[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

1 minute ago, SAS123 said:

Also any modification you done with the ring and particle setup i gave you @The White Guardian?

Yes, I included it, with lots of thanks! :D

Also, I might as well post some defs I wrote myself:

Spoiler

You sure about this? This will spoil Cyran's biomes.

Spoiler

Your call.

FlyingHigh
Lower storms biome    The crewmembers agree that this was a very, very dumb idea.    The crewmembers wonder who got them into this mess.
Jet streams biome    "Hold on to your pants, we're going down!"
Cyclone biome        The crewmembers hold on to their seats for dear life.

InSpaceLow
Lower storms biome    The crewmembers admire the bands of swirling gas below.
Glowing bands biome    The crewmembers get blinded by the bands, causing some of them to spill their drinks.    Despite the beautiful view, the crewmembers lower the blinds.
Cyclone biome        You stare at the cyclone in wonder and awe.    For a moment, it is as if the eye of the cyclone stares back at you, and you can't stop seeing Cyran as some kind of huge beast with a gaping, fiery maw.    You thank every god you know that storms like this don't happen on Kerbin.

Edited by The White Guardian

7 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Hahaha, that's pretty close to what I had in mind!

Because of the atmo temperature, defenitions below FlyingHigh aren't even necessary!

Also, thanks for the offer!

Well then: Flying high above Cyran (no biome in mind):

Crew report: After (not that much) thinking, you decide to take your resignation

EVA report: You're praying for Gene to magically switch place with you.

Thermometer: The thermometer indicates a temperature of... ooh crap...

Barometer: According to the barometer, you seem to be doomed.

Spectro-variometer: Cyran's athmosphere seems to be composed principally of Blutonium, Redonium, and Doomium.

Goo; The goo observes you, and appears supplicant.

Material bay: The sample are melting in a very sciencey way.

Gravioli: There are a lot of neutral graviolis here... what!?

Edited by MinimalMinmus

On 12/20/2016 at 2:59 PM, MinimalMinmus said:

Well then: Flying high above Cyran:

Crew report: After (not that much) thinking, you decide to take your resignation

EVA report: You're praying for Gene to magically switch place with you.

Thermometer: The thermometer indicates a temperature of... ooh crap...

Barometer: According to the barometer, you seem to be doomed.

Spectro-variometer: Cyran's athmosphere seems to be composed principally of Blutonium, Redonium, and Doomium.

Goo; The goo observes you, and appears supplicant.

Material bay: The sample are melting in a very sciencey way.

Gravioli: There are a lot of neutral graviolis here... what!?

I actually made an atmospheric composition for every atmospheric moon + Cyran itself:

Spoiler

Cyran: 82% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 3% Xenon

Infernas: 40% Hydrogen, 30% CO2, 25% Helium, 5% Methane

Iltan: Methane 0.00018%, Nitrogen 78.084%, Hydrogen 0.000055%, Carbon Dioxide 0.873909%, Oxygen 20.946%, Argon 0.0934%, Helium 0.000524%, Krypton 0.000114%

Sennim: 38% Chlorine, 28% Xenon, 17% Methane, 17% Hydrogen

Kivlan: 60% Nitrogen, 26% Hydrogen, 7% Helium, 7% Methane

2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I actually made an atmospheric composition for every atmospheric moon + Cyran itself:

Hide contents

Cyran: 82% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 3% Methane

Iltan: Methane 0.00018%, Nitrogen 78.084%, Hydrogen 0.000055%, Carbon Dioxide 0.873909%, Oxygen 20.946%, Argon 0.0934%, Helium 0.000524%, Krypton 0.000114%

The how about: "Cyran's athmosphere appears to be 82% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 3% Methane. Strange, you were expecting at least traces amount of refined bad idium and doomium."

P.S. bonus point if the guy that does the crew report ACTUALLY resigns.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Hide contents

Cyran: 82% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 3% Methane

I should add that more often than not, most helium is produced by the radioactive decay of elements that emit alpha particles which are basically helium ions. Its actually where the majority of our helium comes from. So usually the more helium in a terrestrial atmosphere, the more radioactive material is in the planetary composition.

Just now, SAS123 said:

I should add that more often than not, most helium is produced by the radioactive decay of elements that emit alpha particles which are basically helium ions. Its actually where the majority of our helium comes from. So usually the more helium in a terrestrial atmosphere, the more radioactive material is in the planetary composition.

Kinda fits then, considering Cyran's radioactive core and Infernas' close proximity.

14 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

@JadeOfMaar do I need to edit the configs in the links provided?

You will need to edit, that is, add duplicate empty lines in order to fill them in and to make room for everyone's science or more of your own. That's especially if you want to have more than one science result per situation (which is cool in that not everyone will get the same thing to read all the time or at the same time).

5 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

I approve of this knowledge. :o

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You will need to edit, that is, add duplicate empty lines in order to fill them in and to make room for everyone's science or more of your own. That's especially if you want to have more than one science result per situation (which is cool in that not everyone will get the same thing to read all the time or at the same time).

I approve of this knowledge. :o

Basically if a TERRESTRIAL planet has 3% Helium in its atmosphere, its either really unusual, a sub-gas dwarf planet or a planet where alpha particles are flying all about.

I say there should also be an asteroid within the ring as asteroids aren't held by gravity but tensile strength. But its all lava except for one very tiny piece of land on the vulcanoid.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

My science definition templates: Vacuum Planet, Planet with Atmosphere Gas Giant.

Links above if you can use an advanced text editor and preserve the formatting of the templates. (Makes it easier for the dev to merge all your submissions. Saves the trouble of the dev adding the formatting by themselves.)

