[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

13 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

270K ? That means Sennim is only at -3 °C. Isn't that a bit too warm?

Adding an ocean is a good idea. However, are you going to make it so the heat extends all the way to the moons? That would explain why Sennim is so warm.

Well, it isn't that far from the Sun or Cyran. Add to that, it;'s got an atmosphere with 17% Methane, a greenhouse gas.

I could add such a massive heat curve with ease!

10 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Given Cyran is almost a brown dwarf, this makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

But wait, if it generates enough heat for Sennim to have almost positive temperatures, that means Iltan is a tropical paradise! @The White Guardian, you need to add palm trees to Iltan!

Heh, not in the default Cyran but I could add a plugin. As for Iltan being tropical... just look around there once I upload the update. Gotta fix some last minute texture issues and the ocean ofc. Expected release date is before Sunday.

BTW Iltan has a surface temperature of 300K, ergo 26.85 degrees Celsius or 80.33 Fahrenheit. That is considered tropical.

Add to that, I'm gonna add some more atmo curves in the future to spread the heat more evenly. But right now I gotta install Unity.

Edited by The White Guardian

On 12/20/2016 at 3:03 PM, The White Guardian said:

I actually made an atmospheric composition for every atmospheric moon + Cyran itself:

Reveal hidden contents

Cyran: 82% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 3% Xenon

Infernas: 40% Hydrogen, 30% CO2, 25% Helium, 5% Methane

Iltan: Methane 0.00018%, Nitrogen 78.084%, Hydrogen 0.000055%, Carbon Dioxide 0.873909%, Oxygen 20.946%, Argon 0.0934%, Helium 0.000524%, Krypton 0.000114%

Sennim: 38% Chlorine, 28% Xenon, 17% Methane, 17% Hydrogen

Kivlan: 60% Nitrogen, 26% Hydrogen, 7% Helium, 7% Methane

@Elowiny These.

1 minute ago, MinimalMinmus said:
Er... there is methane everywhere? Iltan's precision is impossible to reach? Iltan's athmosphere is breathable?

True, but what is wrong with Methane?

Just now, Elowiny said:

Iltan's atmospheric composition is identical to Kerbin's/Earth's atmospheric composition!

Indeed, I did copy the values of a real-life atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Iltan's atmospheric composition is identical to Kerbin's/Earth's atmospheric composition!

It's not. Iltan's athmosphere has less argon and more CO2

From WP: Earth is 78,08% N2, 20,946 O2, 0,9340 Ar, 0,0407 CO2,and some other little stuff

Edited by MinimalMinmus

Thought you guys already knew Iltan had the right stuff for EVA. :wink: What I find funky in that list is that Sennim has 28% Xenon. Xenon is an incredibly scarce gas and in all the resource configs I've written I've assigned no more than 2% Xenon to a planet. Also I wonder if Sennim is more toxic than Eve. It's probably so, just because there are specifics for what's intended to be in Sennim's atmosphere, whereas the stock planets are simply: Oxygen, Argon, Xenon?

By the way. What would you say is the average proportion of Hydrogen to Helium in a gas giant's atmosphere. I have three and I've wanted to list percentages for them but I don't have this kind of wisdom.

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Thought you guys already knew Iltan had the right stuff for EVA. :wink: What I find funky in that list is that Sennim has 28% Xenon. Xenon is an incredibly scarce gas and in all the resource configs I've written I've assigned no more than 2% Xenon to a planet. Also I wonder if Sennim is more toxic than Eve. It's probably so, just because there are specifics for what's intended to be in Sennim's atmosphere, whereas the stock planets are simply: Oxygen, Argon, Xenon?

By the way. What would you say is the average proportion of Hydrogen to Helium in a gas giant's atmosphere. I have three and I've wanted to list percentages for them but I don't have this kind of wisdom.

Quoted from Wikipedia

Jupiter's atmospheric composition by volume     

by volume:
89.8±2.0%     hydrogen (H2)
10.2±2.0%     helium (He)
≈ 0.3%     methane (CH4)
≈ 0.026%     ammonia (NH3)
≈ 0.003%     hydrogen deuteride (HD)
0.0006%     ethane (C2H6)
0.0004%     water (H2O)

I'd probably stick to a real-life example if I would want to keep it realistic.

Here's the atmospheric configuration of my favorite real-life planet.

≈ 96% hydrogen (H2)
≈ 3% helium (He)
≈ 0.4% methane (CH4)
≈ 0.01% ammonia (NH3)
≈ 0.01% hydrogen deuteride (HD)
0.0007% ethane (C2H6)

Ices:

2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Check my avatar for a hint. :wink:

That's weird, the internet told me that Saturn was made out of 75% Hydrogen and 25% Helium. Never trust the internet!

Edited by Elowiny

I think alot of people like Saturn and Pluto. 

Xenon is scarce but considering there are a billion trillion planets in the cosmos, at least somewill have an atmosphere of only xenon. Hell theres probably a planet with liquid uranium and a radium atmosphere.

8 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

I think alot of people like Saturn and Pluto. 

Xenon is scarce but considering there are a billion trillion planets in the cosmos, at least somewill have an atmosphere of only xenon. Hell theres probably a planet with liquid uranium and a radium atmosphere.

There may be a xenon-rich planet, but probably not what you describe then. Also, remember, radium only boils at an infernal 2000 K... so the planet would be "quite" close from it's star.

31 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

There may be a xenon-rich planet, but probably not what you describe then. Also, remember, radium only boils at an infernal 2000 K... so the planet would be "quite" close from it's star.

I'm not saying they are common but im saying its possible they exist and actually the chances of then not existing is less than if they have to exist.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.