[1.3.x] Airports & Fictional KSC for Real Solar System & KSC Switcher

Osel

Dont like Realism Overhaul with RealFuels? Do you want stock rockets and play Real Solar System?

Try Engine ISP x2 - simple patch for higher fuel efficiency. Also available via Ckan

• RSS Airports:
    • download: RSS-Airports-v0.1.6.zip
    • also available via CKAN
    • add some real airports locations as new additional launch sites:
    • Aeroporto Internacional de Macapa Alberto Alcolumbre
    • Airport near the equator (~5km). Macapa-Alberto Alcolumbre International Airport (IATA: MCP, ICAO: SBMQ) is the airport serving Macapa, Brazil. Since April 22, 2009 the airport is named after Alberto Alcolumbre, a local businessman.
    • Mbandaka Airport
    • Equator closest (~2km) airport in the world. Mbandaka Airport (IATA: MDK, ICAO: FZEA) is an airport serving Mbandaka, the capital city of the Equateur District in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
    • Changi Airport Singapore
    • Singapore Changi Airport (IATA: SIN, ICAO: WSSS), or simply Changi Airport, is the primary civilian airport for Singapore, and one of the largest transportation hubs in Southeast Asia. It is currently the World's Best Airport (Skytrax 2016), and is one of the world's busiest airports by international passenger traffic and cargo traffic. The airport is located in Changi, at the eastern end of Singapore, approximately 17.2 kilometres (10.7 mi) northeast from Marina Bay (downtown Singapore), on a 13-square-kilometre (5.0 sq mi) site. It is operated by Changi Airport Group and it is the home base of Singapore Airlines, Singapore Airlines Cargo, SilkAir, Scoot, Tigerair, Jetstar Asia Airways, Valuair and BOC Aviation, as well as a focus city of AirAsia.
    • Aeroporto Internacional de Sao Tome
    • Airport on the equatorial island (~42km from equator). Sao Tome and Principe - officially the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe, is a Portuguese-speaking island nation in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western equatorial coast of Central Africa. It consists of two archipelagos around the two main islands: Sao Tome and Principe, located about 140 kilometres (87 miles) apart and about 250 and 225 kilometres (155 and 140 miles), respectively, off the northwestern coast of Gabon.
    • Entebbe International Airport
    • Airport near the equator (~3km). Entebbe International Airport (IATA: EBB, ICAO: HUEN) is the principal international airport of Uganda. It is near the town of Entebbe, on the shores of Lake Victoria, and about 41 km (25 mi), by road, southwest of the central business district of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city. The headquarters of the Civil Aviation Authority of Uganda have been relocated to a new block off the airport highway.
    • Peenemünde
    • The launch site at Peenemünde was a development and test site of the Wehrmacht, constructed in 1936. With the development of the Aggregat 4 (V2) and its successful launch on Oktober 3rd, 1942, Peenemünde can be considered the "cradle of spaceflight".

kerbal.gif
  • RSS Fictional KSC:
    • download: RSS-FictionalKSC-v0.1.6.zip
    • also available via CKAN
    • same as above, but this is a complete fiction
    • for now - Mount Everest, South Pole, Isla Isabela and Santa's workshop base at North Pole :)

• dependancy:
    • Real Solar System
    • KSC Switcher

• known issues:
    • some airports do not have the exact coordinates, since the height map is not 100% accurate
    • runways course - why? because I was lazy :)

• other contributions are welcome on github ( Airports , Fictional KSC )                        
  • both addons are released under WTFPL license
                         WTFPL_badge.svg
Edited by Osel
1.3.x

@Doc-Zer0G hm... expansion ... this is here because some people (including me) want equatorial and polar launch sites, but RSS core developers reject this, they want only sites with historical background

and expansion? i dont have too much time to play and develop addons, but some sites maybe added in tomorrow, or some sites create someone from comunity (doors for contributing is open)

@JeeF nothing special, only standard ksc in new locations :) (dont need screenshots)

@Bedi i dont have any "special" ksc creating feature, i copy the coordinates to HyperEdit (this is cheat, blah), teleport vessel here, look arround if place and terrain is ok, if not, move a bit (rss heightmap have some inacuracies) then copy coordinates and altitude from hyperedit to cfg file, reload game and tune altitude and mapdecal (description here)

now i dont have many sites because its tuning with reoading game take too much time :(

Edited by Osel

• 3 weeks later...

