[1.1.3] TAC - Life Support v0.12.2 - Release 03 JULY 2016

danfarnsy

Just now, Nakedchef said:

I have recompiled the .dll locally and it works perfectly fine. I would upload the fixed dll if someone could tell if I am allowed to(preferebly @danfarnsy).

Please upload it. PLEASE!!!! long time i am waiting to play my career again.

3 minutes ago, Nakedchef said:

I have recompiled the .dll locally and it works perfectly fine. I would upload the fixed dll if someone could tell if I am allowed to(preferebly @danfarnsy).

Man! We need this update ! please upload file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Nakedchef said:

I believe you can, you aren't taking over the mod or something like that, it's just a unofficial temporary fix till the developer fixes it officially, seen that happen alot of time in other mods.

And lots of people stuck for +1 week in RO career games cause of TACS.

Kind regards.

Edited by RickKermen

No longer necessary.

@danfarnsyIf you don’t want (for any reason whatsoever) this fixed .dll around, just drop me a line. I will remove it immediately.

For all the other people.  

Before installing this please make a backup of your “../GameData/ThunderAerospace” Folder and your saved games.

For the very unlikely case something goes wrong.

Installation:

Unpack the .rar file somewhere.

Open your GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport folder.

Replace the “TacLifeSupport.dll” with the one provided within this download.

Have life support working :)

None of this is a work of my own. I just recompiled the code made by Taranis Elsu and updated by danfarnsy.

If hope the download works. If not I have to upload it some other place.

Edited by Nakedchef

11 hours ago, aEverr said:

Use a C# compiler, like Visual Studio *I recommend Xamarin Studio, it's a lot smaller*, since mods are coded in C#, and use @superdavekerman's link above to set the IDE up. Then compile the source. 

Basically how to compile dev versions (with no pre-release) of mods. You can also make unofficial updates this way

OK.  I installed Xamarin (with .NET 4.5 and GTK#), loaded the .cs, made the changes.  When I selected "build" (F7), it generates an unknown MSBuild error.  this also happens when I try to build the unmodified file, so I'm thinking there's a problem with the install, just don't know how to fix it.  Thanks to everyone for the assistance, but I'm afraid this one is a wash.

2 hours ago, Nakedchef said:

@danfarnsyIf you don’t want (for any reason whatsoever) this fixed .dll around, just drop me a line. I will remove it immediately.

Before installing this please make a backup of your “../GameData/ThunderAerospace” Folder and your saved games.

Installation:

None of this is a work of my own. I just recompiled the code made by Taranis Elsu and updated by danfarnsy.

DOWNLOAD

I know I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, now I erased the .dll file and replaced with it with the .rar file. I see this fix has worked for other people but not for me. It sounds like the .dll has a problem......here is an idea how about offering a new .dll file to replace the old one. This would be tremendous help for the computer challenged,,,,,,,,like me. Thanks

3 minutes ago, KNOEBBER said:

I know I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, now I erased the .dll file and replaced with it with the .rar file. I see this fix has worked for other people but not for me. It sounds like the .dll has a problem......here is an idea how about offering a new .dll file to replace the old one. This would be tremendous help for the computer challenged,,,,,,,,like me. Thanks

Did you open the rar file? or replaced the .dll with the .rar file?

Edited by Nakedchef

8 minutes ago, Nakedchef said:

Did you open the rar file? or replaced the .dll with the .rar file?

i downloaded rar file. i erased the .dll file, i then copied the rar and pasted it in the file where .dll was at

Just now, KNOEBBER said:

i downloaded rar file. i erased the .dll file, i then copied the rar and pasted it in the file where .dll was at

Inside the .rar is the new TacLifeSupport.dll

Copy the new TacLifeSupport.dll to  GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport

1 hour ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Thanks so much! Helped a lot!  Now the only mod giving me issues now is Mechjeb.  

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.5.8.0-605.zip Took care of all my problems.

