[1.12.x] The Malemute Rover

RoverDude

7 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Yes, I launch it inside the Kendal planetary base system hangar. Pics available in the Kpbs forum thread 

I saw those yet I cant figure out how to attach the rover to the garage.

Edited by Yuri kagarin56

42 minutes ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

I saw those yet I cant figure out how to attach the rover to the garage.

Put a docking port in the back of the malemut and 1 inside the garage. I spaced the one inside the garage with corridor piece. Also I did not use the rear end of the malemut on the river. Used the cab, the 4 person can and the lab. Attached diving port to the lab. Hardest thing to do is the offset of the docking port inside the hangar

16 hours ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Anyone have a successful launch/landing system for this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702835430

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702835515

Did get it into orbit, but as of yet I haven't gotten around to actually taking it over to the mun. The 2.5m clampo on top is meant to be an interface point for my skycrane, which would take over in munar orbit and put it down on the surface.

Edited by Bomoo

On 18/05/2016 at 2:26 PM, RoverDude said:

Everything 'supports' RPM, but unless someone sends me a pull request for a non-laggy RPM cockpit, it will not be included as I don't use RPM.

Well, I imagine I could roll one as for Karibou, but you know what I'm going to ask for...

"I can't maneuver!"

"Stay on target."

"We're too close."

"Stay on target!"

"Loosen up!"

For you poor uncultured swine who have not watched the amazing work of 1970's CGI (I'm joking! Don't take this as being offensive!), Star Wars, this is a reference to the scene where they are going through the trench on the Death Star's equator. 

In the Malemute's IVA, they have the targeting device used in the movie.

10 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

For you poor uncultured swine who have not watched the amazing work of 1970's CGI (I'm joking! Don't take this as being offensive!), Star Wars, this is a reference to the scene where they are going through the trench on the Death Star's equator. 

In the Malemute's IVA, they have the targeting device used in the movie.

I'm pretty sure everyone with a pulse got that reference. Is there a single person who plays KSP that hasn't seen Star Wars? I strongly doubt it.

Just making sure. I don't want people to be like "HEY! I haven't watched Star Wars! Now you've offended me and spoiled it!"

I've been on the internet long enough to know that some people are hypersensitive.

By the way, if you don't want the 7th episode ruined, DON'T GO ON REDDIT!

I had it spoiled and it ticked me off.

Edited by Raptor22
DARN YOU AUTOCORRECT!

7 minutes ago, GingerNinja said:

How do you install it?

Download the zip file linked in the first post.  Unzip.  Copy the contents of the 'GameData' folder in the zip archive into the 'GameData' folder in your KSP install.

10 hours ago, Bomoo said:

I'm pretty sure everyone with a pulse got that reference. Is there a single person who plays KSP that hasn't seen Star Wars? I strongly doubt it.

Tell me more about this “Star Wars” movie that you speak of. Are you sure you don’t mean “Star Trek” or “Battlestar Galactica?” Those I’m familiar with.

14 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Tell me more about this “Star Wars” movie that you speak of. Are you sure you don’t mean “Star Trek” or “Battlestar Galactica?” Those I’m familiar with.

Space... Trek? Neva hoid of it.

22 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Just making sure. I don't want people to be like "HEY! I haven't watched Star Wars! Now you've offended me and spoiled it!"

So to avoid that you explained a reference to a movie nearly four decades old in agonising detail just to make sure the one cave-dweller who might be spoiled by it was? That makes sense.

Ugh. As much as I love this mod, I friken hate rovers. They slide around, and randomly have wheels popping into the ground and flipping them and their wheels being destroyed... but I love the mod itself.

Also, I am having an issue where the mini wheels are having spasms, making the rover slightly rattle going ~0.1 meters a second. Is this normal? I never installed subwoofers that strong.

43 minutes ago, John The Physicist said:

Ugh. As much as I love this mod, I friken hate rovers. They slide around, and randomly have wheels popping into the ground and flipping them and their wheels being destroyed... but I love the mod itself.

Also, I am having an issue where the mini wheels are having spasms, making the rover slightly rattle going ~0.1 meters a second. Is this normal? I never installed subwoofers that strong.

On the mini wheels: They seem to have trouble with small rovers.  They do better with large ones.  I'm guessing your rover is only two-three sections long?  Try them on something longer.

And I finally got around to landing it. The skycrane ended up being a tad short on fuel so couldn't back up into orbit, but it's not manned or even in a for-reals save. Concept is sound, I believe. Keep in mind this is all in Kscale2 (2x upscaled Kerbol system), so your experience may vary if you're in stock.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718070319

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718070358

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718070508

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718070567

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718070632

P.S. Is that a new mun surface texture? Looks a bit trashy when you're on the surface. Nvm, it's just the region I landed it. Guess I've never seen that particular one.

Edited by Bomoo

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ollie470 said:

hey is this being updated to 1.1.3? found it really cool in 1.1.2 and really want to use it again! :D

It is. Or as I should say, it already is updated for 1.1.3

Edited by goldenpsp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.