Ship magicly gained mass

Ok so I have this space plane that I have out in orbit.  it has a full tank of fuel and on the launch pad it weighs just a bit over 1,000 tons but magically in space it now weighs 1,430 tons.  This is rather annoying.  It also seems to happen whenever I revert to launch on this spacecraft or any of my other space craft in its line. Here are some images of what I am talking about.  Ok this is annoying the image album isn't updating to what it shows on imgur so you'll have to view it on imgur to get the images and their titles right.

Well turns out my procedural fuel tanks were not calculating correctly till I left and came back to the ship.  So I would get into orbit leave the ship come back and have many many MANY more tons of fuel on board and that was messing things up.  On the bright side I was able to massively downsize the rocket and still have the performance that I wanted!  So be it my .625 monoprop tanks which carry 80 monoprop changed to holding 6400 monoprop!  Which is more than a little odd but dumping the excess mono prop fixed that just fine!

Edited by captinjoehenry
Fixxed the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.