[1.12.x] The Malemute Rover

RoverDude

13 minutes ago, Deewad said:

Hello, after doing a few lko rescue missions, one of them seems to have used the malemute crew cabin, and the kerbal inside cannot EVA, is there a way I can stop the rescue missions from using the crew cabin?

To prevent this from happening in the future, I would recommend this little .dll file:

Basically, it only allows kerbals in rescue missions to spawn in certain pods that it has "green lit". Mostly this just means stock pods. I assume one could edit the file to add other parts as well, but I've never bothered. Regardless, it will prevent any more kerbals from spawning in vehicles without hatches.

I don't know if you are still trying to deal with this current kerbal in the crew cabin, but if you are, I would suggest using kas/kis to attach a docking port to the crew cabin, docking a rescue ship to it, then transferring the kerbal into the rescue ship.

1 minute ago, Merkov said:

To prevent this from happening in the future, I would recommend this little .dll file:

Basically, it only allows kerbals in rescue missions to spawn in certain pods that it has "green lit". Mostly this just means stock pods. I assume one could edit the file to add other parts as well, but I've never bothered. Regardless, it will prevent any more kerbals from spawning in vehicles without hatches.

I don't know if you are still trying to deal with this current kerbal in the crew cabin, but if you are, I would suggest using kas/kis to attach a docking port to the crew cabin, docking a rescue ship to it, then transferring the kerbal into the rescue ship.

Thanks, ill have to use that dll, and ill have to do that to rescue him

I don't know if the suggestion has already been made, but a small node on the top of the Lab, Bay and Service Module would be really useful if not already present in 1.1.3 (i'm still in 1.1.2).

Right now, i have issues to fix it to a skycrane, as consequence of the absence of upper node.

10 hours ago, ndiver said:

I don't know if the suggestion has already been made, but a small node on the top of the Lab, Bay and Service Module would be really useful if not already present in 1.1.3 (i'm still in 1.1.2).

Right now, i have issues to fix it to a skycrane, as consequence of the absence of upper node.

Just fix the skycrane to one of the ends of the rover.

When it's landed, tip it over onto its wheels, and detach.

I really want this mod in my arsenal but can't get it to show up at all when I open up the game. I've tried the GameData folder, the Squad Plugins folder and have re-downloaded it many times. If its because there is a mod I already have that is causing the malamute parts to not show up, here is a list: Chatterer, KWRocketry, RoverScience, Docking Port Alignment, ForScience, HyperEdit, Inferno Robotics, KER, RCS build aid, Trajectories, Tweakscale and Station Science. If any of those could be preventing Malamute from working, please let me know. I am on a MacBook Air btw if that helps

4 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Nothing should be put under squad\plugins. They should be directly under gamedata. 

Here is an old example of a gamedata that works

XW6hJO1.png

Really? Cause I've had it that way for a while. Man I'm a noob. Thanks!

Edited by RedBee92

4 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Also where is USI Tools?  That's why you have no categories.  It needs to be in GameData as well.  Along with anything else I bundled with this (i.e. Firespitter, CRP, etc.)

The USI tools are in the GameData folder for the Malemute add-on just like I think it should be (This download was basically untouched except for the copy of the GamaData folder)

15 minutes ago, RedBee92 said:

Really? Cause I've had it that way for a while. Man I'm a noob. Thanks!

Probably got lucky. It won't generally cause problems with mods that don't have parts because it will find the .dll anywhere. But parts look for the exact path so changing the path in any way won't work. 

@RoverDude

unveiyw.png

Is this what you wanted?

3 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Probably got lucky. It won't generally cause problems with mods that don't have parts because it will find the .dll anywhere. But parts look for the exact path so changing the path in any way won't work. 

That might be why one of three mods I try to merge with the KSP folder never work.

Is there any way you could support JSI advanced transparent pods.

In 1.1.3 it does not seem to work with Malemute rover, but It does seem to work with Karibou, not sure why

EDIT:

IT DOES work with Malemute but for some reason drawing distance is much nearer than with Karibou.

Edited by Grunf911
Updated that it does work with Transparent Pods

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.