A random and weird KSP idea

NotaKlutz-42516

Okay, I know this is gonna sound weird and creepy, but one night, as I was laying in bed, I thought an interesting thought: could the Kerbals and the characters from My Little Pony (the modern one) be residing on the same planet? I know what you're thinking; wow, what a creepy and girly idea. Well, it's possible that the Ponies' name for Kerbin might be Equestria. I know what you're thinking; Equestria is just the name for their kingdom. Perhaps, but let's not ignore the fact that there is a MLP mod (yes I downloaded it, deal with it). So this is just an idea that I came up with, but any feedback would be appreciated (no, I wasn't drunk that fateful night). So feel free to comment on this idea, and let me know what you think of it!  

Edited by NotaKlutz-42516
Wrong font

The way I see it, Kerbin is void of life save some scattered trees, grass, and cacti in the desert, along with a green algae-like substance which grows on most of the planet and makes every surface smooth and easy to land planes on. Then there are the Kerbals, who came from somewhere else a long time ago, far too long ago for anyone to remember. Oh, and I can explain this ridiculous lack of biodiversity.

OYlluUV.jpg

This colossal crater seems fairly recent, and by the size of it it obviously must have caused a mass extinction event when it hit, thus resulting in an extreme loss of biodiversity.

Now, if your ponies are spacefaring ponies that only arrived very recently (geologically speaking of course), and live someplace near the poles (they have lots of conifers if I recall correctly) then it's possible. But if they were "just there" then the impact killed them along with all other animal life (if there ever was any on Kerbin). Come to think of it, that would make an interesting story too, if Kerbal geologists suddenly found relics and ruins from an intelligent species' civilization dating prior to the impact.

No... No. Just no.

In all seriousness- the fact is the likelihood is minimal. I asked a friend who is a brony- and according to him, MLP is full of life and bustling with cities and forests... Basically having everything KSP doesn't. I asked him to compare the planets, and he said, "It's not. The map for Kerbin and MLP are completely different"

9 hours ago, cubinator said:

The way I see it, Kerbin is void of life save some scattered trees, grass, and cacti in the desert, along with a green algae-like substance which grows on most of the planet and makes every surface smooth and easy to land planes on. Then there are the Kerbals, who came from somewhere else a long time ago, far too long ago for anyone to remember. Oh, and I can explain this ridiculous lack of biodiversity.

OYlluUV.jpg

This colossal crater seems fairly recent, and by the size of it it obviously must have caused a mass extinction event when it hit, thus resulting in an extreme loss of biodiversity.

Now, if your ponies are spacefaring ponies that only arrived very recently (geologically speaking of course), and live someplace near the poles (they have lots of conifers if I recall correctly) then it's possible. But if they were "just there" then the impact killed them along with all other animal life (if there ever was any on Kerbin). Come to think of it, that would make an interesting story too, if Kerbal geologists suddenly found relics and ruins from an intelligent species' civilization dating prior to the impact.

Yeah, it would make sense if they were spacefaring ponies not unlike our little green heroes, although kerbals are native to Kerbin. But your story idea sounds even more interesting!

9 minutes ago, NotaKlutz-42516 said:

Yeah, it would make sense if they were spacefaring ponies not unlike our little green heroes, although kerbals are native to Kerbin. But your story idea sounds even more interesting!

I honestly don't care much for ponies. But I do wonder what life on Kerbin was like before the impact. Just think of what Earth was like before the K-Pg event; if you looked at today's world and tried to compare, you'd be in for a giant reptilian surprise!

But if your ponies are indeed spacefaring, then they must have come from somewhere else, and no one leaves their home planet without a very good reason. Why would they leave?

16 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I honestly don't care much for ponies. But I do wonder what life on Kerbin was like before the impact. Just think of what Earth was like before the K-Pg event; if you looked at today's world and tried to compare, you'd be in for a giant reptilian surprise!

But if your ponies are indeed spacefaring, then they must have come from somewhere else, and no one leaves their home planet without a very good reason. Why would they leave?

Who knows. Maybe some colossal superweapon destroyed their original planet, and they evacuated just before the destruction. That being said, it is possible.

2 hours ago, NotaKlutz-42516 said:

Who knows. Maybe some colossal superweapon destroyed their original planet, and they evacuated just before the destruction. That being said, it is possible.

Anything is possible, but...

Stratigraphic Record

19 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Who would destroy a planet full of ponies?

Judging by the replies to most pony-related posts on the Internet*, many people.

*This thread has so far withstood it, which I think really speaks volumes about our community.

On 5/14/2016 at 5:31 PM, NotaKlutz-42516 said:

Equestria is just the name for their kingdom. Perhaps, but let's not ignore the fact that there is a MLP mod (yes I downloaded it, deal with it). So this is just an idea that I came up with, but any feedback would be appreciated (no, I wasn't drunk that fateful night). So feel free to comment on this idea, and let me know what you think of it!  

The problem with your post has nothing to do with being "girly" and everything to do with the fact that you're asking us to comment seriously on the connection between Kerbin and MLP that you established yourself in your fanfic AU

24 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Judging by the replies to most pony-related posts on the Internet*, many people.

*This thread has so far withstood it, which I think really speaks volumes about our community.

Agreed. I find that us as a whole are very respectable despite our opinions on subjects.

2 hours ago, Accelerando said:

The problem with your post has nothing to do with being "girly" and everything to do with the fact that you're asking us to comment seriously on the connection between Kerbin and MLP that you established yourself in your fanfic AU

All I'm saying is that it's possible, but overall, I think this was a "Truly Kerbal" topic, if you know what I mean.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.