CRASH! after TR-38-D separation & glitches

Hi!

KSP crash continuosly after separation of TR-38-D, if there are something attached below at the separation, CRASH!
I also have some (already know) noise glitches on the flags on VAB/SPH and around the Launch pad.

Here my specifications, but everything seems to be updated at the last version...

KSP: 1.1.2
Mac: iMac 21,5 2015 Intel Core i5 2,7GHz 8GB RAM
Graphic: Intel Iris Pro 1536
OS X El Captan 10.11.4

Here the logs files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42map8qvg2n71ds/AABfutM1VPElV1CX46MnTJXxa?dl=0

thanks!
MDL

It's not crashing for me, however, I am getting a stack overflow excepton when staging that and the error itself repeats this line "at Part.FindPartThroughNodes (.Part tgtPart, .Part src) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 " like 50 times or something.

4 hours ago, DMSP said:

This has happened to me so many times. Eventually I just let the second stage burn through the first stage's fuel tank.

Could you also post one or more of the affected craft?

This decoupler is known to cause a crash on some Macs, you can fix it by changing PhysicsSignificance to 0 on line 32 of the part.cfg, in /GameData/Squad/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/ like this.

PhysicsSignificance = 0

1 hour ago, VOXsp said:

I'm glad it helped, as to why, I wish I knew, it shouldn't cause a crash and doesn't for most players, and PhysicsSignificance = 1 is used to reduce wobble on such a large and flimsy part.

So you may now need a few more struts, but make sure they are not to the decoupler itself.

As for the flags, it is supposed to work fine just as on Windows and Linux, and this graphics issue does not affect all Macs, older Intel GPU's seem unaffected, but the Iris shows this issue.

Unity5.4 is supposed to have some gfx fixes and I hear Unity is working on Vulkan and Metal support, so issues like this should become a thing of the past.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.