blowfish

[1.4.3] Advanced Jet Engine v2.11.4 (May 19) - helicopter advances

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Why jet engines aren't tweak-scalable?

Because this mod changes the cfgs of engines, including their name, so tweakscale cannot recognize it because it simpily doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Why jet engines aren't tweak-scalable?

 

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Because this mod changes the cfgs of engines, including their name, so tweakscale cannot recognize it because it simpily doesn't exist anymore.

It actually does disable Tweakscale on all AJE engines.  I can't say why camlost originally decided to not support tweaksacle, but it definitely sounds like a weird thing to do to real engines.  For instance, does mass scale with (scale^2) (keeping TWR constant) or (scale^3) keeping density constant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blowfish said:

 

It actually does disable Tweakscale on all AJE engines.  I can't say why camlost originally decided to not support tweaksacle, but it definitely sounds like a weird thing to do to real engines.  For instance, does mass scale with (scale^2) (keeping TWR constant) or (scale^3) keeping density constant?

Somewhere in between I guess.

All other engines are tweakscalable, even KSPI Extended tweakscales its advanced fusion/fission powered engines.

Edited by raxo2222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03.09.2017 at 0:25 AM, Kitspace said:

Is it just me or is the GEnx grossly oversized as it is at the moment?

Its diameter is about 5 meters and its intake area as stated in its description is almost double that of CF6. As far as I know in real life the diameter is supposed to be only 2.7 meters.

Also are there any configs or mod part packs that would add the really big ones like the GE90? What about the non afterburning versions of the old ones that are in there currently or maybe the JT3? I think generally it would be helpful to know what particular engines the supported mod packs add...

Can anyone please check the config for GEnx?

I mean the model from the B9 pack.

I can try and do the tweak for it but I am still unsure if the issue is in the mod or is it bug or some kind of incorrect installation issue on my side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kitspace said:

Can anyone please check the config for GEnx?

I mean the model from the B9 pack.

I can try and do the tweak for it but I am still unsure if the issue is in the mod or is it bug or some kind of incorrect installation issue on my side.

Add an issue at Github so I don't forget and I'll take a look when I have time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to produce configs for Airplane Plus mods Rotor engines, but can't seem to get anywhere with them. They use FSEngineBladed, so I'm deleting that module in a patch and adding in a ModuleEnginesAJERotor with the desired settings. I can't seem to get the thrust to align though. Originally I used the same thrust transform as the FS module, but the thrust vector in the editor is pointed toward the rear of the craft, and thrust is only going forward in game. I tried using another transform that's in the .mu, which shows aligned correctly in the editor. In game though using that transform no thrust is provided to the craft, though more than enough is reported as being generated in the right-click. Instead, parts attached to the engine quickly heat up to exploding.

I'm at a little bit of a loss. Is this something to do with an incompatibility between firespitter and AJE? Am I not creating the config correctly? Is there any examples I can look at?

 

@PART[bellprop]:FOR[AJE]
{
	@title = Rolls Royce 
	@manufacturer = Rolls Royce
	@description = 
	@mass = 0.265 //Engine = 114kg, Rotor Guesstimate = ~150kg

	//%CoMOffset = 0, 0, -1
	//%rescaleFactor=0.5

	!MODULE[FSpropellerAtmosphericNerf]{}
	!MODULE[FSengineBladed]{}
	
	MODULE
	{
		thrustVectorTransformName = baseReference
		heatProduction = 0
		
		ignitionThreshold = 0.1
		minThrust = 0
		maxThrust = 45

		name = ModuleEnginesAJERotor
		IspMultiplier = 1
		useOxygen = true
		rpm = 310		//I think this is rotor speed, and this is my best guess for an average.
		r = 6			//Gear ratio? Something else?
		weight = 1500		//Max take-off weight?
		power = 650		//Horse power presumably
		BSFC = 8.47e-8		//0.468 kg/kW-h.
		
		useEngineResponseTime = False

		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Kerosene
			ratio = 1
			DrawGauge = True
			
			resourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
		}
	}
	
	!MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleReactionWheel
		
		PitchTorque = 10
		YawTorque = 10
		RollTorque = 5
	}
}

Also: Could I request removing FAR as a requirement in ckan? I'd like to install via ckan as it makes keeping up to date easier, but I use my own custom atmosphere settings over FAR.

