[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

I mean. I'm curious to whether Iltan has more terrain colors than the preview image suggests, and if there's a high variety in terrain scatter--basically if it comes with its own SVE and SVT. :D

Please, no one take my SVE suggestion seriously. I don't want there to be too much hype now. :P

Edited by JadeOfMaar

36 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I mean. I'm curious to whether Iltan has more terrain colors than the preview image suggests, and if there's a high variety in terrain scatter--basically if it comes with its own SVE and SVT. :D

Please, no one take my SVE suggestion seriously. I don't want there to be too much hype now. :P

Hmm... no, the preview image is an in-game screenshot, but as I said, I could alter it. Colors are easy to do, it's editing the surface layout that I do not want to do. I'll check SVE and SVT to see what you mean, and try and see if I can make the pack look more like that.

@JadeOfMaar looking at the SVE and SVT threads, I wonder, is this more like what you are looking for?

Because in that case, I'd be more than happy to provide.

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

:) ! ....That's what I had in mind, yes. That set of features will be very wanted by the fanbase. I never thought to download OPM and see but I'm confident that it has its own Scatterer and Visual bundles now.

Alright, I'll get to work on providing some amazing visuals.

43 minutes ago, Nailed it! said:

Escuse me, but I get the White Ball Syndrome when I open KSP. How can I fix it?

Do you use any launch options? OpenGL, DirectX, or anything?

Also, could you provide the following file: in your KSP directory, go to logs-> kopernicus and paste the contents of one of the .body files in a message here. It must be the .body file of one of the planets that is giving you the white ball syndrome.

Also, for everyone who may be interested, a dev screen of in-game Iltan 2.0

Spoiler

IYy0jDo.png

Edited by The White Guardian

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

@JadeOfMaar There is one problem however, the image I sent you is of a planet with 8K textures, and I don't want to blow up people's computers. Therefore it'll take a while for me to get things looking just as amazing in 4K.

Would be great if you made a high res and low res versions. Like SVT. 

4 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Would be great if you made a high res and low res versions. Like SVT. 

Exactly my plan: HD eyecandy for better computer systems, and less HD, yet still good-looking textures for machines with less power.

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Ohhhhh. :wink: Now you're talking.

Reveal hidden contents

Now I'm getting the impression that you can create biome maps by just exhaling.

Kinda. It still takes a good 30 minutes though.

Alright, before I sign off for today, here's some last eye candy for you all.

Spoiler

gsGHXYu.png

Also, this is probably going to baffle you all: the screenshot is Cyran + EVE + full-res textures, max-detail KSP. Guess my PC's specs.

Spoiler

A laptop. Intel i3-3110M Dual Core, 6GB RAM and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 chip card. Ergo, nothing compared to a dedicated gaming rig.

Thus, expect both quality and performance. I might even push out some sweet 8K graphics before release!

On 11/20/2016 at 2:20 PM, The White Guardian said:

Do you use any launch options? OpenGL, DirectX, or anything?

Also, could you provide the following file: in your KSP directory, go to logs-> kopernicus and paste the contents of one of the .body files in a message here. It must be the .body file of one of the planets that is giving you the white ball syndrome.

Also, for everyone who may be interested, a dev screen of in-game Iltan 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

IYy0jDo.png

The "white ball syndrome" is caused by scatterer and Kopernicus calling on the same planet textures.  To fix this,  any planet with an atmosphere MUST be set to UseOnDemand = False or whatever that setting is but it must be false or you will get the white ball every time. You only have to do the bodies with atmospheres though

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Now includes all moons.

You may be very wrong on that...

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

The "white ball syndrome" is caused by scatterer and Kopernicus calling on the same planet textures.  To fix this,  any planet with an atmosphere MUST be set to UseOnDemand = False or whatever that setting is but it must be false or you will get the white ball every time. You only have to do the bodies with atmospheres though

Oh, I didn't even know! Now that I do know, I'll write a Scatterer patch for the next update.

Now that you're here, I might as well announce this: with @Galileo's kind permission, some cloud textures from SVE will be bundled with Cyran for the best graphics. @Galileo will receive proper credit of course:

-The OP will include a credits part

-The download itself includes a credits.txt file

-The textures are stored in a folder called Galileo_Textures

I'm leaning towards novelty's sake where it would be better to hold back and finish the science, unlike the case of Galileo's Planet Pack where I'm the only one who's done the literary work (descriptions and personalities, wiki, guide post supplemental to the OP...though I happily obliged myself for all that) but there are too many planets for it to be feasible to hold back and devise science for them all.

The alternative is to release the mod sooner and get the hype train at high speed asap. Assistance and notoriety really start flowing at that point/once there's any official download.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

11 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm leaning towards novelty's sake where it would be better to hold back and finish the science, unlike the case of Galileo's Planet Pack where I'm the only one who's done the literary work (descriptions and personalities, wiki, guide post supplemental to the OP...though I happily obliged myself for all that) but there are too many planets for it to be feasible to hold back and devise science for them all.

The alternative is to release the mod sooner and get the hype train at high speed asap. Assistance and notoriety really start flowing at that point/once there's any official download.

I see. Hey, I'm setting up a spreadsheet for the science defenitions. You offered to write a few science defs a while ago, I could send you a link if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...

i have to admit, I should have found this earlier. I hope it will be updated soon. I mean i also want to have a look at the code to find out how to do particle effects and the glowing rings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.