[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

Great work with this system! I just downloaded it and visited a few of the moons. 

I have one bug though: the rings of Cyran appear white from a distance and only change to red when I am close to them. Does this sound familiar? I can post a screenshot if you'd like.

Also, is it possible to keep the stock texture of Dres? Not that I don't love your work, I just kinda miss the canyon.  

12 minutes ago, scourvil said:

Great work with this system! I just downloaded it and visited a few of the moons. 

I have one bug though: the rings of Cyran appear white from a distance and only change to red when I am close to them. Does this sound familiar? I can post a screenshot if you'd like.

Also, is it possible to keep the stock texture of Dres? Not that I don't love your work, I just kinda miss the canyon.  

Thanks! :D

That's strange, I've never encountered that issue myself. A screenshot would be much appreciated, but even then I don't think I'll be able to fix it as I've never even heard of such an issue before. Could it be that you are using an experimental version of Kopernicus, those with @blackrack's new ring shaders perhaps? The only things I can think of right now that could cause the issue is a ring shader problem, a GPU problem or a weird problem caused by starting the game in OpenGL.

As for Dres, open GameData/PlanetCyran/Configs/Planets/Dres.cfg

Next, delete everything inside and replace it with this:

@Kopernicus:FOR[Planet_Cyran]
{
	@Body[Dres]
	{
		Debug
		{
			update = true
			exportBin = true
		}
		cacheFile = PlanetCyran/Cache/Normal_Dres.bin
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Cyran
			%semiMajorAxis = 26457637.7435685
			%eccentricity = 0
			color = 0.2865168,0.4269663,0.4157303,1
		}
		@Properties
		{
			tidallyLocked = true
			ScienceValues
			{
				landedDataValue = 9
				splashedDataValue = 1
				flyingLowDataValue = 1
				flyingHighDataValue = 1
				inSpaceLowDataValue = 8
				inSpaceHighDataValue = 7
				recoveryValue = 6.75
			}
		}
		@PQS
		{
			Material
			{
				deepTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
				deepMultiTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
				mainTex = CTTP/Textures/rock
				mainMultiTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
				highTex = CTTP/Textures/rock
				highMultiTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
				snowTex = CTTP/Textures/rock
				snowMultiTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
				steepTex = CTTP/Textures/cliff
			}
		}
	}
}

With the code pasted above, it should only relocate Dres, update the ScienceValues, make it tidally locked and improve the surface textures.

C1WbFBg.png

38 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

That's strange, I've never encountered that issue myself. A screenshot would be much appreciated, but even then I don't think I'll be able to fix it as I've never even heard of such an issue before. Could it be that you are using an experimental version of Kopernicus, those with @blackrack's new ring shaders perhaps? The only things I can think of right now that could cause the issue is a ring shader problem, a GPU problem or a weird problem caused by starting the game in OpenGL.

Here's a screenshot. In the tracking station, the rings appear gray. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix it. 

I simply have Kopernicus 1.2.2-2, and the only other mods I currently have installed are OPM and Arkas.

Thanks for the quick reply and the Dres Code! 

On 1/8/2017 at 10:28 PM, scourvil said:

C1WbFBg.png

Here's a screenshot. In the tracking station, the rings appear gray. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix it. 

I simply have Kopernicus 1.2.2-2, and the only other mods I currently have installed are OPM and Arkas.

Thanks for the quick reply and the Dres Code! 

Huh, I have no idea what could cause that. Pinging @Thomas P., maybe he has any ideas as to what could be the cause of this.

I do notice a strange ringtexture on the innermost ring, that's not what it's supposed to look like.

I mean, of course, but the separation into smaller rings is strange and not supposed to happen, which makes me think the following:

1. It could be that another ringtexture (OPM?) is having issues with it but I have no idea what could be causing it.

2. It's a Kopernicus issue.

3. It's a GPU issue.

Whatever the cause may be, I have no idea what it could be. :confused:

Before I start I'm a big fan of your work,but this mod is giving me some issues.Everything starts up fine,and I can see Cryan in the map view.When I zoom in on it however,it causes a major lag spike,this happens anytime the screen see Cyran.I could look at other moons such as Kivlan,and look out towards space and no lag,but when I look at Cryan the lag spike comes back.Im almost positive it isn't my cpu,as I'm using an Intel I5 quad core over-clockable processor 3.5 ghz,and a Nvidia Gforce GTX 960.At first I thought it was Infernas' particles,but I removed the code that made those and it didn't get better.There is no pattern to the spikes,and they only occur when Cyran is within render distance.I dont know much about coding(yet :wink:),but I thought I might be able to fix the problem myself,I was wrong.IF you have any idea as to what the problem might be please let me know.