Edited by Citizen247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engines don't have gizmo? Is that the word?? I mean they don't help rotate anymore when installing this, right? any tutorials on the mod? or review?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My airplane isn't using the intake air and my engines don't have airflow... But they have air intakes and I tested it with the stock ones too. Here is an image that describes it best:

0KIztkl.png

I tries using different engines and different cockpits and it still dosn't recognize it. The thing  is I have other planes that work, this just happened to not work... What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: OK this is getting stranger. Now I went back to other plane that worked (even without having closed the game yet, I was just playing with it recently) and suddenly air intakes aren't being "used" anymore! What happened??? I didn't even closed the game and I was playing with my plane just now... Suddenly I went back to the SH and it doesn't work anymore???

LOG: http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_13

Edited by Agustin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Agustin Did you try reinstalling AJE?

And showing us the output log won't help. You need to show us the KSP.log file, which is located directly in your ksp folder. Also, could you try to use something like dropbox? The site you are using to post the file is showing me not so family friendly ads on the side :P

Also, the KSP.log file is actually not hard to understand, so did you read it over yourself? If you see something like

[ERR] //something that will show what the issue may be

or

[WRN] //I don't know entirely about this, but I think it tells you stuff like compatbility issues or something. However, if you see it, don't worry too much, unless you think it may be something big.

What version of ksp are you on?

Lots of questions that need answers so we can help you.

Edited by Murican_Jeb
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using 1.3 and installed the right version ofAJE and everything. I look closely when installing mods that they are the right version. ANd look for bugfixes and every information that may be in each mod's forums. It is not like I am a complete noob. I don't read output logs however and I don't understand a bit of programmins or anything. But I try to follow the steps right.

Also, when I started the game, a Windows window's crash saying KSP stopped working appeared, and the game started anyway. But two error folders were created on the KSP root directory, and here are these archives. May be helpful since it's the first time it happened. I recently installed KK, AJE though I already was playing with all these mods installed and everythings was working fine. Even without closing the game it started to behave like this. Every ship I could use, has the same problem now. So, I restarted the game and it hasn't been fixed either...

Here are the error folders created:
http://www.filedropper.com/errorlogs_1

EDIT: I have also the MM patches that are created on gamedata folder. Are these the ones you asked me for? http://www.filedropper.com/mmpatches
And here is my KSP.log file:

EDIT LINK https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3h8pmwg4fvvz3x/KSP.log?dl=0&m=

 

Edited by Agustin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Agustin said:

I am using 1.3 and installed the right version ofAJE and everything. I look closely when installing mods that they are the right version. ANd look for bugfixes and every information that may be in each mod's forums. It is not like I am a complete noob. I don't read output logs however and I don't understand a bit of programmins or anything. But I try to follow the steps right.

Also, when I started the game, a Windows window's crash saying KSP stopped working appeared, and the game started anyway. But two error folders were created on the KSP root directory, and here are these archives. May be helpful since it's the first time it happened. I recently installed KK, AJE though I already was playing with all these mods installed and everythings was working fine. Even without closing the game it started to behave like this. Every ship I could use, has the same problem now. So, I restarted the game and it hasn't been fixed either...

