Hello again, Kerbonauts! I got back into KSP after watching Vaos' entire Solar Nations series(definitely worth a watch), and being myself, I had to do roleplay and Space Racey things. So, I made some nice flags, and plopped them in the >Gamedata>Squad>Flags folder. I load up KSP. No new flags, but I have all my flags I added from 1.0.5. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is it a bug with 1.1?

Also I have Hyperedit, CxAerospace Space Station Parts, Kerbinside/KK, Taurus 3.75M Capsule, and some other base part mods.

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

3 hours ago, Rolanvorxariat said:

Sooo... @Devious, do you just create a new folder in Gamedata and dump all the flags in?

Yes, that's what I did. This makes it easy to save and transfer the custom stuff. I have a separate folder in GameData for my flags, GameData\Crown\Flags. Some of the subfolders aren't recognised, though. I think, I will test it with another subfolder Flags.

Some of my flags have 256x160, others have 768x513, and even weirder sizes. Some are in PNG format, others in JPG format. And even some in BMP. I think, the most common picture formats work and as long as the side ratio is 1.6 it will appear in-game as a flag.

4 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

What file format are you using? Almost all flags I've seen are in PNG format.

Also, I think it's best to not touch the Squad folder and dump your flags in a separate mod folder like Deviouz implies.

All my flags are in PNG format with the dimensions: 256x160

6 hours ago, Rolanvorxariat said:

Sooo... @Devious, do you just create a new folder in Gamedata and dump all the flags in?

Actually the folder was created when I added a compilation of custom flags, but the mod only contained the mentioned folder and no other files, so yea, I just dumped a folder into the GameData.
There are no other files within the flags folder besides images either (configs, dll, etc).

Annnd... Still doesn't work. I made a folder in gamedata: Gamedata/Custom Flags/ Flags but it still doesn't work. Heck, some of the flags I deleted(not agency flags, regular flags) are still there when I load the game. My mods work fine, I installed KIS and all the items are there. All my flags are 256x160 png images. What am I doing wrong? 

EDIT: It works, nvm. Solved!

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.