Mod Desired: Parchutes for Kerbals

inigma

Currently the author of EVA Parachutes is not around to work on that mod. Would any mod author be willing to cobble together an alternative?

Would be nice if they were able to be triggered by Backspace by default, with Shift+Backspace triggering it for all EVA Kerbals in physics range.

Edited by inigma

9 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Gentlemen and Ladies, it is possible, It is done, see below, delivery Sunday afternooni sh  BST.( a bit like tomorrow.tm)

Very happy with my second chute

Awesome job man! I love the modern parachutes.

Would be nice if they were able to be triggered by Backspace by default, with Shift+Backspace triggering it for all EVA Kerbals in physics range. Thoughts?

@inigma  Thanks, don't you love it when 3 year old @sumghai (parachutes) modding info actually still works.

As for your suggestion I've a feeling that something like that would be possible using a similar eva manager code to add the right modules, similar to that which was used for BD FPS.         Although I suspect it may be a bit trickier than that.     Perhaps some clever chap (he says glancing at the plugin sub forum} could work that out. and while he was at it enable an EVA throttle so my new Para sail, does not have to have fixed thrust. (yes a parachute with an electric prop attached)

Fully aware  it's way beyond my coding abilities, I am at the mechanic with a laptop level, so I know it's broken but don't fully understand why, but I can work out what the fault code means and find a bit of code to fix it it, still without fully understanding how it all screws together. But parts, unity and modules I can bully like a pro :)

Yes it does use KIS and thanks to my work with KIS and BD FPS it was unbelievably easy to do ( diy, experienced modder, cloned parts, 20mins) Funny the things you end up doing in a week from Marine goods to Airships and finally parachutes, I like shiny things :)

33 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Gentlemen and Ladies, it is possible, It is done, see below, delivery Sunday afternooni sh  BST.( a bit like tomorrow.tm)

Yay! I love the stockalike chutes! *Shoves cookie into the disk drive in an attempt to send it through the computer*

13 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

aayyy... now I DONT have to fix up the plugins! \o/

anyways I managed to decompile fermentGUI.dll and I am able to supply tomorrow when I wake up. (unless spanner did it then I dont need todo :P)

5 hours ago, Joshwoo69 said:

aayyy... now I DONT have to fix up the plugins! \o/

anyways I managed to decompile fermentGUI.dll and I am able to supply tomorrow when I wake up. (unless spanner did it then I dont need todo :P)

Yes of course you do, maybe someone who for some reason hates KIS wants a parachute too. 

Get them on SpaceDock now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.