So someone asked for this thing to be doubled...

It wasn't easy.  Many good probe cores were sacrificed in order to learn how not to launch it, but in the end, all our efforts were rewarded with double the fuel capacity and a smaller total part count (unless you leave the last stage attached to increase capacity...

I humbly present to you my latest pure stock and purely awesome fuel ring!  (ok, maybe I don't do humble so well...)  I included some images of the failures to 1 - give you hope that failure CAN lead to success, and 2 - hopefully entertain @RA3236 enough to get me into Spacecraft Friday again!  :cool:  But I guess I would like to know why this isn't considered a shared craft...  ???

As always, my craft can be DOWNLOADED from Kerbal X.  This is the non-crashing (and non-flipping!) version.  If you want the crashing version, remove the struts between the center of the lifter's final stage and the outer ring...  :cool:

Of course, standard disclaimers apply.  YMMV, etc.  All warranties void if placed near a launch pad.

Danny

• Like 4

Flipping fuel rings.  Don't you just hate it when that happens?

• Like 1

You did it, Danny! You really did it!

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matuchkin said:

You did it, Danny! You really did it!

And thanks for noticing!  Always a pleasure to do a request!

Danny

Just now, CrashTestDanny said:

And thanks for noticing!  Always a pleasure to do a request!

Danny

I see there are docking ports on the sides. I'll try to download it and see what I can do with multiples of these.:D

• Like 1

Now THIS is much better!!!! Unfortunately it can't be on SCF anytime soon, due to the fact I'm not the main maintainer and a similar design has already been featured. Nothing beats a good explosion though!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Now THIS is much better!!!! Unfortunately it can't be on SCF anytime soon, due to the fact I'm not the main maintainer and a similar design has already been featured. Nothing beats a good explosion though!!!!

:(

5 hours ago, RA3236 said:

No worries - I'm jazzed about getting there once!

Danny.  

Haha ! The fun has been doubled !