Jump to content

[Minimum KSP version 1.11] Surface Mounted Lights v1.19


IgorZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, BTAxis said:

Is there any version of this mod that works on KSP 1.10.1? The only version marked as compatible is 1.16, but it doesn't actually work.

I only test the latest version of the mod with the latest game release. Sorry, cannot advice here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

This mod does seem to be have some issues with 1.12. The loading screen goes through "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions" then hangs at "Loading Part Upgrades" when this I try to launch with this in game data. 

I also have KIS, KAS, & EVS running, none of which seem to be causing any problems.

Not sure if there is any useful info here, but this what I pulled from the log after trying to launch with this mod installed.

[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/en-us/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/es-es/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/it-it/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/pt-br/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/ru/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight/part/W485_SurfaceLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight4Way/part/W485_Surface4WayLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceOmniLight/part/W485_SurfaceOmniLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-KIS/@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sportack said:

This mod does seem to be have some issues with 1.12. The loading screen goes through "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions" then hangs at "Loading Part Upgrades" when this I try to launch with this in game data. 

I also have KIS, KAS, & EVS running, none of which seem to be causing any problems.

Not sure if there is any useful info here, but this what I pulled from the log after trying to launch with this mod installed.

[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/en-us/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/es-es/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/it-it/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/pt-br/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(Localization) SurfaceLights/Lang/ru/Localization
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight/part/W485_SurfaceLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceLight4Way/part/W485_Surface4WayLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(PART) SurfaceLights/Parts/SurfaceOmniLight/part/W485_SurfaceOmniLight
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-KIS/@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]
[LOG 10:20:26.312] Config(@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]) SurfaceLights/Patches/MM-StockLights/@PART[domeLight1,groundLight1,groundLight2,navLight1,spotLight1,spotLight2,spotLight1_v2,spotLight2_v2,spotLight3,stripLight1]:HAS[~category[none]]:FOR[ZZZ_SurfaceLights]

 

It's due to a bug in the new KSP. I've filed a report on their bugtracker but so far no response given. TL;DR; almost all my mods are now broken. No workaround yet found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fact, there is a workaround now. It kind of tricky and requires some tech background. I'm working on building new versions of the mods to workaround the problem at the level of the mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hiya! I've always loved Surface Mounted Lights! Thank you!

BUT...I can't seem to change the light colors in KSP 1.12. I made sure I have Advanced Tweakables enabled, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

I've tried in both Edit and in EVA.

I see color selection on the stock lights, but it looks different from what's in the demo video. I'm very confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever I switch on a light from this mod, my fps goes below 5, but when I switch on the lights in-build in the game, it works perfectly. Any way to solve this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, Talia said:

Hiya! I've always loved Surface Mounted Lights! Thank you!

BUT...I can't seem to change the light colors in KSP 1.12. I made sure I have Advanced Tweakables enabled, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

I've tried in both Edit and in EVA.

I see color selection on the stock lights, but it looks different from what's in the demo video. I'm very confused.

There is a bug https://github.com/ihsoft/SurfaceLights/issues/39. You may get the fix from it (it's a part config change).

5 hours ago, theleg said:

Whenever I switch on a light from this mod, my fps goes below 5, but when I switch on the lights in-build in the game, it works perfectly. Any way to solve this?

Never seen such behavior. Which part do you use? Is it happening on a clean game (no other mods)? What FPS you have normally and what is your video card?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 10:28 PM, IgorZ said:

Never seen such behavior. Which part do you use? Is it happening on a clean game (no other mods)? What FPS you have normally and what is your video card?

I use about 60-70 mods, but the parts mod include only Restock+, Planetside Exploration, Universal Storage II, Procedural Parts and Wings, and Chrayol Design Org. only. And I wasn't facing this issue with 1.11.2. I normally get around 10-15 fps on ground, and 30-40 fps in space. And no, I haven't tried it on a clean game. I will try it and I'll let you know by tomorrow. 

Thanks for replying!

Edit: Fixed by reinstalling the mod.

Edited by theleg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 6:30 AM, Marlus said:

The mod are showing duplicated entry on "Filter by Modules" list. This can be fixed? Also, can you add a icon to the button? Instead of showing a "?" icon.

Heres the GIF of the duplicated entry: https://i.imgur.com/wSYXqTq.mp4

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's not a problem of this specific mod, it's a generic flaw of this mode: it doesn't properly recognize modules that are descendants of the stock modules. So, you get as many duplicated subcategories as many submodules you have. I've created a bug and will try to find a generic solution for it. In fact, many mods get affected by it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1.19 (July 2st, 2021):

  • [Change] KSP 1.11 compatibility. WARNING: the mod won't work with version lower than KSP 1.11!
  • [Change] Use a specialized KSPDev Utils version to workaround the KPS 1.12 bug when a duplicated mod is detected.
  • [Change] Deprecate  theModuleStockLightColoredLens module.
  • [Fix #39] Color picker is not available.
  • [Fix #40] Deprecate the lens brightness control. The lens are now controlled by the stock game.
  • [Fix #41] The light identifier gets lost when  state changes between the ON/OFF states.
  • [Fix #44] Deal with the duplicated "light" entries in the by module filter.
Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2021 at 4:02 AM, Juba said:

Hey @IgorZ

 

Is there a way  to raise or remove the cap on "Light Range" ?

Not without code changes. In what use-case you'd need to have more than 100m range? For a spot light such distance seems more than enough.

Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 1:47 AM, IgorZ said:

Not without code changes. In what use-case you'd need to have more than 100m range? For a spot light such distance seems more than enough.

Was trying to attach it to landing gears, but because the range is short, landing at night was hard.

 

But I managed to edit another mod (Aviation Lights) to give me the required range.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...