Everyone who contributes science is recommended to pick a world and write for that world alone for a clean and collision-free development or to ease the load on the main dev when they merge it all in. Here's how your cfg's should look, using the abundant samples from @MinimalMinmus. Ignore the syntax highlighting issues here. It's a non-issue when the config is installed.

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[crewReport]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = After (not that much) thinking, you decide to take your resignation.
		CyranFlyingLow = You start to feel less solid an more gaseous than before.
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[evaReport]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = You're praying for Gene to magically switch place with you.
		CyranFlyingLow = AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[mysteryGoo]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = The goo observes you, and appears supplicant.
		CyranFlyingLow = the goo seems to hate this place!
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[mobileMaterialsLab]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = The sample are melting in a very sciencey way.
		CyranFlyingLow = You try to analyze a moltenn slag before realizing it's part of the casing.
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[temperatureScan]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = The thermometer indicates a temperature of... ooh crap...
		CyranFlyingLow = The thermometer is very confident this was suicide.
	}
}
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[barometerScan]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = According to the barometer, you seem to be doomed.
		CyranFlyingLow = The barometer doesn't respond, I think it burned. SCIENCE!
	}
}
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[gravityScan]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = There are a lot of neutral graviolis here... what!?
		CyranFlyingLow = The gravity meter appears to detect positive graviolis. Dang.
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[atmosphereAnalysis]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingLow = Cyran's athmosphere seems to be composed principally of Blutonium, Redonium, and Doomium. 
		CyranFlyingLow = Just before the loss of signal, you detect a large quantity of "bad idium"
	}
}

Most of your entries, guys, of course need to be biome-specific so it's always fun to read the results window over the next biome. So entries should look like this:

{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranInSpaceHighEquator = (comment about the rings)
        	CyranInSpaceLowEquator = (comment about being inside, or beyond the inner radius of the rings)
        	CyranInSpaceLowNorthernStorms = (comment about those really bright stripes there)		
        	CyranInSpaceLowPoles = (comment about an envisioned feature of Cyran's magnetic or geographic poles)
	}
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Links above if you can use an advanced text editor and preserve the formatting of the templates.

Everyone who contributes science is recommended to pick a world and write for that world alone for a clean and collision-free development or to ease the load on the main dev when they merge it all in. Here's how your cfg's should look, using the abundant samples from @MinimalMinmus.

{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = After (not that much) thinking, you decide to take your resignation.
		CyranFlyingLow = You start to feel less solid an more gaseous than before.
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[evaReport]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = You're praying for Gene to magically switch place with you.
		CyranFlyingLow = AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[mysteryGoo]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = The goo observes you, and appears supplicant.
		CyranFlyingLow = the goo seems to hate this place!
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[mobileMaterialsLab]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = The sample are melting in a very sciencey way.
		CyranFlyingLow = You try to analyze a moltenn slag before realizing it's part of the casing.
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[temperatureScan]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = The thermometer indicates a temperature of... ooh crap...
		CyranFlyingLow = The thermometer is very confident this was suicide.
	}
}
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[barometerScan]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = According to the barometer, you seem to be doomed.
		CyranFlyingLow = The barometer doesn't respond, I think it burned. SCIENCE!
	}
}
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[gravityScan]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingHigh = There are a lot of neutral graviolis here... what!?
		CyranFlyingLow = The gravity meter appears to detect positive graviolis. Dang.
	}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[atmosphereAnalysis]]
{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranFlyingLow = Cyran's athmosphere seems to be composed principally of Blutonium, Redonium, and Doomium. 
		CyranFlyingLow = Just before the loss of signal, you detect a large quantity of "bad idium"
	}
}

Most of your entries, guys, of course need to be biome-specific so it's always fun to read the results window over the next biome. So entries should look like this:

{
	@RESULTS
	{
		CyranInSpaceHighEquator = (comment about the rings)
        	CyranInSpaceLowEquator = (comment about being inside, or beyond the inner radius of the rings)
        	CyranInSpaceLowNorthernStorms = (comment about those really bright stripes there)		
        	CyranInSpaceLowPoles = (comment about an envisioned feature of Cyran's magnetic or geographic poles)
	}
}

I have Chosen Infernas as it is a moon i helped The White Guardian with.

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Links above if you can use an advanced text editor and preserve the formatting of the templates. (Makes it easier for the dev to merge all your submissions. Saves the trouble of the dev adding the formatting by themselves.)

I just edited my post a little. And that's pretty cool @SAS123

1 hour ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Ahh. WIP version for those w/out cloud mods, plz?

The official release will be at about the same time as Cyran's. Just have a little more patience, it'll be there before the end of this week. If I can't get EVE to work before that, it'll be released without EVE.

On a separate note:

I will personally start working on the sciencedefs for Iltan.

Also, @JadeOfMaar I was actually planning on placing the science defs in a number of planet-specific configs to make it easier to add MOAR SCIENCE.

Good news, @blackrack and @Poodmund have probably just given me the answer as to what is troubling Scatterer. I'll try it out when I've finished the Science Defs of Cyran itself. Only the goo, materials bay, temperature scan and gravity scan to finish.

@MinimalMinmus your defs have been included with lots of thanks! :D

1 minute ago, The White Guardian said:

Good news, @blackrack and @Poodmund have probably just given me the answer as to what is troubling Scatterer. I'll try it out when I've finished the Science Defs of Cyran itself. Only the goo, materials bay, temperature scan and gravity scan to finish.

Look here, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip12-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00256-17102016/&do=findComment&comment=2894617

Actually you were right about Jool's default config. Better just go into the UI and tweak the map scale size by eye. I will fix this in the next release.

20 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I'm really glad you did! Tell me if you need more!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.