The best Duna base ever.

Nuh uh
Mine's way better.
It's basically one stranded Kerbal that I forgot to bring back to the ship but still.
My Duna base can jump and speak and yearn for home. I'd like to see this other junker pull that off.

4 hours ago, Camaron said:

Nuh uh
Mine's way better.
It's basically one stranded Kerbal that I forgot to bring back to the ship but still.
My Duna base can jump and speak and yearn for home. I'd like to see this other junker pull that off.

psh, only one? I have TWO kerbals stranded. Beat that!

• 5 weeks later...

I think there are only a handful of players that can prove to do something like this, I think this is an awesome accomplishment :cool: and it is the best Duna base ever until someone else proves otherwise.

Edited by castille7

• 1 month later...

Trading framerate for dia show. I mean it looks really great but you can't use it effectively in any way.
 And I don't think there is any way to land that thing on Duna without cheating :D

On 27/06/2016 at 1:35 AM, The Optimist said:

I'll leave this here :3

JBRUWRc.png

That's luxury that is. When I was a lad we dreamed of living in a base like that. We used to live in a box with one side missing and we were lucky...

Yfmj5Qq.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 05.08.2016 at 10:49 PM, Foxster said:

That's luxury that is. When I was a lad we dreamed of living in a base like that. We used to live in a box with one side missing and we were lucky...

My guys are always classy))

uz5U7RY.png

I guess I can weigh in here with a Duna base designed built and constructed using a standardized architecture.  Each module arrived at Duna in a fully enclosed aero-shell with an EDL package bolted to the back of it:

0VpLAg8.png

From here the aero-shell would separate and EDL module would detach the drogue chutes:

TDQYHNT.png

Next up the skyframe (again a standardized architecture) would deploy main chutes and descent engines would ignite.  Here we see the skyframe deploying with two modules, but it was just as balanced with one:

7gcelLL.png

Once landed the tractor module would negotiate it's way carefully under the module and dock to the belly port in the base module.  Here we can see the tractor picking up the first of the two double level base modules:

MR86NsR.png

As you can see each module is fairly substantial, built around sustainable living on the Dunian surface.  The base was located in a highly inclined part of the planet near one of the frozen poles.  Flat ground for landing was limited which necessitated in part the need for a sturdy and capable tractor to lug the modules to the flat base ground to assemble them:

wO1Z2v9.png

From here the assembly job was pretty easy with everything managed perfectly to line up.  All in all 9 modules are landed including an aircraft and long distance rover:

JNRngZ1.png

gR2DtbV.png

Still my best totally hand flown and on planet assembled base to date using a standardized architecture system.

SM

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.