[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

12 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

When I installed I noticed that the clouds showed up on the objects in the Cyran system, but the clouds on every other object vanished (except kerbin). I investigated and found a few problems with the code:

-the EVE cloud layer at the surface of cyran (there was something wrong with the code)

-the hurricane on iltan

when I deleted the two pieces of code, the clouds worked again.

Strange. I'll look into it, thanks!

5 hours ago, SAS123 said:

@The White Guardian. I want to know how the third ring formed? Like i feel like it doesn't fit the system well if it doesn't have a story on how it formed.

Leftover debris from impacts, that was pushed into this formation by Infernas, Dres and Iltan in the past.

6 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Strange. I'll look into it, thanks!

Leftover debris from impacts, that was pushed into this formation by Infernas, Dres and Iltan in the past.

Cyran must have held quite a heavy protoplanetary disk. And I'd like to call that a serious team effort.

24 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

also I ran into a problem trying to land on Iltan when I got close the land turned blue and I couldn't see the surface until I got really close.

Wait...I may have encountered a similar bug where the surface changed to a lighter shade for one planet and to darker shades for two others. If the glitch you had and the one I had are the same, then it seems to be from certain values in Scaled Version. @The White Guardian I think the values for RimPower and RimBlend could change the surface brightness in flight mode, would it not?

29 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Wait...I may have encountered a similar bug where the surface changed to a lighter shade for one planet and to darker shades for two others. If the glitch you had and the one I had are the same, then it seems to be from certain values in Scaled Version. @The White Guardian I think the values for RimPower and RimBlend could change the surface brightness in flight mode, would it not?

No, they only have to do with the colored rim around a planet in ScaledSpace iirc.

@ModerndayLink64 could you provide an image of what you're seeing exactly as well as what mods you have installed?

Edited by The White Guardian

I couldn't figure out how to post photos.

But I have something better, a video!

my installed mods are

-CTTP (from Planet cyran)
-distant object enhancement
-EVE
-jool rings (part of SVE)
-Kopernicus (newest version)
-ModularFlightIntegrator
-New Horizons
-OPM
-Planet cyran
-SCANsat
-Scatterer
-SVE
-Texture replacer
-ModuleManager.2.7.2

Edited by ModerndayLink64

15 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I couldn't figure out how to post photos.

But I have something better, a video!

my installed mods are

-CTTP (from Planet cyran)
-distant object enhancement
-EVE
-jool rings (part of SVE)
-Kopernicus (newest version)
-ModularFlightIntegrator
-New Horizons
-OPM
-Planet cyran
-SCANsat
-Scatterer
-SVE
-Texture replacer
-ModuleManager.2.7.2

What the actual F is happening there? :0.0:

I'm seriously baffled, I have never seen that before in any of my tests. Could you try to remove Scatterer? I agree with @JadeOfMaar that that seems to be the most logical troublemaker here.

Though, a planet going half-transparent? Just, what?!

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

What the actual F is happening there? :0.0:

I'm seriously baffled, I have never seen that before in any of my tests. Could you try to remove Scatterer? I agree with @JadeOfMaar that that seems to be the most logical troublemaker here.

Though, a planet going half-transparent? Just, what?!

This is due to scatterer.  Looks like you have the post processing up WAY too high when reaching lower altitudes or you just forgot to set the values for the lower altitudes so you would get a smooth transition from high to low. 

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This is due to scatterer.  Looks like you have the post processing up WAY too high when reaching lower altitudes or you just forgot to set the values for the lower altitudes so you would get a smooth transition from high to low. 

Values for lower altitudes? Post processing? :confused:

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'll have time to help you with it tonight if you want me to. Let me know! 

Gladly, because I've been struggling with my new WIP mod Total Rebuild. Two planets keep crashing for no reason at all and it's driving me insane, having Scatterer's confusing configs to solve on top of that would make me want to throw my PC out the window.

5 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Why does it get stuck on the loading screen between the loading screen and the title screen?[NOTE: This happened for GPP too]

You might want to give me something to work with before you can expect me to be able to help. Sorry, but without logfiles I can't help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.