[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

People, just a quick note: it seems the custom scatter I added to Sennim is glitching out. It works, it just looks a bit ugly. I will fix this ASAP. Everything else (surface textures and ocean textures) work just fine though.

@Galacticvoyager I've just updated the OP with images of the moons and an alternative download link, namely through Dropbox. I hope you can download the mod now.

21 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

People, just a quick note: it seems the custom scatter I added to Sennim is glitching out. It works, it just looks a bit ugly. I will fix this ASAP. Everything else (surface textures and ocean textures) work just fine though.

@Galacticvoyager I've just updated the OP with images of the moons and an alternative download link, namely through Dropbox. I hope you can download the mod now.

thx :D

• 1 month later...

I've updated the OP with a little preview of the next update. Here's the full list:

- Fixed the terrain scatter on Sennim
- Added basic E.V.E support (will be improved later)
- Removed Zerto, as it was too glitchy
- More mod compatibility, such as New Horizons
- Remade Dres (again) since I wasn't happy with how it looked (totally not because the actual surface looked strange in the previous version)
- Tweaked Kivlan a little for better scaledspace transition

• 4 months later...
On 12-11-2016 at 10:03 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

This mod should be getting hundreds of tons of love. Everyone who installs OPM should have this too. :) I'm loving the idea of Cyran itself, Infernas and Iltan....and that it kidnaps Dres.

Thanks! You know, that's the whole purpose behind Cyran, to provide something unique and challenging. It's a shame that, despite the amount of effort I put into my stuff, my work is often overlooked. I was actually wondering if I should even bother updating this pack any more considering only very few people know of it's existence.

Seeing your comment though, I've made my descision and will be pushing out an update to this mod very soon for 1.2 compatibility. Thank you for your kind words, you really made my day! :D

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Thanks! You know, that's the whole purpose behind Cyran, to provide something unique and challenging. It's a shame that, despite the amount of effort I put into my stuff, my work is often overlooked. I was actually wondering if I should even bother updating this pack any more considering only very few people know of it's existence.

Seeing your comment though, I've made my decision and will be pushing out an update to this mod very soon for 1.2 compatibility. Thank you for your kind words, you really made my day! :D

Thanks. There are people who want a little more to add on top of Stock + OPM, like @eddiew :) and the ultimate Dres fan @max_creative should be all over this too. Though I'd like to ask, why change Dres by so much?

This pack just needs someone to regularly post screenshots in What did you do in KSP today, and for you and folks to wear signature links/pics like many proud modders do. I can make something for you soon™.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Thanks. There are people who want a little more to add on top of Stock + OPM, like @eddiew :) and the ultimate Dres fan @max_creative should be all over this too. Though I'd like to ask, why change Dres by so much?

This pack just needs someone to regularly post screenshots in What did you do in KSP today, and for you and folks to wear signature links/pics like many proud modders do. I can make something for you soon™.

I'm a hobbyist digital artist myself, trust me, I can make a few nice banners for this pack real quick. Problem is, I have no idea how to add them to signatures and stuff. :D

I changed Dres because of all the 'boringness' people were giving it - because of it's 'genericness' Dres is often forgotten, and I wanted to change that. Plus, like I said, uniqueness: there are countless packs that add planets to the outer solar system, but nearly none that add any planets between Duna and Jool, thus I chose that as Cyran's orbit.

I also wanted Dres to be a terraformed, Laythe-like world first, only to realize that adding an atmosphere to an atmosphere-less stock planet isn't possible, so I obtained Dres' texture and just added a new moon to take that position, and Iltan was born. I was then left with two versions of Dres, thus I changed the original Dres. It's easily undone though. :)

qlVw4lM.png

: D? ...This is clearly not signature sized. But it's what I came up with.

Add an image to your signature just how you'd add it to a forum post. Only concern is you don't have much vertical space down there.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

qlVw4lM.png

: D? ...This is clearly not signature sized. But it's what I came up with.

Add an image to your signature just how you'd add it to a forum post. Only concern is you don't have much vertical space down there.

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

That looks epic!

@JadeOfMaar I went ahead and added it to my signature right away! I love it so much!

Edited by The White Guardian

@The White Guardian If you'd like I can contribute science, biome maps and resource tweaks. If I may I'd like to suggest that Zerto gets an irregular shape and a little more PQS randomness since it's asteroid. The peaks and troughs are also too regular and maybe too frequent/

Spoiler

I'm not saying you should totally abuse its heightmap and maybe PQS craters but maybe you should abuse its heightmap and maybe PQS craters :P

On 17-11-2016 at 8:10 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@The White Guardian If you'd like I can contribute science, biome maps and resource tweaks. If I may I'd like to suggest that Zerto gets an irregular shape and a little more PQS randomness since it's asteroid. The peaks and troughs are also too regular and maybe too frequent/

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not saying you should totally abuse its heightmap and maybe PQS craters but maybe you should abuse its heightmap and maybe PQS craters :P

Zerto needs a remake indeed, it's also not working properly in the current version, but I stopped updating this mod as it became less and less known. Now that this is no longer the case, I'll be remaking Zerto entirely. I can make biome maps myself, but thanks a lot for offering. Science Defs and resource tweaks are a welcome contribution however, I'll let you know in a PM when I've remade the biomes.

I'll be remaking the biomes entirely following @CaptRobau's example, no more boring 'highlands' biomes.

@The White Guardian CaptRobau is indeed likely setting the design trend(s) with planet packs. :D I'm motivated to make biome maps in forgiving palettes like he's done but I've already inserted dev-named biomes on the two nearest planets to the homeworld Gael in GPP. I'd say 16 biomes for a Laythe-like world is massive. What are you putting in there to justify that? :0.0:

Remade Dres: from 4 to 8 biomes. I'm now going to remake Zerto.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The White Guardian CaptRobau is indeed likely setting the design trend(s) with planet packs. :D I'm motivated to make biome maps in forgiving palettes like he's done but I've already inserted dev-named biomes on the two nearest planets to the homeworld Gael in GPP. I'd say 16 biomes for a Laythe-like world is massive. What are you putting in there to justify that? :0.0:

"Putting in there to justify that"? What do you mean?

Zerto has been remade, let's say it's a rather... strange world now. It also has 9 unique biomes to explore.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The White Guardian I'm curious as to how many features Iltan is getting to qualify for 16 biomes. I'd think you're secretly collaborating with some epic planet makers.

Nope, that's not true. I just want to maximize exploration. I have no plans to change Iltan as is, though I may do so in the future. For now I just want to provide more content to explore.

But I am curious, who did you mean by 'epic planet makers'? And what did you hope Iltan would get to qualify for 16 biomes?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.