A big fan our your work,

CanineCraver

1 hour ago, The CanineCraver said:

Before I start I'm a big fan of your work,but this mod is giving me some issues.Everything starts up fine,and I can see Cryan in the map view.When I zoom in on it however,it causes a major lag spike,this happens anytime the screen see Cyran.I could look at other moons such as Kivlan,and look out towards space and no lag,but when I look at Cryan the lag spike comes back.Im almost positive it isn't my cpu,as I'm using an Intel I5 quad core over-clockable processor 3.5 ghz,and a Nvidia Gforce GTX 960.At first I thought it was Infernas' particles,but I removed the code that made those and it didn't get better.There is no pattern to the spikes,and they only occur when Cyran is within render distance.I dont know much about coding(yet :wink:),but I thought I might be able to fix the problem myself,I was wrong.IF you have any idea as to what the problem might be please let me know.

A big fan our your work,

CanineCraver

That's intended, I have that myself as well, a lagspike when loading Cyran's textures. That's because of the amount of moons and the texture resolutions.

A fix for this would be reducing the map sizes on some planets, I'll add configurable textures sizes in the next update. The spike should only last for a few seconds when loading Cyran, after that it should be fine.

Something else that could work would be disabling OnDemandLoading for Cyran so it doens't have a lot of textures to load at once. This will, however, increase memory usage when Cyran isn't in sight as the maps are always loaded.

Another thing you can try: open GameData/PlanetCyran/Configs/Planets/Cyran.cfg with notepad and remove the line in ScaledVersion{} that reads 'normals = PlanetCyran/PluginData/Cloud_Normal.dds'. This will make Cyran use the default cloud bumpmap which may also help as Cyran itself is only 1K.

I found a problem with Glacia,my ship will spontaneously explode above the surface,and will also sink below the surface when it crashes.Another problem is that when using the "set orbit" cheat,minimum altitude puts me in the ground.Don't know what the problem is... :P

Edited by The CanineCraver

On 1/11/2017 at 1:16 AM, The CanineCraver said:

How do I disable on demand loading? All of the moons cause the lag spikes,so can I disable OnDemandLoading on all of the moons? Btw,Thank you for your quick reply,I will let you know if I have any more problems.

Yeah, I'll write a patch for that real quick. Give me a moment.

47 minutes ago, The CanineCraver said:

I found a problem with Glacia,my ship will spontaneously explode above the surface,and will also sink below the surface when it crashes.Another problem is that when using the "set orbit" cheat,minimum altitude puts me in the ground.Don't know what the problem is... :P

Hmm, could you keep an eye on the altitude meter when descending? I have a gut feeling that I know what's going on.

I was gonna give Glacia a redesign anyways, it's much too similar to Dres in my opinion.

ok so, I got the numbers, after I set orbit at lowest safe SMA(210125) it will orbit the center of the moon and will go through the ground when the ground rises above the orbit of 10125 M. Upon setting the orbit the apoapsis and periapsis reads 10125m. during the orbit however the altimeter will go to 10124 and back to 10125.However, after several orbits the periapsis has fallen dramatically, while the apoapsis has bearly moved, at one point the periapsis was at 9906m and the apoapsis, was at 10,704. After I set orbit once again, and orbited a few times, the craft made impact into something(I don't know what it was because I was in map view)and it was spinning out of control. It was coming back down to the ground before exploding due to impact at 10232m,quite a distance away from the visible surface. I'm not new to kerbal space program, but I am new to the forums, so how do I post screenshots, when I know how to I can post some screenshots of the various moments in the ships orbit and crash that may contain valueable information. If you need any more information, just let me know. :wink:

1 hour ago, The CanineCraver said:

ok so, I got the numbers, after I set orbit at lowest safe SMA(210125) it will orbit the center of the moon and will go through the ground when the ground rises above the orbit of 10125 M. Upon setting the orbit the apoapsis and periapsis reads 10125m. during the orbit however the altimeter will go to 10124 and back to 10125.However, after several orbits the periapsis has fallen dramatically, while the apoapsis has bearly moved, at one point the periapsis was at 9906m and the apoapsis, was at 10,704. After I set orbit once again, and orbited a few times, the craft made impact into something(I don't know what it was because I was in map view)and it was spinning out of control. It was coming back down to the ground before exploding due to impact at 10232m,quite a distance away from the visible surface. I'm not new to kerbal space program, but I am new to the forums, so how do I post screenshots, when I know how to I can post some screenshots of the various moments in the ships orbit and crash that may contain valueable information. If you need any more information, just let me know. :wink:

to post screenshots, just upload your picture to a photo hosting website like Photo bucket and then post the URL in insert other media and the picture should appear:wink:

1 hour ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I have a question, I was looking through the files and found an image of a star surface in the Textures folder. Was it used for anything or is it leftover from something?

It's not used right now, but I might use it in the future. I'm trying to see if I can give the Sun a new texture as a Cyran expansion.

8 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

It's not used right now, but I might use it in the future. I'm trying to see if I can give the Sun a new texture as a Cyran expansion.

7 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

oh I see

it can be used to do things like this

Zoo7VY5.png
803csmu.png

On 30.12.2016 at 0:50 PM, The White Guardian said:

Strange. I'll look into it, thanks!

Leftover debris from impacts, that was pushed into this formation by Infernas, Dres and Iltan in the past.

i can  confirm that removing the storm from iltan fixes the problem of EVE not loading other weather configs.

13 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Huh. Strange.

Normally means an error in the directory. Check spelling of the texture file or in the directory itself. Or, the texture is missing all together

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Normally means an error in the directory. Check spelling of the texture file or in the directory itself. Or, the texture is missing all together

maybe you can find it .

OBJECT
	{
		name = Iltan-Hurricane
		body = Iltan
		altitude = 3250
		speed = 15,3000,0
		detailSpeed = 0,0,0
		rotationAxis1 = 0,0,1
		rotationAxis2 = 0,1,0
		offset = 20,50,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 3
			_DetailDist = 1E-07
			_Color = 200,200,200,225
			_DistFade = 3
			_MainTex
			{
				value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/Storm
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/DetailStorm
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_FalloffScale = 10
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
				_ShadowFactor = 0.35
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			size = 6000,3
			followDetail = True
			particleMaterial
			{
				_Opacity = 3
				_MinScatter = 1.2
				_Tex
				{
					value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/textures/particle/rgb
				}
			}
		}
	}

all paths are correct  and no textures are missing.

EDIT: just found the error after i posted it.

its  (value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/textures/particle/rgb)

it should be  (value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/particle/rgb)

there is no "texture" folder in "Galileo_Textures".

Edited by Nihilinius
Mistake

3 hours ago, Nihilinius said:

maybe you can find it .

OBJECT
	{
		name = Iltan-Hurricane
		body = Iltan
		altitude = 3250
		speed = 15,3000,0
		detailSpeed = 0,0,0
		rotationAxis1 = 0,0,1
		rotationAxis2 = 0,1,0
		offset = 20,50,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 3
			_DetailDist = 1E-07
			_Color = 200,200,200,225
			_DistFade = 3
			_MainTex
			{
				value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/Storm
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/DetailStorm
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_FalloffScale = 10
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
				_ShadowFactor = 0.35
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			size = 6000,3
			followDetail = True
			particleMaterial
			{
				_Opacity = 3
				_MinScatter = 1.2
				_Tex
				{
					value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/textures/particle/rgb
				}
			}
		}
	}

all paths are correct  and no textures are missing.

EDIT: just found the error after i posted it.

its  (value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/textures/particle/rgb)

it should be  (value = PlanetCyran/Textures/Galileo_Textures/particle/rgb)

there is no "texture" folder in "Galileo_Textures".

Just found it myself. It's a sneaky little bugger, but it'll be gone in the next update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.