2 minutes ago, Nakedchef said:

Inside the .rar is the new TacLifeSupport.dll

Copy the new TacLifeSupport.dll to  GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport

i tried too open it, my computer says it can't open this type of file.....like i said i'm challenged

On 1.7.2016 at 8:06 PM, KNOEBBER said:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.5.8.0-605.zip Took care of all my problems.

i tried too open it, my computer says it can't open this type of file.....like i said i'm challenged

As I am a nice guy and also i have just eaten an strawberry cake, I have uploaded a .zip version of the archive. And after you posting the link to mechjeb I assume you know how to handle a .zip file.

Now you only have to copy the TacLifeSupport.dll from the .TACLS 1.1.3.zip to GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport

Edited by Nakedchef

14 minutes ago, Nakedchef said:

As I am a nice guy and also i have just eaten an strawberry cake, I have uploaded a .zip version of the archive. And after you posting the link to mechjeb I assume you know how to handle a .zip file.

Now you only have to copy the TacLifeSupport.dll from the .TACLS 1.1.3.zip to GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport

Download zip

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU on behalf all the computer challenged. 

4 hours ago, Nakedchef said:

Installation:

DOWNLOAD

Sweet.  Zombie.  Jesus.  Thanks man.  This dll appears to have fixed resource consumption issues, as well as EVA error logs.  The timewarp error no longer appears in the log file.  Good detective work everyone, and thanks again for the hotfix.

10 hours ago, Nakedchef said:

Thanks for doing this! I can continue with my career game now - was just getting to the good stuff. :-)

12 hours ago, KNOEBBER said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU on behalf all the computer challenged. 

Oh for heaven's sake... This isn't rocket science you know... Oh... errr.... wait a minute... This IS rocket science... kindasorta! :confused: ... or computer science linked to rocket science at least. :D

We all need a little help at times...

16 hours ago, Nakedchef said:

It was already going wrong... your dll made it right... KUDOS and thank you from the bottom of my little green buddy's hearts.

Does anybody else have trouble with their solar panels not generating electricity? It seems it started when I installed the @danfarnsy 1.1.3 re-compile of TAC LS today. The solar panels say "direct sunlight" but generate 0 electricity. :(

On 7/1/2016 at 1:30 PM, birrhan said:

OK.  I installed Xamarin (with .NET 4.5 and GTK#), loaded the .cs, made the changes.  When I selected "build" (F7), it generates an unknown MSBuild error.  this also happens when I try to build the unmodified file, so I'm thinking there's a problem with the install, just don't know how to fix it.  Thanks to everyone for the assistance, but I'm afraid this one is a wash.

Hmm... .NET 4.5? I thought 1.1.x was using 4.0, but I could be wrong. There's also the matter of 'references', as it needs to be configured with the path to your local kerbal files. In Xamarin, if you click on the line with the blue box and choose Project -> Edit References -> .Net Assembly, it should show a minimum of 2 checked entries with your local path to KSP, similar to:

x Assembly-CSharp.dll 0.0.0.0 (your path to ksp)\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

x UnityEngine.dll     0.0.0.0 (your path to ksp)\KSP_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll

If they're not listed, you can browse and select them. With the 1.1 I think you also need UnityEngine.UI.dll and possibly others from that directory. E.g. I had to add UnityEngine.UI.dll and KSPUtil.dll to get CivPopulation to build for 1.1, but it didn't need them for 1.0.5.

I recommend not giving up.  It may be daunting at first, but it could open up a world of possibilities.

10 hours ago, munseeker said:

Does anybody else have trouble with their solar panels not generating electricity? It seems it started when I installed the @danfarnsy 1.1.3 re-compile of TAC LS today. The solar panels say "direct sunlight" but generate 0 electricity. :(

do you inslall latest Kopernicus? or old one? https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases look at changes in 1.1.1. ( Hotfix for SolarPanels, which were broken by incorrect API changes )