[Minimum KSP version 1.11] Surface Mounted Lights v1.19

IgorZ

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, BTAxis said:

Is there any version of this mod that works on KSP 1.10.1? The only version marked as compatible is 1.16, but it doesn't actually work.

I only test the latest version of the mod with the latest game release. Sorry, cannot advice here.

• 2 months later...

This mod does seem to be have some issues with 1.12. The loading screen goes through "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions" then hangs at "Loading Part Upgrades" when this I try to launch with this in game data. 

I also have KIS, KAS, & EVS running, none of which seem to be causing any problems.

Not sure if there is any useful info here, but this what I pulled from the log after trying to launch with this mod installed.

[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/en-us/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/es-es/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/it-it/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/pt-br/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/ru/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight/part/W485_SurfaceLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight4Way/part/W485_Surface4WayLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceOmniLight/part/W485_SurfaceOmniLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-KIS/@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]

2 hours ago, sportack said:

This mod does seem to be have some issues with 1.12. The loading screen goes through "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions" then hangs at "Loading Part Upgrades" when this I try to launch with this in game data. 

I also have KIS, KAS, & EVS running, none of which seem to be causing any problems.

Not sure if there is any useful info here, but this what I pulled from the log after trying to launch with this mod installed.

[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/en-us/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/es-es/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/it-it/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/pt-br/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/ru/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight/part/W485_SurfaceLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight4Way/part/W485_Surface4WayLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceOmniLight/part/W485_SurfaceOmniLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-KIS/@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]

It's due to a bug in the new KSP. I've filed a report on their bugtracker but so far no response given. TL;DR; almost all my mods are now broken. No workaround yet found.

Hiya! I've always loved Surface Mounted Lights! Thank you!

BUT...I can't seem to change the light colors in KSP 1.12. I made sure I have Advanced Tweakables enabled, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

I've tried in both Edit and in EVA.

I see color selection on the stock lights, but it looks different from what's in the demo video. I'm very confused.

On 6/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, Talia said:

Hiya! I've always loved Surface Mounted Lights! Thank you!

BUT...I can't seem to change the light colors in KSP 1.12. I made sure I have Advanced Tweakables enabled, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

I've tried in both Edit and in EVA.

I see color selection on the stock lights, but it looks different from what's in the demo video. I'm very confused.

There is a bug https://github.com/ihsoft/SurfaceLights/issues/39. You may get the fix from it (it's a part config change).

5 hours ago, theleg said:

Whenever I switch on a light from this mod, my fps goes below 5, but when I switch on the lights in-build in the game, it works perfectly. Any way to solve this?

Never seen such behavior. Which part do you use? Is it happening on a clean game (no other mods)? What FPS you have normally and what is your video card?

On 7/2/2021 at 10:28 PM, IgorZ said:

Never seen such behavior. Which part do you use? Is it happening on a clean game (no other mods)? What FPS you have normally and what is your video card?

I use about 60-70 mods, but the parts mod include only Restock+, Planetside Exploration, Universal Storage II, Procedural Parts and Wings, and Chrayol Design Org. only. And I wasn't facing this issue with 1.11.2. I normally get around 10-15 fps on ground, and 30-40 fps in space. And no, I haven't tried it on a clean game. I will try it and I'll let you know by tomorrow. 

Thanks for replying!

Edit: Fixed by reinstalling the mod.

Edited by theleg

On 6/26/2021 at 6:30 AM, Marlus said:

The mod are showing duplicated entry on "Filter by Modules" list. This can be fixed? Also, can you add a icon to the button? Instead of showing a "?" icon.

Heres the GIF of the duplicated entry: https://i.imgur.com/wSYXqTq.mp4

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's not a problem of this specific mod, it's a generic flaw of this mode: it doesn't properly recognize modules that are descendants of the stock modules. So, you get as many duplicated subcategories as many submodules you have. I've created a bug and will try to find a generic solution for it. In fact, many mods get affected by it.

1.19 (July 2st, 2021):

• [Change] KSP 1.11 compatibility. WARNING: the mod won't work with version lower than KSP 1.11!
  • [Change] Use a specialized KSPDev Utils version to workaround the KPS 1.12 bug when a duplicated mod is detected.
  • [Change] Deprecate  theModuleStockLightColoredLens module.
  • [Fix #39] Color picker is not available.
  • [Fix #40] Deprecate the lens brightness control. The lens are now controlled by the stock game.
  • [Fix #41] The light identifier gets lost when  state changes between the ON/OFF states.
  • [Fix #44] Deal with the duplicated "light" entries in the by module filter.
Edited by IgorZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 4:02 AM, Juba said:

Hey @IgorZ

Is there a way  to raise or remove the cap on "Light Range" ?

