Races! 1.0.1

Vlos

Older version video demostration.

Spoiler

Video review from KottabosGames (Thanks!)

Dev album...

Races! It is a Kerbal Space Program mod in which You can build and share air, land and water racetracks and compete to complete them in the shortest possible time.

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Download, source, full readme (in spanish) https://github.com/Vloos/Races/releases

SpaceDock page http://spacedock.info/mod/721/Races!

(my first mod!! woohoo!! )

1.0.1 release

• Compiled for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
  • I banished those damn foreach.   
  • But they are commented, just in case ...
  • The transliteration and rotation symbols do not work (for some strange reason), so I've put a few buttons, which work fatal, to move and rotate control points and obstacles  
  • Read me Translated with google ...

Spoiler

1.0.0 release

• Now that everything works decently (from my point of view), I am able to make a full release.
  • Due to changes in the elements with which the tracks are build (https://github.com/Vloos/Races/commit/619e13d2f5fa73b10cf9214336ac817f22c72340), the racetracks stored in the alpha versions are not compatible. I guess being alpha version this is expected (and partly I shield in the "Hey, is an alpha version, things will break" to not admit that I have no idea how to make old track files work).
  • Partial Redesign of the GUI used to edit circuits.

Alpha 0.0.9 release

• Sprints and Laps.
  • Track keys generation method for records.dat changed. Load a track, edit and save it.
  • "File system collapse" and "Fail on rotation load" bugs mostly fixed.

Alpha 0.0.8 release

• Rotate and translate checkpoints and obstacles with gizmos.
  • New "Send to floor" buttons in checkpoint and obstacle editor.
  • Bug slapped.
  • MiniAVC thing

Alpha 0.0.7 release

• Place checkpoints and obstacles on mouse position with RCtrl+LMB.
  • Brandnew krt format (the same as before, but not quite). Load your Racetracks, goto edit, and save them.

Alpha 0.0.6 release

• Place boring but resizable grey cubed obstacles for maximun annoyance during races.

Alpha 0.0.5 release

• Checkpoints slightly less ugly
  • 10 seconds penalty by touching the edges of the active control point (white) during the race
  • Now using google translator (my tailor is rich!)

Alpha 0.0.4 release

• Added things
  • Colored checkpoints
  • My English is not very good

Alpha 0.0.3 release

• this thing remembers your best times per race track
  • GUI looks better?

Alpha 0.0.2 release

• Multiple lap races
  • Change checkpoint size
Edited by Vlos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You should put this on CKAN

EDIT: Nevermind, it says it's on CKAN, but for some odd reason can't install it from there. Probably need to wait for an update,

Edited by Veeltch

• 2 weeks later...

The editing gizmos don't show up in KSP 1.1.3. Apart from that it seems to work fine.

Why isn't this mod more popular? It's such a great tool to create challenges and I don't see anyone creating them!

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

a question: if a gate is to far away to see, is there a way to know where it is? From a racers view, I mean. 

Not currently. But I can try something for the next releases.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.