[1.12.x] The Malemute Rover

RoverDude

On 5/20/2016 at 2:04 PM, MalevolentNinja said:

@RoverDude Congrats on the new mod!  It's a very nice addition to the USI family :)  TBH I never found a use for the Karibou - it was just too big for my tastes. But I am loving the Malemute!

Though I found it strange that a science exploration rover didn't have any provisions for life support...  For anyone who is interested, here's my ModuleManager patch to add Supplies and Fertilizer options to the Storage Tanks. It also adds a 2 Kerbal, 25% life support recycler to the Geology Lab.

Uw4kgu1.png

What's the Plant-ish part on the side and how do I get it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/14/2017 at 10:59 AM, RoverDude said:

Hey, even with the latest version installed I still can't research the Malemute rover parts or see in the VAB in career mode, only in sandbox mode. Any suggestions? I have double check every science node and it's not anywhere.

It also doesn't list anywhere else in Sandbox mode except in the Rovers category.

Edited by SHiRKiT

Hey guys, I have read a re-read this thread/topic about a gazzlilion times; and cant find the answer to fix the issue I am having. The parts dont appear in the R&D tree and also dont show in the rover category for career, however they do appear in the sandbox.
I have unistalled KSP, uninstalled all the mods and redownloaded them a few times, I have followed the information posted in here and made sure all my USI versions are up to date even CCK 2.2.0. Not sure what else to do, not really wanting to write this off as unfixable.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

42 minutes ago, Newbinator said:

Hey guys, I have read a re-read this thread/topic about a gazzlilion times; and cant find the answer to fix the issue I am having. The parts dont appear in the R&D tree and also dont show in the rover category for career, however they do appear in the sandbox.
I have unistalled KSP, uninstalled all the mods and redownloaded them a few times, I have followed the information posted in here and made sure all my USI versions are up to date even CCK 2.2.0. Not sure what else to do, not really wanting to write this off as unfixable.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Can you toss a pic of your GameData folder, and confirm your KSP version?

On 1/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, RoverDude said:

Can you toss a pic of your GameData folder, and confirm your KSP version?

Edit: Disregard everything, I'm blind and haven't seen the parts under Experimental Science. I feel dumb. (also Quick Search doesn't work at all)

Edited by SHiRKiT

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance for the headlights to be fixed?

Bug has been logged on GitHub for a while.

Album https://imgur.com/a/cqia7 will appear when post is submitted

If a second cone doesn't work out maybe it would be possible to center and widen the existing one a tiny bit?

Love it otherwise, your work is very much appreciated.

Edited by Xaero

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Ryan_Coates said:

i play kerbal space program myself can I please update this mod to newest release of ksp :)

Really? You can't even read the last post where is the link to the latest version which is working with KSP 1.4.1 and most probably with KSP 1.4.2 too?

Edited by maja

• 2 months later...

two things

First love the rover. it's just the right size for most of my rover needs. Keep up the good work.

Second is it possible to animate the suspension travel? I feel it adds more realism to the game when the wheels have some up and down play.

• 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, lunaris69 said:

this is my favorite rover, by far. its the neatest looking, and just the right size that i can make all kinds of crazy things with them while still being able to transport them to the site. i do with they werent so far up the tech tree though

Glad you dig it :)

• 1 month later...

i just realized, theres no habitat section for the malemute, or a kis section. the long storage tank model seems like it could serve for both, or maybe the geology lab. comparing size, one should have more room than the uks multihub on the karibou

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.