Not without code changes. In what use-case you'd need to have more than 100m range? For a spot light such distance seems more than enough.

Edited by IgorZ

On 7/27/2021 at 1:47 AM, IgorZ said:

Not without code changes. In what use-case you'd need to have more than 100m range? For a spot light such distance seems more than enough.

Was trying to attach it to landing gears, but because the range is short, landing at night was hard.

But I managed to edit another mod (Aviation Lights) to give me the required range.

• 2 years later...

Missing "pitch angle" option on mk1 and mk2 illuminators.

I  cannot change the angle of the mk1 and mk2 illuminators.  There is no "deploy" range or angle or whatever option for the lights.  I have advanced tweakables on. I am running 1.12.3 with minimal mods. Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Can anyone please help me to fix it?   It is frustrating to have to simply rotate the entire assembly and looks super Janky

I just checked and I have another install with over 177 mods!!! All the same mods in my base game plus 150 more! There is an option on the mk1 and mk2 illuminators in that build called "pitch angle" and I can angle the lights.

Why would my stock build with surface lights mod and advanced tweakables NOT have that option?

I made this to show why I am confused.  I have two builds 1.12.3 one with 177 mods and the pitch angle option is there and another 1.12.3 with only 15 mods, all of which are in the 177 mod build yet NONE of the four illuminators have the pitch angle option. yes, advanced tweakables is enabled!

https://imgur.com/a/l6xgQOC

note: This may be a clue.  I just noticed looking at my pics.  The illuminators that pivot are named I-1 and I-2 Illuminators and the ones that do not are illuminators mk1 and mk2???

maybe I have another mod in the build with 177 mods that add the I-1 and I-2 illuminators?   Does anyone know what it could be?

Another note: I do not see the "deploy limit" option in either the i-1 i-2 or mk1 and mk2 versions I have have?:?

Edited by ctbram

On 12/4/2023 at 10:52 PM, ctbram said:

Missing "pitch angle" option on mk1 and mk2 illuminators.

I  cannot change the angle of the mk1 and mk2 illuminators.  There is no "deploy" range or angle or whatever option for the lights.  I have advanced tweakables on. I am running 1.12.3 with minimal mods. Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Can anyone please help me to fix it?   It is frustrating to have to simply rotate the entire assembly and looks super Janky

I just checked and I have another install with over 177 mods!!! All the same mods in my base game plus 150 more! There is an option on the mk1 and mk2 illuminators in that build called "pitch angle" and I can angle the lights.

Why would my stock build with surface lights mod and advanced tweakables NOT have that option?

I made this to show why I am confused.  I have two builds 1.12.3 one with 177 mods and the pitch angle option is there and another 1.12.3 with only 15 mods, all of which are in the 177 mod build yet NONE of the four illuminators have the pitch angle option. yes, advanced tweakables is enabled!

https://imgur.com/a/l6xgQOC

note: This may be a clue.  I just noticed looking at my pics.  The illuminators that pivot are named I-1 and I-2 Illuminators and the ones that do not are illuminators mk1 and mk2???

maybe I have another mod in the build with 177 mods that add the I-1 and I-2 illuminators?   Does anyone know what it could be?

Another note: I do not see the "deploy limit" option in either the i-1 i-2 or mk1 and mk2 versions I have have?:?

In the stock game, Mk1 & Mk2 lights are not configured for the pitch changing. IIRC, there is a mod that improves models of many parts, including the lights. There, the pitch is enabled.

The SurfaceLights mod doesn't deal with this behavior.

On 12/10/2023 at 6:28 PM, IgorZ said:

In the stock game, Mk1 & Mk2 lights are not configured for the pitch changing. IIRC, there is a mod that improves models of many parts, including the lights. There, the pitch is enabled.

The SurfaceLights mod doesn't deal with this behavior.

watcxh the surface modz videoi it shows the mk1 and mk2 lights pitching from one side to the other!

On 12/13/2023 at 1:15 AM, ctbram said:

watcxh the surface modz videoi it shows the mk1 and mk2 lights pitching from one side to the other!

The video was taken with the ReStock mod. SurfaceLights mod doesn't affect pitching in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.