[1.12.x] The Malemute Rover

RoverDude

TmJLe8u.png

Introducing the Malemute Rover!  

Based on the Mars rover from 'Last Days on Mars' (great rover, horrible movie), this pack includes parts for cargo, geo-science (no more awkward Narrow Band Scanners sticking out!), crew transport, and general shenanigans.  Over a dozen parts with full IVA support.  Interconnects with other USI bits and pieces, and can be configured both as a rover, and also a really sweet biome hopper or VTOL.

Have fun!

Download Link:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Malemute/releases

Donation Info!

If you like what you see, and want to help out (or just buy me a beer!), please consider donating, either via PayPal or Patreon.  

M9m07Qw.png    jQeqsVo.png

License Information

• Configuration files and code are licensed under the GPL v3 license
  • Assets, including Models (*.mu) and Textures *.png/*.dds) are All Rights Reserved. If you wish to use any of these assets in your project, just ask nicely :)
  • This mod redistributes Firespitter, which is covered under its own license.

Edited by RoverDude

so that's where you disappeared to! not a 100% on the name (what is it?), but, this looks nifty as my karibou got pretty big! many thanks.

edit:

wikipedia indicates you picked a clever name, both a sounding rocket and a huskie? touche:)

Edited by Deimos Rast

32 minutes ago, Kmus said:

Beautiful parts ^_^

now i have some problem with your wheels,  motor are not operative  and also no steering,  is this relative to unity 5 bug ?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/rororo35/20160513145841_1.jpg~original

That's relative to you not using the proper attachment nodes :wink:  They are there for a reason

Just out of curiousity, I know the Karibou used to have clear glass (that was with RPM IIRC?).  Neither the malemute nor Karibou seem to have that anymore.

Not a big deal.  I always liked being able to see through the glass although it kicked the crap out of the FPS when doing so.

Also RE spelling - since I had to answer this a few times :)

I'm originally from Alaska - and we always spelled both the dog and the tribe with an 'e'.  Folks in the lower 48 might spell it differently tho :wink:

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

That's relative to you not using the proper attachment nodes :wink:  They are there for a reason

No, there is something going on with mini-wheels. They always blocked regardless of node choice on Malemute, attaching them to Buffalo MMSEV (pic 2) chassis either results in sick flips or wheels simply sink into ground and twitch constantly.

Also, congrats on release!:)

4 minutes ago, Rho-Mu 34 said:

No, there is something going on with mini-wheels. They always blocked regardless of node choice on Malemute, attaching them to Buffalo MMSEV (pic 2) chassis either results in sick flips or wheels simply sink into ground and twitch constantly.

Also, congrats on release!:)

Huh - looks like a bad version of that wheel made it into the release - I'll sort that :)

52 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

have these been tested in CTT career? they not showing up in carrer for me..works in sandbox though

Edit:the docking port shows up

Ditto, only see the docking port in career.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Also RE spelling - since I had to answer this a few times :)

I'm originally from Alaska - and we always spelled both the dog and the tribe with an 'e'.  Folks in the lower 48 might spell it differently tho :wink:

As well as folks in the rest of the world, too :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.