Here are the error folders created:
http://www.filedropper.com/errorlogs_1

EDIT: I have also the MM patches that are created on gamedata folder. Are these the ones you asked me for? http://www.filedropper.com/mmpatches
And here is my KSP.log file:

EDIT LINK https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3h8pmwg4fvvz3x/KSP.log?dl=0&m=

 

Hmm, I'm not convinced that any of the issues here have to do with AJE ... was there something in particular that made you think that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that all jet engines in AJE 2.9 (tested with both stock AJE engines and the Airplane Plus patch so far) have extremely high idle thrusts, around 25% of max static thrust on average. Is this intended? It's quite problematic when landing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 12:34 AM, blowfish said:

 

It actually does disable Tweakscale on all AJE engines.  I can't say why camlost originally decided to not support tweaksacle, but it definitely sounds like a weird thing to do to real engines.  For instance, does mass scale with (scale^2) (keeping TWR constant) or (scale^3) keeping density constant?

Hey Blowfish, are you considering maybe enabling Tweakscale to work with AJE engines? I understand the dilemma, but in the end of the day it's a game and we are constantly making bigger/smaller aircrafts, your mod is a must but the engines never match the aircraft unless we never rescale anything airplane-wise =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JeeF said:

Hey Blowfish, are you considering maybe enabling Tweakscale to work with AJE engines? I understand the dilemma, but in the end of the day it's a game and we are constantly making bigger/smaller aircrafts, your mod is a must but the engines never match the aircraft unless we never rescale anything airplane-wise =/

I'm not opposed to it, but I also don't have the time to go through and make sure all the engines are actually playing nice with Tweakscale.  If someone wants to make any necessary fixes and submit a pull request, I will include it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An idea would be to make an alternate version of AJE that is compatible with TS, put in github under a test branch instead of an official release, and I'm sure there are PLENTY of community members that would love to test the engines and report back issues, me being one of them. Afterwards, when it's fully tested, if you want you can include into the official release.

Speaking of official release, I'm putting back a new install for 1.3.1 and AJE is the only one I have left that is not yet released for 1.3.1. I was reading a couple of pages back, couldn't find an answer, but I'm assuming AJE current official release works fine with KSP's current version?

Edited by JeeF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought as much, but wanted to confirm. TY :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have problem with my engine both here and in air plane plus

though the jet engines have full thrust in start but as soon as i move it drops fast and also ISP what is the reason Screenshot_6.png

 

and also in air plane plus the engine though not jet engine always have less thrust and they also loss thrust fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ninadragonborn Thrust will drop off a bit compared to standstill at low speed, and Isp will drop steadily with speed, that's just how jet engines work (I'm less sure about propeller engines).  Just to be sure, are you using FAR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blowfish said:

@Ninadragonborn Thrust will drop off a bit compared to standstill at low speed, and Isp will drop steadily with speed, that's just how jet engines work (I'm less sure about propeller engines).  Just to be sure, are you using FAR?

no because it makes my elevon inverted i am playing in RSS and as you can see i have 2 engine and only 7500 kg mass and my plane can barely reach above speed of 150 m/s

so even with 7500 kg and two 41KN thrust engine i can hardly reach 160 m/s so i am not sure its realistic right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

no because it makes my elevon inverted i am playing in RSS and as you can see i have 2 engine and only 7500 kg mass and my plane can barely reach above speed of 150 m/s

so even with 7500 kg and two 41KN thrust engine i can hardly reach 160 m/s so i am not sure its realistic right ?

Well then, I think the fundamental problem is that you more or less need FAR to use AJE.  The stock atmosphere is a fair bit draggier than FAR's.  The stock engines compensate for this by growing thrust very quickly with speed, but AJE doesn't have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJE v2.10.0 for KSP 1.3.1

  • Recompile for KSP 1.3.1
  • Add initial Chinese localization support
  • Fix paths for some Firespitter models
  • Add intake support for Aviation Cockpits

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blowfish said:

AJE v2.10.0 for KSP 1.3.1

  • Recompile for KSP 1.3.1
  • Add initial Chinese localization support
  • Fix paths for some Firespitter models
  • Add intake support for Aviation Cockpits

 

 

Late Christmas present? :) Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now