Mod list?

There's no single authoritative list; there are hundreds of mods out there, they're changing all the time, and not every mod is listed on every site.

The two main sources that most KSPers use are:

• CurseForge (just follow the link from the game)
  • SpaceDock

You can also browse the Add-on Releases forum here, though that's better suited for "what's new" and "what are folks talking about recently" rather than "what are all the mods available out there."

http://spacedock.info/api/browse?count=30&orderby=updated&order=desc&page=1

^--- working for now (subject to change)

You can flip trough pages (you relay DONT want to request more than 30 mods at once)

Yu can also search spacedock by "ver:xxx" to filter versions

Disclamer: dont use as datasource in apps, websites or other public services without asking me first.
Dont redistrubute the files without checking if the individual licenses allow it.
Mass downloads may trigger the DOS protection.

Edited by VITAS

46 minutes ago, NotBritish said:

Something I forgot to mention, I would like a mod list that shows compatible mods, I'm tired of my game crashing

you need CKAN:

• hit this link: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases
  • download the latest version & move the downloaded file into your KSP folder (i.e. program files\kerbal space program\)
  • open CKAN
  • browse by compatible mods
  • select from the list & download/install when ready

you are welcome

Edited by hypervelocity

16 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

I have a mod! It's called Vanilla, and it comes with every install of KSP. That's my only mod because my computer won't support it.

Sorry to hear that.

3 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

you need CKAN:you are welcome

CKAN is great, but if @NotBritish doesn't know enough about mods to keep them working together himself then it could make things worse if something is wrong, like an error in the metadata for a CKAN listing. It's a tool but you need to understand what's going on behind it. My two cents.

EDIT: Also how often do mods make the game crash? I very rarely see that happen. For all its issues, KSP is very robust when it comes to mod errors; most (>99%) of crashes are bugs in the stock game. Usually the result is simply that the mod doesn't work, rather than the game crashing. What few crashes do occur as a result of mods are usually quickly discovered and (at minimum) listed in the Known Issues of a mod's OP. If you're getting crashes that you think are the result of mods (which I find unlikely given the incredibly unstable state KSP is in these days) then I'd be curious to know what you're running.

Edited by CobaltWolf

12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sorry to hear that.

CKAN is great, but if @NotBritish doesn't know enough about mods to keep them working together himself then it could make things worse if something is wrong, like an error in the metadata for a CKAN listing. It's a tool but you need to understand what's going on behind it. My two cents.

good input! however I found that CKAN is most useful for new users as it tracks mod's dependencies & conflicts. I would strongly advice all new players to get acquainted with mods via CKAN :D

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Also how often do mods make the game crash? I very rarely see that happen. For all its issues, KSP is very robust when it comes to mod errors; most (>99%) of crashes are bugs in the stock game. Usually the result is simply that the mod doesn't work, rather than the game crashing. What few crashes do occur as a result of mods are usually quickly discovered and (at minimum) listed in the Known Issues of a mod's OP. If you're getting crashes that you think are the result of mods (which I find unlikely given the incredibly unstable state KSP is in these days) then I'd be curious to know what you're running.

If you've got a 32-bit 4GB RAM HP ProBook without a GPU, all the time. Even stock!

33 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

good input! however I found that CKAN is most useful for new users as it tracks mod's dependencies & conflicts. I would strongly advice all new players to get acquainted with mods via CKAN :D

Definitely! It's a useful tool, it's just bad to rely on it - or rather, not know what to do if something goes wrong with it. Especially because a lot of CKAN issues are fixed by just installing the mod manually, or waiting for them to update the metadata.

31 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

If you've got a 32-bit 4GB RAM HP ProBook without a GPU, all the time. Even stock!

Alright. I don't think that's a problem with mods then..?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.