[Minimum KSP version 1.11] Surface Mounted Lights v1.19

IgorZ

On 5/28/2017 at 4:57 PM, AuToFiRE said:

Out of curiosity, would you be interested in trying to revive the old ASET inline RGB lights?

Link to the 0.90 mod
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47765-090-stack-inline-lights-07-update-07042015/

The owner of this mod is still visiting the forum: "LAST VISITED: Saturday at 09:36 AM". Did you try to contact to the author?

3 hours ago, AstroPawian said:

How to DL ???

In the OP

On 5/14/2016 at 0:42 AM, IgorZ said:

How to install

• Recommended:
    • Install and run CKAN.
    • Search for "Surface Mounted Lights", then install the mod.
    • Occasionally run CKAN client to update the mod (and the dependencies) to the latest version.
  • Manual:
    • Go to the files list on Curseforge and download the latest release archive.
    • If your game already has a version of SurfaceLights then delete it before installing the new version. Do not just copy over!
    • Unzip the archive into game's GameData folder.
      • Note, that the names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or it won't work.
      • The archive contains a version of ModuleManager. Drop it if your game has a more fresh version.

IMPORTANT! Dependency mods

• ModuleManager is needed to support KIS containers and stock lighting parts.

Note. When installing via CKAN these mods get deployed automatically.

1 hour ago, Aramid said:

It seems CKAN wasn't updated, it's still listed as 1.3.1 instead of 1.4.

Any news about that ? :) (If I understood, CKAN may have some lag to update so I don't know if it's that or something else)

I forgot to update the netkan file. Did it now, in 3 hours it should show up in the CKAN client.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, WhitestWizard said:

Does anyone else find that the lights do not illuminate the surrounding area even though they appear to be turned on. Even after ensuring pixel light count it set to the max. Only tested on the lvl 1 runway so far in career.

Could you please make a screenshot?

5 minutes ago, WhitestWizard said:

Of course, new sandbbox game and loaded stock craft on runway.

Mod not installed: http://imgur.com/oSbJSpY

Mod installed through CKANhttp://imgur.com/wLwrv9o

Interesting. Thank you for the report, I'll check it. On the screenshot you use the stock lights, how about the lights from the mod? Do they work fine?

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2017 at 2:48 PM, WhitestWizard said:

All your lights are spot on pal, and appear to work as intended as do the B9 and Aviation lights.

Well, I was unable to reproduce the issue.

zO2CX3D.jpg

If your test craft only uses the stock parts, I can test it in my test env.

Having an issue where the lights flicker when on. Don't have the issue in the VAB though. Have updated to the latest build, any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, pixel light count or whatever was at zero.

Edited by Palo
Solved.

2 minutes ago, flart said:

@IgorZ, Do you want exclude lights from utility category? (if there is CCK)

Well, it would go against the CCK mod idea. It's supposed to be a helper that groups the things together, but it's not intended to replace the game's categories (there are other mods that do it). So no, I'm going to leave the lighting parts in their original categories.

@IgorZ, Then may be option at difficulty settings helps? (example — KPBS)

I think utility category it's not "real" category, it's place, where all part without category turn out to be. So, if, after all, some category appears, its part should not be duplicated at utility, but it can be duplicated at all other category.

However, checkbox at difficulty settings, is the best.

Edited by flart

28 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I'm not sure on the exact syntax, but couldn't a properly written MM patch exclude the parts from the Utility category if CCK exists?

I agree with IgorZ's stance and that there isn't much need to remove the stock lights from the utility category but if you really must have it, you can start with this. Unlike lights, though, this is standard practice with life support parts.

@PART[X|Y|Z]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights&CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  @category = none
}

Personally I'd like all lights in the electrical category, or a lights category of their own....... I really should write a patch for that.

36 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I'm not sure on the exact syntax, but couldn't a properly written MM patch exclude the parts from the Utility category if CCK exists?

It's not about how to do it, it's about should we be doing it or not. Most of the people get frustrated when the parts start "randomly" disappearing from the places where they used to be located (only a few people read the manual before installing the mod). When a player installs a special mod to rearrange/change the part categories, then he should expect the changes, but CCK is not this kind of mods. When you install CCK into your game, you are not expecting any changes in the existing categories. That's the point. Those who want another behavior, are welcome to do their local changes to the MM patches :)

Just now, IgorZ said:

When you install CCK into your game, you are not expecting any changes in the existing categories. That's the point.

I understand, I wasn't asking for it to be done for the mod, I was just wondering if it would work, because I was thinking of doing something similar for my own personal install. 

3 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I understand, I wasn't asking for it to be done for the mod, I was just wondering if it would work, because I was thinking of doing something similar for my own personal install. 

From the technical perspective, it will work just fine. You may use the patch proposed by @JadeOfMaar or go and directly change the SurfaceLights parts and patches.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.