We have Peenemünde now. Following has to be integrated in LaunchSites.cfg :

Spoiler

Site
        {
            name = de_peenemuende
            displayName = DE - Peenemuende
            description = The launch site at Peenemünde was a development and test site of the Wehrmacht, constructed in 1936. With the development of the Aggregat 4 (V2) and its successful launch on Oktober 3rd, 1942, Peenemünde can be considered the "cradle of spaceflight".
            PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = KSC
                latitude = 54.153053
                longitude = 13.781189
                repositionRadiusOffset = 28
                repositionToSphereSurface = false
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
                reorientFinalAngle = 130
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
                radius = 12000
                heightMapDeformity = 46
                absoluteOffset = 5
                absolute = true
                latitude = 54.153053
                longitude = 13.781189
            }
        }

And the following has to be integrated in RemoteTechSettings.cfg :

Spoiler

STATION
            {
                Guid      = 510df5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc100
                Name      = DE - Peenemuende
                Latitude  = 54.153053
                Longitude = 13.781189
                Height      = 246
                Body      = 1
                MarkColor = 1,1,0,1

Antennas
                {
                    ANTENNA
                    {
                        Omni = 5E+06
                    }
                }
            }

new launch sites available in update (Peenemunde + Santa's workshop at North pole)

wait a moment (for merge on ckan) or download and install manually

north pole in rss is ... ehm ... interesant :) ... in the "North Pole Hill" is Santa's workshop! trust me! :)

Spoiler

RSS_North_Pole.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome, Peenemünde!

Unfortunately, there is no radio station there, so no A4 launches (with remote tech) from there.

Any idea how to create a ground station there? I tried to add one, but it had no effect.

STATION
			{
				Guid	  = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc481
				Name	  = DE Peenemuende
				Latitude  = 54.16673
				Longitude = 13.76886
				Height	  = 160
				Body	  = 1
				MarkColor = 1,1,0,1

Antennas
				{
					ANTENNA
					{
						Omni = 6E+05
					}
				}
			}

Thanks.

i am working man and dont have too many time for kerbal

i playing without remotetech and now i dont know how to create remotetech stations in new mod, but maybe in thomorow i take a look on this to add remotetech suport

when someone have new tested code / launch sites / remotetech stations / or other modifications ... addons is available on github for pull requests from comunity

Well the answer is sort of up there already:

On 1.6.2016 at 10:11 PM, grosser_Salat said:

And the following has to be integrated in RemoteTechSettings.cfg :

Reveal hidden contents

STATION
            {
                Guid      = 510df5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc100
                Name      = DE - Peenemuende
                Latitude  = 54.153053
                Longitude = 13.781189
                Height      = 246
                Body      = 1
                MarkColor = 1,1,0,1

Antennas
                {
                    ANTENNA
                    {
                        Omni = 5E+06
                    }
                }
            }

Except there is no "RemoteTechSettings.cfg". I have tried adding it to the "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" (which does contain a long list of ground stations), but that didn't work.

EDIT

Ok, figured it out. The "code" is correct, but the "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" and therefore the list of ground stations is copied to the savegame. If I edit that one, or start a new game, the ground station is present and accounted for. :-)

Edited by Nobody6
Solution found

ok, for correct integration to this addon (without editing other addons) we need add this code to GameData\RSS-Airports

@RemoteTechSettings:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]
{
  @GroundStations
  {

// place all new remotetech stations here

STATION
    {
      Guid      = 510df5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc100
      Name      = DE - Peenemuende
      Latitude  = 54.153053
      Longitude = 13.781189
      Height    = 246
      Body      = 1
      MarkColor = 1,1,0,1
      Antennas
      {
        ANTENNA
        {
          Omni = 5E+06
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

* need test - release candidate: https://github.com/miki-g/RSS-Airports/archive/master.zip

Edited by Osel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

awesome work. But I have an issue. I tried to make my own launch site, but it looks like this:

2017-01-265.png

What am I doing wrong? Here is the code:

@KSCSWITCHER:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]
{
 @LaunchSites
 {

Site
   {
     name = crete
     displayName = Palokastro - Crete / Kolokotronis Space Center
     description = Named after an freedom fighter, the space center at the south of Palokastro is located at the east coast of Crete, which isas hard and rough as it name giving example.
     PQSCity
     {
       KEYname = KSC
       latitude = 35.157050
       longitude = 26.265386
       repositionRadiusOffset = 2100
       repositionToSphereSurface = false
reorientFinalAngle = 1 // 1 = runway heading 90
       lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
     }
     PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
     {
       radius = 4600
       heightMapDeformity = 30
       absoluteOffset = 2100
       absolute = true
       latitude = 35.157050
       longitude = 26.265386

Thank you very much. :)

first you need only some adjust of absoluteoffset (or repositionradiusoffset) to pull runway from underground

and maybe higher radius if the edges of the object does not fit with the terrain

(if base is on high "mountain" or in a deep hole, you have absoluteoffset too far from the terrain elevation)

• 3 months later...

working on a save in quarter RSS and would like a launch site at either baikonur cosmodrome or somewhere in Japan, Its for the fictional school of Pravda from Girls Und Panzer.

Also, how do I make sure remote tech uses the stations given in rss? For some reason its reading all the stock ones.

Edited by Sovek

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

CKAN says it's updated for 1.4x and it appears to be workingin game, but module manager is reporting an error in the .cfg on load
vjZvray.png

Edited by Jup

now i dont have too much time for aming, in 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 its ok

this error is from 1.4.3? I check after update my kerbal ( but i dont know when :) ... maybe this wek )

hm ... stock ksp 1.4.3.02152 and modulemanager 3.0.6 ... ISPx2 patchs loaded ok

2nd test with RSS, KW rocketry and some others adons also without errors

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.