[1.8-1.11] Advanced Jet Engine v2.17.0 (June 26)

blowfish

Just now, blowfish said:

Yeah, I noticed that issue in the QuizTechAero configs.  Will be fixed.  I don't think it occurs anywhere else.

Could you show me the config you're using.  It should be copying one of the default TPR curves, maybe that part isn't working?  You've confirmed that it's only this part - other intakes work fine?

I just looked, I couldn't see any other configs with those settings.

I've configured four intakes, all four have this problem. Other intakes seem to be fine, including the stock ones I copied the config from.

@PART[mk1intake]:FOR[AJE]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		%Area = 0.6
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PilotTube/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PilotTube/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PilotTube/description$
	}
}

23 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I just looked, I couldn't see any other configs with those settings.

I've configured four intakes, all four have this problem. Other intakes seem to be fine, including the stock ones I copied the config from.

@PART[mk1intake]:FOR[AJE]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		%Area = 0.6
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PilotTube/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PilotTube/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PilotTube/description$
	}
}

Hmm, that looks right to me.  Are you sure that the intake transform is pointing the right way?  It could be that you're loosing thrust because the intake doesn't see itself as being pointed into the airstream.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Hmm, that looks right to me.  Are you sure that the intake transform is pointing the right way?  It could be that you're loosing thrust because the intake doesn't see itself as being pointed into the airstream.

I did think about that today. I didn't make the models, I'm trying to configure intakes from the Stryker and Airplane Plus packs, but they do work fine in stock. Is stock less strict with the transform than AJE?

ETA:

And we have our answer! I just tested the intakes by putting them on the craft backwards, and they work fine, so obviously the transform is reversed. I'll raise a bug with the mod creators. Thanks very much for all your help.

Edited by Citizen247

On 3/26/2017 at 0:44 PM, Citizen247 said:

I did think about that today. I didn't make the models, I'm trying to configure intakes from the Stryker and Airplane Plus packs, but they do work fine in stock. Is stock less strict with the transform than AJE?

Hmm, again, nothing is obviously stands out to me.  If you can tell me exactly what part from which mod it is, I can try it myself and see if I can diagnose the problem.

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

Hmm, again, nothing is obviously stands out to me.  If you can tell me exactly what part from which mod it is, I can try it myself and see if I can diagnose the problem.

It's the various mig intakes from stryker aerospace, and the mig/saber intake from airplane plus. I imported the airplane intake .mu into blender, rotated the intake transform and exported again. the new model works properly, so it looks like you're right, the transform was backwards. I haven't tested to see if it still works in stock though.

10 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

It's the various mig intakes from stryker aerospace, and the mig/saber intake from airplane plus. I imported the airplane intake .mu into blender, rotated the intake transform and exported again. the new model works properly, so it looks like you're right, the transform was backwards. I haven't tested to see if it still works in stock though.

Good to hear that at least the cause is straightforward.  I'm less familiar with stock intakes but it should be the case that the direction of the intake is the same in AJE and stock.  Maybe the stock code depends less on the exact orientation.

Edited by blowfish

• 3 weeks later...

I would love this mod if it was actually working for me.

The problems i am having right now is that if i spawn with my plane. The engines are actually always turned on on full throttle. Right after spawning. No sound, no actuall thrust and no functionallity. 

I would love to fix this mod, but after some attempts. I have no idea how to. 

Also, it does not show what fuel it takes or consumpts.  It is kind strange that FAR doesn't show me center of lift.

Btw, i am using many more mods that 'belong' to RO.

Edited by Aeralius

17 minutes ago, Aeralius said:

I would love this mod if it was actually working for me.

The problems i am having right now is that if i spawn with my plane. The engines are actually always turned on on full throttle. Right after spawning. No sound, no actuall thrust and no functionallity. 

Welcome to the forums!  Sounds like something is not working as intended, but I can't tell what just based on what you said.

The first step is to verify that you have everything installed correctly.  Make sure you're on the correct KSP version (1.2.2), and that ModuleManager, SolverEngines, and AJE are all installed and up to date.

If all that is correct, please provide KSP's log so that I can inspect it.  Instructions on how to find and upload it are in the first link in my signature.  For most of these issues, the log reveals the problem immediately (whereas it's impossible to know the issue just based on the fact that something isn't working).

38 minutes ago, Aeralius said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31ggrezym4qmajv/LOG.rar?dl=0 Well, everything is installed correctly. There are some addons missing that i will be downloading another time. They have nothing to do with this specific mod at all.

What is the latest ModuleMenager?

AJE is out of date.  You have v2.7.1 but should have v2.7.3.

You also have two versions of MM.  You can delete the old one, but this probably isn't causing any issues.

Edited by blowfish

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Check the download link in the OP...?

OP

Obviously i am looking at the page where AJE is supposed to be. But OP? What is it?

50 minutes ago, Aeralius said:

Okay, could you clarify?

Are you saying that the download link in the first post in this thread isn't working (in which case we should try to debug that problem), or that you were looking in a different place for the download?

6 minutes ago, Aeralius said:

Oh, actually it is outdated. Atleast, on the original post it self. It gives 2.7.1 or something. 

What link exactly were you clicking in the OP? Because the first one I see, Download Latest Version from Github leads me straight to the current 2.7.3 release

Also is your web browser now showing two lines under the term OP? If you hover your mouse over it and other acronyms on the forums you will see a definition pop up

Hello, i have some issues with some Jets not having Plume. Im getting a error: can't find animation named "HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan" on the Atar 9K-50, Avon RB.146 Mk.302, J57-P-21, J75-P-17 and J79-GE-17.

I first thought it had to do with RealFuels or RealPlume so did a post there, but after removing those i still get it. They work fine, but with no plume it's kind of a big immersion breaker. Is this a known issue or is it just me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czez443sxw29qbi/KSP.log?dl=0 - Log

13 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Hello, i have some issues with some Jets not having Plume. Im getting a error: can't find animation named "HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan" on the Atar 9K-50, Avon RB.146 Mk.302, J57-P-21, J75-P-17 and J79-GE-17.

I first thought it had to do with RealFuels or RealPlume so did a post there, but after removing those i still get it. They work fine, but with no plume it's kind of a big immersion breaker. Is this a known issue or is it just me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czez443sxw29qbi/KSP.log?dl=0 - Log

Could you post your ModuleManager.ConfigCache as well?  I see a bunch of lines like this but am not sure what's causing them:

[ERR 15:48:00.343] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Could you post your ModuleManager.ConfigCache as well?  I see a bunch of lines like this but am not sure what's causing them:

[ERR 15:48:00.343] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

Hey, thanks for the quick response. Sure thing - https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7ozt7sgmtaxkkw/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

10 minutes ago, Cratzz said:

Hey, thanks for the quick response. Sure thing - https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7ozt7sgmtaxkkw/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

Okay hmm, nothing is obviously wrong, and I see effects on those engines (without RP).  Are you sure that even at 100% throttle, with the afterburner engaged (e.g. on the J75), you see no effects?  And not smoke either?  If so, could you try again without RealPlume and then post those two files again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.