Cornholio said:

IF someone started a career (hasn't reached manned flight yet), is there any reason to believe that deleting USI LS and installing TAC would cause any major issues? 

It shouldn't. The only problem you might run into is if you had USI-LS specific parts on flights in progress (KSP would then be unable to load those craft in-game). It sounds like that's unlikely to be an issue.

3 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

itd be cool if you could ban an ip address from downloading your mods for pestering you.

20 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@danfarnsy et al, if you see a problematic post, report it.

My gentle (if snarky) reminder was enough. Sometimes people forget. 

Now I just need to go find a place to breath slowly while the neighbors blow stuff up and I remind myself that it's not somebody trying to kill me. Happy Independence Day!

53 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

It shouldn't. The only problem you might run into is if you had USI-LS specific parts on flights in progress (KSP would then be unable to load those craft in-game). It sounds like that's unlikely to be an issue.

Thanks, danfarnsy.  And GL in more TAC updates.  I can't wait for more parts (3.75m inline).

@danfarnsy, thanks for taking up maintenance of this mod!

I've managed to fix your OP. Looks like you may have accidentally copied over some invisible characters that prevented word wrapping.

Later this week I'd like to donate a logo design for Thunder Aerospace Corporation, if you'd like.

32 minutes ago, sumghai said:

I've managed to fix your OP. Looks like you may have accidentally copied over some invisible characters that prevented word wrapping.

Later this week I'd like to donate a logo design for Thunder Aerospace Corporation, if you'd like.

I'd kiss you if I could. A logo is welcome, too! 

On 3/7/2016 at 8:29 PM, danfarnsy said:

Never mind.

TACLS v0.12.2

Download here.

While this is a moot point at the moment, yes, posting links for temporary workarounds is fine. Thanks for helping your fellow kerbal slayers.

Talking about moot points... Is there a reason why the new version is not on CKAN yet?

Ok... just checked the commits on the CKAN-meta repository and I've seen that the new metadata are there... but the version v0.12.1 (with the starting "v") is considered newer than 0.12.2 (withouth the starting "v")

Edited by MscG

7 hours ago, MscG said:

Talking about moot points... Is there a reason why the new version is not on CKAN yet?

Ok... just checked the commits on the CKAN-meta repository and I've seen that the new metadata are there... but the version v0.12.1 (with the starting "v") is considered newer than 0.12.2 (withouth the starting "v")

Have you checked with the CKAN people yet?... Since its very recent that CKAN is allowing mod devs to control their own meta, its probably good practice to address CKAN issues with the CKAN team, FIRST, especially to find out if it IS indeed the mod dev who is now submitting the meta, BEFORE posting directly to a mod release thread for support.

PS- a nicer tone may get you farther with support... :)
Also, not only do most mod devs not appreciate this type of tone, but MANY mod users also do not, because all it takes is one person to make a mod dev mad, once, and EVERYONE loses out on that mod...Plus, its just plain not nice... :) Please note the last line in my sig.. :P

Edited by Stone Blue

I think you're overanalysing there. TACLS is on github and CKAN can harvest metadata automagically, and the latest version number on github does not have the preceding 'v'. I don't think any human has submitted that metadata, which is why the relevant CKAN-meta commit was by "netkan-bot".

This could be bodged at the CKAN end but I imagine the intention is that TACLS version numbers sort usefully.  Point is, leaving aside tone, MscG has found what appears to be a minor error at the TACLS end (and I also think you're overanalysing the tone; read it as "oh, I have just found a bug, here it is".)

It is probably best not to tell people off for not "FIRST" finding out who's submitting the metadata without, well, first finding out that no-one submitted this bit of metadata.

Edited by damerell

10 hours ago, MscG said:

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed. It will probably be a little while before this reflects on the CKAN end. And, of course, there could be some other mistake somewhere.

Edit: CKAN just ran the install for me, so I think we're good to go.

Edited by danfarnsy
Update

Just spotted a minor issue with the OP, it has a link saying "DOWNLOAD v0.12.2" which directs to https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/releases/tag/0.12.2, while danfarnsy's post on page 6 has a link saying "Download here" which directs to https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/releases.

The problem is, the OP link does not show the actual compiled mod file 'TacLifeSupport-0.12.2.zip', it just shows the two source zip files. So might need to alter the OP link so people coming into the thread can find the mod. :)

Thanks for continuing this mod, danfarnsy! :)