[1.12.x] The Malemute Rover

RoverDude

7 minutes ago, mcortez said:

Fastest way to find the problem mod:

1. Backup your save

2. Uninstall half your mods

3. Start a new sandbox game and see if the problem is there

4. If it is, then it's in the mods you still have installed, go to #2

5. If the problem is gone, it's in the mods you uninstalled, reinstall half of them, then go to #2

6. Repeat until you identify the problem mod.

I've done this with other games. It may be tedious, but it reliably takes less time to do this than it does to rely upon guessing which mod might be the problem, culling it, then restarting the game. Unless you have just two or three mods. Then any method is pretty quick. :wink:

Edited by SSgt Baloo

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

...so you feel it's better for me to spend my time troubleshooting an issue that is unique to your install, when we've laid out very simple steps that will help you find the problem?

ofcourse not, i mean, you can feel free to do what you want. but if you do have alot of time, i mean , i wouldnt mind if i did get help. and i am working on doing the simple steps now. 

2 minutes ago, 123nick said:

but if you do have alot of time, 

I maintain about a dozen mods with over 400 parts, have both a full time job and work for Squad making new content, play bass in an indie rock band, and play single dad while the wife is deployed.  My time is severely limited :wink:

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

I maintain about a dozen mods with over 400 parts, have both a full time job and work for Squad making new content, play bass in an indie rock band, and play single dad while the wife is deployed.  My time is severely limited :wink:

ok. i guess ill work on finding the problem mod my self.

and this is a question for anyone that may know the answer, where is categories defined? like, in the gamedata folder or wherever? because one can make custom categorys, and those get saved somewhere i assume. maybe if i delete the mods that add new categorys, run KSP, then re-add them.

Edited by 123nick

fixed it! by using the best method ever, doing stuff untill the problem goes away. no really, i was moving my different ksp folders around, but then this time when i launched it with steam it works fine now. all the categories come up, and i have no clue what i did too fix it, i mean, i may have done something but i forgot :P 

6 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Rover dude, hope wife comes back safe, as someone with multiple deployments I appreciate what you go through. My hat is of to you

8 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep you truly are a legend

7 hours ago, TimberWolffe said:

ay fam can we get a reaction wheel? I find myself flipping constantly because the pod doesn't have enough torque for mechjeb to actually work the stability control

Drive safer, use less MechJeb :wink:

CONFIRMED!

This thing is WAY better at going off ramps than the Karibou =)

I am in heaven over here! This amazing little rover fits perfectly into the K&K garage. It is super easy (and pretty cheap all things considered) to build a Malemute dropship with the K&K garage bits that will function as a service trunk to the rover once landed. ITS PERFECT!!

14 hours ago, RoverDude said:

So you're basically SuperDad. Either that, or you neglected listing experimenting with human cloning.

12 minutes ago, JDP said:

So you're basically SuperDad. Either that, or you neglected listing experimenting with human cloning.

I been saying this for going on a year it seems...

This is because RoverDude is not human....

He is a sophisticated cyborg sent back from the future with only 2 prime objectives:

1- To create the best mods the gaming industry has seen.

2- To create SkyNet...      don't worry, thats not till later....we got plenty of KSP time left =P

3 minutes ago, KhaosCorp said:

I been saying this for going on a year it seems...

This is because RoverDude is not human....

He is a sophisticated cyborg sent back from the future with only 2 prime objectives:

1- To create the best mods the gaming industry has seen.

2- To create SkyNet...      don't worry, thats not till later....we got plenty of KSP time left =P

Hmm,  he is creating the stock antenna functionality, likely the first step in creating the infrastructure for SkyNet

Just now, goldenpsp said:

Hmm,  he is creating the stock antenna functionality, likely the first step in creating the infrastructure for SkyNet

That's the main reason for signal delay in RemoteTech: to slow it down

4 hours ago, KhaosCorp said:

CONFIRMED!

This thing is WAY better at going off ramps than the Karibou =)

I am in heaven over here! This amazing little rover fits perfectly into the K&K garage. It is super easy (and pretty cheap all things considered) to build a Malemute dropship with the K&K garage bits that will function as a service trunk to the rover once landed. ITS PERFECT!!

How did you manage to fit the Malemute in the garage? I tried it and did not succeed, it was slightly to high.

Edited by Nils277

36 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

How did you manage to fit the Malemute in the garage? I tried it and did not succeed, it was slightly to high.

It fit coming out, could not get back in, but perhaps rover length has something to do will try shorter rover

Edited by Rafael acevedo

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Stow the wheels up and pull it in with a winch. The fit is nice n cozy, yet enough room to rig it in place if need be.

Of course, if you wanna scale it up a bit to allow driving in that would be even better. 

Thanks for the winch tip! But yeah, I guess rescaling the garage can be a bit tricky, since it's already done in measure to fit the adapter part, etc. Would be nice if Roverdude had teammed up with Nils while creating the Malemute, to make sure it would fit there in the first place. :wink:

Edited by Kowgan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.