[1.8-1.11] Advanced Jet Engine v2.17.0 (June 26)

blowfish

6 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

thanks a lot :D

but the problem is 

i can get the

FAR 

working 

i am playing in RSS 

i have done all in the 

FAR page 

add the version that was posted that works on 1.4 

but its not working 

so i can't use this 

Ok, just to make sure you followed ExtremeTrader's instructions here? But then i guess it's for 1.4.5 only.

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

for every AJE jet engine I get the following error in KSP.log

[LOG 11:12:17.479] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/miniJet/SmallJetEngine/miniJetEngine'
[ERR 11:12:17.486] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleEnginesAJEJet'

However everything looks just fine in Modulemanager.ConfigCache. Can anyone take a look and hopefully figure out what is the problem?

ModuleManager.ConfigCache KSP.log

EDIT: solved. I noticed in KSP.log that AJE still depends on 3.6.1 version of Solver Engines, while I had it updated to the latest 3.7.0. After downgrading to 3.6.1 AJE started to work properly. KSP.log I attached shows previous version of AJE installed, as I was trying different versions at the time of posting and didn't notice it's the log from that trail. However the latest 2.12.0 version of AJE depends on 3.6.1 version of Solver Engines too and that's the working combo I use now. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby
Problem solved

8 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Hi, 

for every AJE jet engine I get the following error in KSP.log

However everything looks just fine in Modulemanager.ConfigCache. Can anyone take a look and hopefully figure out what is the problem?

ModuleManager.ConfigCache KSP.log

EDIT: solved. I noticed in KSP.log that AJE still depends on 3.6.1 version of Solver Engines, while I had it updated to the latest 3.7.0. After downgrading to 3.6.1 AJE started to work properly. KSP.log I attached shows previous version of AJE installed, as I was trying different versions at the time of posting and didn't notice it's the log from that trail. However the latest 2.12.0 version of AJE depends on 3.6.1 version of Solver Engines too and that's the working combo I use now. 

That's strange.  RealFuels requires SolverEngines 3.3.0, AJE requires SolverEngines 3.6.1, and you have 3.7.0 installed, and yet RF loads fine but AJE refuses.  I'll look into this, could be an issue with KSP's version checking.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Thank you! I've been scratching my head for two days now why my stx engines didn't work. Replacing Solver Engines with the 3.6.1 fixed it.

Not sure if it's really the problem because I don't exactly know how ckan works, but it seems ckan dl won't work because it listed FAR as the dependency, which is 1.3.9 max ver. However, FAR continued, which is 1.5.9 max ver is listed on ckan. Can you edit metadata so it is linked to new one? Thanks

Edited by ssd21345

4 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

Not sure if it's really the problem because I don't exactly know how ckan works, but it seems ckan dl won't work because it listed FAR as the dependency, which is 1.3.9 max ver. However, FAR continued, which is 1.5.9 max ver is listed on ckan. Can you edit metadata so it is linked to new one? Thanks

Should be done once this is merged: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6852

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lk00david said:

Hello, could anyone please explain the following variables.

Spoiler

Area = 
        Mdes = 
        Tdes = 
        eta_n = 
        FHV = 

Thanks and Cheers :)

Area - area of engine at the intake, in m^3 - affects overall thrust scaling of the engine and determines how much intake you need
Mdes - design mach number, i.e. the point at which the compressor pressure ratio (CPR) is specified
Tdes - as above but ambient air temperature at that flight condition (in kelvins)
eta_n - efficiency of the nozzle
FHV - heat energy extracted by burning fuel, in joules per kilogram

Ok blowfish... I have the following config for a mach 9.5 scramjet

@name = aje_scramjet
    @title = #LOC_aje_part_aje_ramjet_title // CR2 Ramjet
    @manufacturer = Generic
    @mass = 0.8
    %CoMOffset = 0, 2.0, 0
    @description = #LOC_aje_part_aje_ramjet_description
    !MODEL,1:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp] {} // FIXME - it should have internals, but a compressor looks wrong.

!MODULE[ModuleGimbal] {}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesAJERamjet
        @maxThrust = 1500
        @useEngineResponseTime = False

Area = 0.9
        Mdes = 9.5
        Tdes = 220
        eta_n = 0.9
        FHV = 95000000
        thrustUpperLimit = 1500
    }

My problem is... It blows up upon loading. What should I fix?

Thanks for your time man!

1 hour ago, lk00david said:

might this work? 

https://www.eucass.eu/doi/EUCASS2017-031.pdf

also, I was just trying to make a ramjet that would provide more thrust and preform at that altitude/speed. I would likely add test-flight/engine failure configs to compensate for combustion instability

That might help, thanks!  It could take some time to get workable information out of it though.  And now it occurs to me, probably a lot of the assumptions made about intakes are no longer valid in a scramjet.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, blowfish said:

That might help, thanks!  It could take some time to get workable information out of it though.  And now it occurs to me, probably a lot of the assumptions made about intakes are no longer valid in a scramjet.

glad to help, if it does work could you get a patch up for 1.3.1... kinda want it in my rp-1:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a strange issue where airplane engines are not showing up as a stageable / activatable part, as shown here: https://imgur.com/a/gFIFy0j

Other engines appear and act normally.

I was trying to use this mod as part of a 1.3.1 RP-1 install via CKAN, which is where I first noticed the issue. I also tried again with a clean 1.3.1 install with just AJE and its CKAN dependencies and I'm getting the same issue. This is what is shown in the image.

Is there something else I need to be doing in-game to "activate" airbreathing engines, or is there an issue with my install?

Sorry if I'm missing something, but  I was not able to find an overview / guide here or on github. 

Thanks,

13 hours ago, BruceTheCat said:

I'm getting a strange issue where airplane engines are not showing up as a stageable / activatable part, as shown here: https://imgur.com/a/gFIFy0j

I was trying to use this mod as part of a 1.3.1 RP-1 install via CKAN, which is where I first noticed the issue. I also tried again with a clean 1.3.1 install with just AJE and its CKAN dependencies and I'm getting the same issue. This is what is shown in the image.

Is there something else I need to be doing in-game to "activate" airbreathing engines, or is there an issue with my install?

Sorry if I'm missing something, but  I was not able to find an overview / guide here or on github. 

Thanks,

Seems like something's not activating properly, I'd need to see KSP's log to figure out what.

On 12/25/2018 at 8:57 PM, blowfish said:

not showing up as a stageable / activatable part, as shown here: https://imgur.com/a/gFIFy0j

fyi...AJE Extended Configs is working on an issue that appears to have some similar symptoms that I encountered with turbofans in 1.4.5 with AJE & AJEEX configs for AirplanePlus turbofans...details in this issue report at git.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:00 AM, dreadway2 said:

Is there a problem with the J85 engine now? How can I fix it? 

@dreadway2 especially if you are using the AJEEX configs with AJE, the J85 & related are not currently working see the git issue report above for details.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:25 AM, BruceTheCat said:

Thanks,

I had the same problem, it was a version issue, the AJE version that CKAN installs is for a later KSP version, get hold of AJE for 1.3.1 put that in gamedata folder instead and it should fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.