[1.12.x] The Malemute Rover

RoverDude

It has been really great following all the work done for this Rover on the Twitch Streams and is looking great as a result of all that work. Thanks for the mod release and for the hours of entertainment watching its creation. :D

13 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

As well as folks in the rest of the world, too :P

Dunno, given they use the 'e' spelling on the U.S. sounding rocket - there's actually a few spellings out there, but the 'a' and 'e' seem to be the most common.

In any case, yes, the spelling is correct.

30 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Really not appropriate for stock tbh.  But you can use it right now in 1.1.2 :wink:

(I'll check out the wheel and the career issues once I get home this eve)

24 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

There's a capitalization error in the part configs for the TechRequired node.  In the affected configs the "r" in required is not capitalized.

Thanks for that i went and corrected the error in the .cfg's now they show up in career

Awesome!

Cant wait to get this in the field. The Karibou has been great, but it's not so good for quick long distance romping. This lil badboy gonna be perfect for science expiditions, transit on planet, and small gaps in planetary logistics.

Great work as always RD =)

@NitPickers As a former breeder I can confirm the spelling is correct. Now shut up and enjoy your super awesome rover. :) @RoverDude Thanks for doing the stream. I learned much from watching you work. EDIT: And the rover is quite nice too 

Edited by Genolution

I'm having so much fun with these while driving them around my OPM moons. While a super-sleek version like this doesn't fit well with the stock building concept (too many do-it-all-parts for that), this does have me convinced that rover parts more suited to make big heavy-duty rovers should be in the stock game. Maybe something that could double as building blocks for horizontal bases.

7 minutes ago, BioRoots said:

Cant see the parts in Career

Try reading at least the last page of a thread before posting things like this....

Not but 7 posts above yours is a fix for this exact issue...

@RoverDude

This thing is PERFECT. It fills the few gaps the Karibou has in ground ops. 

Think Im gonna try printing this one before the Karibou =)

48 minutes ago, KhaosCorp said:

Try reading at least the last page of a thread before posting things like this....

Not but 7 posts above yours is a fix for this exact issue...

@RoverDude

This thing is PERFECT. It fills the few gaps the Karibou has in ground ops. 

Think Im gonna try printing this one before the Karibou =)

I miss the info but i found the error my self

Haven't done much with it besides load it up in the SPH, but nice work as always.  :wink:  Quick question: Did you mean to match the bulkhead profile of the Buffalo?  It's nice that they work together well.  (Though - if you actually meant to do it - I'd report that the wheel attachment points don't *quite* line up, height-wise.  If you didn't - well, they work well enough.  :wink: )

25 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Haven't done much with it besides load it up in the SPH, but nice work as always.  :wink:  Quick question: Did you mean to match the bulkhead profile of the Buffalo?  It's nice that they work together well.  (Though - if you actually meant to do it - I'd report that the wheel attachment points don't *quite* line up, height-wise.  If you didn't - well, they work well enough.  :wink: )

Not intentional, coincidence if they do.  Tho all warranties are void :wink:

Hi Rover, 

Love the Malemute. I noticed one thing when attaching big wheels in SPH they seemed to be rotated by 90degrees (clockwise when looking at wheel axis).

This would make the "bottom" part of the wheel (the one supposed to touch the runway) to be positioned so when you press forward it would want to go INTO the runway. Sorry for my bad explaining. But i figured it out when comparing suspension towards your image. This was in 0.1.0 (i dont know if it was corrected in 1.1.)

Anyway if it was not fixed and you wanted to reproduce it, just take malemute in SPH and attach big wheels (without rotating) to the small box at the bottom of each rover component. 

I am just uploading a short vid with the Malemute, will link it as soon as its published. Keep up the awesome work :-) 

What the heck do you think you are doing???? You were supposed to be on vacation >:(

Instead, you are unselfishly providing us with a totally cool new mod.  I can't believe you did that.  Now I will totally have to download this and try it out. 

Seriously, though , THANK YOU!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.