[1.8.x] NavBallAdjustor v1.9.2 : Adjust markers scale, colors, priorities, behavior

Dizor

I am getting a strange glitch. It looks like NavBallAdjustor has a conflict with Trajectories mod.

Phantom navball markers appear in space when vessel in sub-orbital trajectory and Trajectories mod and Ghost Markers feature enabled simultaneously:

bug.png

When i disable Trajectories mod - the phantom space markers disappear.

When i disable Ghost Markers in my NavBallAdjustor - the red line of predicted trajectory appears.

Will contact @Youen (author of Trajectories mod) to find the conflict solution.

• 1 month later...

this is slightly incompatible with Career mode. Tested on KSP v1.2.2 with NavBallAdjustor v1.6 - no other mods installed

Repro steps:

1. create career game w/default options
  2. select the capsule from the VAB and head to the launch pad
  3. open the settings window
  4. nullref spam ensues

Since the mod doesn't store configs in the SFS file, I worked around this by using a Sandbox save to properly open the settings window and configure things as I wanted (could have also done the NavBallAdjustor.cfg file)

However there's a second issue as well I stumbled upon. If you enable Ghost Markers and go back to the Career game and jump to the capsule you left on the pad, more nullref spam will happen. The other settings I tried (mouse scare in map & oversized V indicator) didn't cause any problems when I went back to Career mode

Edited by Drew Kerman

39 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

this is slightly incompatible with Career mode. Tested on KSP v1.2.2 with NavBallAdjustor v1.6 - no other mods installed

Hello,

I tried this yesterday and seen I was wondering why I had a blank option panel in my career save. (I do not play the other modes.) But I did not have time to look closer to the problem (helped by the fact, I am in the very beginning of my new career and do not have all options researched.)

I have a heavy modded 1.2.2 game (75+ mods (gameplay, parts, visual enhancements, data display enhancement...))

Anyway thanks for the workaround.

See you,

Vive_moi

Edited by Vive_moi

On 2/7/2017 at 1:22 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Repro steps:

1. create career game w/default options
  2. select the capsule from the VAB and head to the launch pad
  3. open the settings window
  4. nullref spam ensues

Since the mod doesn't store configs in the SFS file, I worked around this by using a Sandbox save to properly open the settings window and configure things as I wanted (could have also done the NavBallAdjustor.cfg file)

However there's a second issue as well I stumbled upon. If you enable Ghost Markers and go back to the Career game and jump to the capsule you left on the pad, more nullref spam will happen. The other settings I tried (mouse scare in map & oversized V indicator) didn't cause any problems when I went back to Career mode

Thanks a lot for the report. Will check and fix.

1 hour ago, Skalou said:

hi @Dizor

This mod also adds some markers on the navball and don't conflict with trajectories, maybe it can help you? :/

Hi @Skalou

Thank you for trying to help. But the problem has nothing to do with new markers. NavBallAdjustor does not add new ghost markers, it just does not allow to disappear existing non-ghost markers when they go behind the navball. I have investigated Trajectories source code and I can't find a "conflicting" part of the code. I believe @Youen will see more clear picture when he gets a little free time for this.

Edited by Dizor

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to assign a priority to the different markers with this mod? The navball can get very busy when I'm chasing a target for rendezvous. Often I have the target marker, maneuver marker, and a direction marker fighting each other under the direction cursor, all in slightly different places, hiding each other at the worst possible moments.

• 3 months later...
On 01.03.2017 at 4:25 PM, snotmaster said:

Is it possible to assign a priority to the different markers with this mod? The navball can get very busy when I'm chasing a target for rendezvous. Often I have the target marker, maneuver marker, and a direction marker fighting each other under the direction cursor, all in slightly different places, hiding each other at the worst possible moments.

Yes. I going to add this to the next update.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-06-11 at 3:33 PM, Dizor said:

Mod is updated to v1.8.

1. Updated for KSP 1.3.
2. Added markers overlapping priorities feature.

First off, thanks for releasing this mod, was just what I was looking for. :D

I've noticed that, in setting the marker overlap priorities, there doesn't seem to be an entry for "maneuver"?  Or is it just hardcoded to be always the highest priority (which is how I would've set it anyway...)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 6:46 AM, qeveren said:

First off, thanks for releasing this mod, was just what I was looking for. :D

I've noticed that, in setting the marker overlap priorities, there doesn't seem to be an entry for "maneuver"?  Or is it just hardcoded to be always the highest priority (which is how I would've set it anyway...)?

Oh, sorry for confusion, the "Maneuver" marker is called "Burn" here.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just replying here in Aug 2022. Installed with CKAN on KSP v1.12.3.3173. This still seems to work perfectly at first glance. I would turn off the navball ghosts in the stock options, but the mod seems to override them regardless.

Edited by Jikahn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.