The White Guardian

[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Planet Cyran

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

270K ? That means Sennim is only at -3 °C. Isn't that a bit too warm?

Adding an ocean is a good idea. However, are you going to make it so the heat extends all the way to the moons? That would explain why Sennim is so warm.

Well, it isn't that far from the Sun or Cyran. Add to that, it;'s got an atmosphere with 17% Methane, a greenhouse gas.

I could add such a massive heat curve with ease!

10 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Given Cyran is almost a brown dwarf, this makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

But wait, if it generates enough heat for Sennim to have almost positive temperatures, that means Iltan is a tropical paradise! @The White Guardian, you need to add palm trees to Iltan!


Heh, not in the default Cyran but I could add a plugin. As for Iltan being tropical... just look around there once I upload the update. Gotta fix some last minute texture issues and the ocean ofc. Expected release date is before Sunday.

BTW Iltan has a surface temperature of 300K, ergo 26.85 degrees Celsius or 80.33 Fahrenheit. That is considered tropical.

Add to that, I'm gonna add some more atmo curves in the future to spread the heat more evenly. But right now I gotta install Unity.

Edited by The White Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The White Guardian said:

There is something nobody seems to have noticed about the atmosphere compositions I posted...

Uh? What atmosphere compositions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2016 at 3:03 PM, The White Guardian said:

I actually made an atmospheric composition for every atmospheric moon + Cyran itself:

  Reveal hidden contents

Cyran: 82% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 3% Xenon

Infernas: 40% Hydrogen, 30% CO2, 25% Helium, 5% Methane

Iltan: Methane 0.00018%, Nitrogen 78.084%, Hydrogen 0.000055%, Carbon Dioxide 0.873909%, Oxygen 20.946%, Argon 0.0934%, Helium 0.000524%, Krypton 0.000114%

Sennim: 38% Chlorine, 28% Xenon, 17% Methane, 17% Hydrogen

Kivlan: 60% Nitrogen, 26% Hydrogen, 7% Helium, 7% Methane

 

@Elowiny These.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The White Guardian said:

@Elowiny These.

Iltan's atmospheric composition is identical to Kerbin's/Earth's atmospheric composition!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MinimalMinmus said:
Er... there is methane everywhere? Iltan's precision is impossible to reach? Iltan's athmosphere is breathable?

True, but what is wrong with Methane?

Just now, Elowiny said:

Iltan's atmospheric composition is identical to Kerbin's/Earth's atmospheric composition!

Indeed, I did copy the values of a real-life atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Iltan's atmospheric composition is identical to Kerbin's/Earth's atmospheric composition!

It's not. Iltan's athmosphere has less argon and more CO2

From WP: Earth is 78,08% N2, 20,946 O2, 0,9340 Ar, 0,0407 CO2,and some other little stuff

Edited by MinimalMinmus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought you guys already knew Iltan had the right stuff for EVA. :wink: What I find funky in that list is that Sennim has 28% Xenon. Xenon is an incredibly scarce gas and in all the resource configs I've written I've assigned no more than 2% Xenon to a planet. Also I wonder if Sennim is more toxic than Eve. It's probably so, just because there are specifics for what's intended to be in Sennim's atmosphere, whereas the stock planets are simply: Oxygen, Argon, Xenon?

By the way. What would you say is the average proportion of Hydrogen to Helium in a gas giant's atmosphere. I have three and I've wanted to list percentages for them but I don't have this kind of wisdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Thought you guys already knew Iltan had the right stuff for EVA. :wink: What I find funky in that list is that Sennim has 28% Xenon. Xenon is an incredibly scarce gas and in all the resource configs I've written I've assigned no more than 2% Xenon to a planet. Also I wonder if Sennim is more toxic than Eve. It's probably so, just because there are specifics for what's intended to be in Sennim's atmosphere, whereas the stock planets are simply: Oxygen, Argon, Xenon?

By the way. What would you say is the average proportion of Hydrogen to Helium in a gas giant's atmosphere. I have three and I've wanted to list percentages for them but I don't have this kind of wisdom.

Quoted from Wikipedia

Quote

Jupiter's atmospheric composition by volume     

by volume:
89.8±2.0%     hydrogen (H2)
10.2±2.0%     helium (He)
≈ 0.3%     methane (CH4)
≈ 0.026%     ammonia (NH3)
≈ 0.003%     hydrogen deuteride (HD)
0.0006%     ethane (C2H6)
0.0004%     water (H2O)

I'd probably stick to a real-life example if I would want to keep it realistic.

Here's the atmospheric configuration of my favorite real-life planet.

Quote
≈ 96% hydrogen (H2)
≈ 3% helium (He)
≈ 0.4% methane (CH4)
≈ 0.01% ammonia (NH3)
≈ 0.01% hydrogen deuteride (HD)
0.0007% ethane (C2H6)

Ices:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The White Guardian said:

What?

You showed us the atmospheric configuration of your favorite real-life planet, and I figured out it was Neptune by looking around on websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elowiny said:

You showed us the atmospheric configuration of your favorite real-life planet, and I figured out it was Neptune by looking around on websites.

Check my avatar for a hint. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Check my avatar for a hint. :wink:

That's weird, the internet told me that Saturn was made out of 75% Hydrogen and 25% Helium. Never trust the internet!

Edited by Elowiny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

@Elowiny I found the vales posted above here.

Oh my, why did I trust the random website that popped up when I typed "Saturn"? I should've used good old Wikipedia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... @The White Guardian Could you please put the biomes of the remaining moons on the PM please? This way, we'll be able to complete the reports hopefully before the release date.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, time to reveal the second new moon, Protorin!

Spoiler

hnWJpkC.png

Also, can I get an amen over here for this skybox? I mean, good lord that looks epic!

Edited by The White Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think alot of people like Saturn and Pluto. 

Xenon is scarce but considering there are a billion trillion planets in the cosmos, at least somewill have an atmosphere of only xenon. Hell theres probably a planet with liquid uranium and a radium atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

I think alot of people like Saturn and Pluto. 

Xenon is scarce but considering there are a billion trillion planets in the cosmos, at least somewill have an atmosphere of only xenon. Hell theres probably a planet with liquid uranium and a radium atmosphere.

There may be a xenon-rich planet, but probably not what you describe then. Also, remember, radium only boils at an infernal 2000 K... so the planet would be "quite" close from it's star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

There may be a xenon-rich planet, but probably not what you describe then. Also, remember, radium only boils at an infernal 2000 K... so the planet would be "quite" close from it's star.

I'm not saying they are common but im saying its possible they exist and actually the chances of then not existing is less than if they have to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAS123 said:

I'm not saying they are common but im saying its possible they exist and actually the chances of then not existing is less than if they have to exist.

What I meant was "The first may exist but I doubt the other does".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.