[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

Got a very odd bug with Cyran's atmosphere. In between 42km and 77km, Cyran's atmosphere disappears. Poof. Gone. It's a vacuum. Either side of this "vacuum band", the atmosphere behaves normally - on entering the band, the pressure abruptly drops to zero and all drag ceases with the ship in freefall, though timewarp is not re-enabled. After reaching the other side, the atmosphere suddenly resumes as though nothing had happened. I've tested this on a clean Cyran-only install as well, and can't find any fault with how the atmosphere is set up. I am aware this section of the atmosphere wouldn't normally be reachable without cheats, but it's a bug regardless.

As you can see, there's nothing here...

SS_05-20-2018_22-08-39.png

...but go up 10km...

SS_05-20-2018_22-09-13.png

...and it's all normal. I used HyperEdit here and had many other mods and drag disabled for other testing, but it showed up just the same without any of them.

55 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Got a very odd bug with Cyran's atmosphere. In between 42km and 77km, Cyran's atmosphere disappears. Poof. Gone. It's a vacuum. Either side of this "vacuum band", the atmosphere behaves normally - on entering the band, the pressure abruptly drops to zero and all drag ceases with the ship in freefall, though timewarp is not re-enabled. After reaching the other side, the atmosphere suddenly resumes as though nothing had happened. I've tested this on a clean Cyran-only install as well, and can't find any fault with how the atmosphere is set up. I am aware this section of the atmosphere wouldn't normally be reachable without cheats, but it's a bug regardless.

As you can see, there's nothing here...

SS_05-20-2018_22-08-39.png

...but go up 10km...

SS_05-20-2018_22-09-13.png

...and it's all normal. I used HyperEdit here and had many other mods and drag disabled for other testing, but it showed up just the same without any of them.

That is bizarre. Just ignore it though, I'm currently working on a huge Cyran overhaul, and the atmosphere is part of it. I'm computing the atmosphere this time rather than crafting it by hand, and as such I'll have the equations ready to fill in any missing atmosphere portions.

Ergo, the next edition of Cyran should be a whole lot better, especially on the atmospheric side of things.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

More updates? also, Is it compatible with 1.4.x?

PQS changes means it's not compatible with any version of Kopernicus past 1.3.1-3, so it doesn't work with 1.4. It'll update when TWG finishes the overhaul, no word on the progress of that.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I missed cyran a lot.
But know that I actually know how to do Planet modding, I took my I took my liberty to Fix Cyran enough for it to be usable again.
Although It's not the all promised Revamp.  The non-working scatterer configs have also been substituted by default laythes atmo config.
If you (TWG) don't want me to distribute this here ,then  I'll accept  to remove it without complaint.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qw9rghzonte8n5d/Cyran.zip?dl=0

Also needs a newer version of CTTP as the one included within the official download is outdated and uses a different file structure.
https://github.com/Galileo88/Community-Terrain-Texture-Pack/releases

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone update these planets for 1.12.5. They look kind of cool and would be fun to explore.  This is the error I get when starting KSP

[ERR 19:04:51.049] Unknown error occurred while loading 'archive:/CAB-c4564f37e14bda9828e9efd710734bea/CAB-c4564f37e14bda9828e9efd710734bea'.

[ERR 19:04:51.050] The AssetBundle 'file:///Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/PlanetCyran/KSPedia/planetcyran.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 19:04:51.051] Error while getting Asset Bundle: The AssetBundle 'file:///Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/PlanetCyran/KSPedia/planetcyran.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

Thanks

Larry

On 9/19/2023 at 3:26 AM, RevanX_LSR said:

No. You might have to downgrade to 1.2 or 1.3 to play this. Recommend a separate game file altogether.

I played it on 1.12 and it works... Sort of. I get a warning every time I start up my game but I think that's it.

It's one of the compatibility patches that's generating the error for me.

Edited by Richmountain112

I'm not sure the ramifications of the install error but,

I am using this fairly well now.  I was able to use transfer window planer mod and Cyran was listed. The parameters went from it into maneuver tool, It gave me phase angle, delta v , everything I needed to create and go  right to the planet the first time from kerbal. The graphics are spectacular! Just for jokes I am creating a 3 comm resonate relay network at 44Mm.  Just because I can :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.