Another Crashing Thread

So the whole crashing problem is becoming kinda unbearable, at first it was every other flight but now it is about a minute or two after starting up KSP. I'm not here to just complain, I understand that any new release will have a few bugs but does anyone know how to help with the problem? Also sorry for adding to the numerous threads about crashing problems.

While the thread posted by nobodyhasthis2 is good, perhaps some more basic comments might be suitable.

90% of my crashes in KSP are due to running out of memory. Most of the rest are due to mods. I recommend checking these two possibilities first.

1 hour ago, Sputnik 1 said:

So the whole crashing problem is becoming kinda unbearable, at first it was every other flight but now it is about a minute or two after starting up KSP. I'm not here to just complain, I understand that any new release will have a few bugs but does anyone know how to help with the problem? Also sorry for adding to the numerous threads about crashing problems.

It sounds like your not running 64 bit. If you go to your KSP install folder, find KSP_x64.exe and run it, does it still crash?

I'll contribute what little I know on this problem. When I started running 1.1.x on Windows 10 I had an unbearable amount of crashes. I tired 32 and 64 bit versions of the game. 64 seemed worse ironically. All over the game too not just in the VAB or staging but all over. Then some helpful individual (sorry don't recall his name) recommended setting the properties of the .exe shortcut to run in windows 7 compatibility mode. That was the magic bullet for the most part for me. That game still crashes on occasion but the occurrence rate has decreased 99% as a result. The only time the game crashes for me now is during staging, especially asparagus style, on large rockets but only once out of every 10 launches maybe with huge builds only.

What I am about to say is not meant to urinate on anyone but just my two cents. I believe that 99% of these issues are Unity related. When you try to be the jack of all trades, like Unity attempts to be, then you are a master of none.

Edited by Brian444444

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.