Solar System Supreme (SSS)

Just now, styckx said:

This thread seems more like begging for someone to do all the work and planning for a mod that is nothing more than a wild idea in your head at this point.. Not a mod you have any plans of actually making yourself. This isn't how development works.

@styckx

*Ahem* It's his/her's first mod

She/he doesn't has a great computer as the rest of you, you...

users.

Jeez.

Just now, Fredbear12returns said:

XD

Back to seriousness, though.

So how do you Pm someone?

Where am I going to Pm you at?

Click the envelope in the top right corner. In the corner of that menu, you will find "Compose New". Click on it, and send it to the user you want to send it to. Then title it and write the text in the message box, and finally send it. The recipient can reply to the mail afterward.

A few little suggestions, mostly that very irregularly shaped planets/moons/asteroids will be hard to make, so try to keep your plans at least vaguely spherical. Also, even though you don't have a great computer like you've said, you could totally make any of your planned gas giants right now! All you really need is to draw up a texture for them and you're practically done.

Ideally you want a 4096x2048 texture that loops around on the left and right, you you want the top and bottom to be more or less the same horizontally so that it fits nicely onto a sphere. Here's a texture I made as an example:

Spoiler

DUF2hOd.png

Best of luck!

6 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

A few little suggestions, mostly that very irregularly shaped planets/moons/asteroids will be hard to make, so try to keep your plans at least vaguely spherical. Also, even though you don't have a great computer like you've said, you could totally make any of your planned gas giants right now! All you really need is to draw up a texture for them and you're practically done.

Ideally you want a 4096x2048 texture that loops around on the left and right, you you want the top and bottom to be more or less the same horizontally so that it fits nicely onto a sphere. Here's a texture I made as an example:

Hide contents

DUF2hOd.png

Best of luck!

Oh... thanks.

7 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

Hide contents

DUF2hOd.png

Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Xenonclave said:

I mean you could still do most of them but their shapes would be slightly less exaggerated. 

I might just use KittopaTech for the rocky planets.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what?

I'm just adding only a couple of the bodies, and it will be compatible with Xen's Planet Collection, RevSS, and IPM/OPM.

For starters, Onor and Yuppo, a binary NKO in a little more than a resonance with Kerbin, kinda unstable even. Principia's installation will have its orbit slowly change until it makes a close Kerbin encounter. Onor would be slightly smaller than Hale and Yuppo will be a tenth of Onor's size, and a hundredth of its mass. Thus, you will be able to easily land on Yuppo and Onor using an EVA pack, or simply even RCS.

Pike and Dike will be moons of Duna, semi-analogous to Phobos and Deimos, respectively. Pike will orbit within Ike's orbit, and if XPC is installed, will be in a location just outside the rings. Dike will orbit beyond Ike, often subject to transits. Pike will be one of the brightest moons in the game, while Dike would be one of the darkest. Pike's size would be a bit larger than Hale and Dike's a little smaller.

Usta would be a hybrid Vesta-Pallas analog; a highly-inclined asteroid that will require Jool's gravity to get to because of the tilt. It will be an interesting asteroid with craters up to wazoo, including a giant crater that practically covers half the planet. It would be 1/2 the size of Dres but 2/3 the mass, and have a bluish color scheme.

Klip would be the largest moon of Jool, between the sizes of Duna and revamped Tylo. However, it still wouldn't be the most massive, only being a little more massive than Vall. It looks similar to the starfield in the game, thus explaining why its discovery was so late; they thought it was a hole in Jool and only was discovered as a moon after it made a rare eclipse of Tylo.

Pocc is going to be the innermost moon of Neidon, a Proteus analog; it would possibly be the most common destination of Neidon's moons considering that it's like a break from the hardness of Thatmo and Nissee. Its size would be larger than that of Nissee, but no larger than Bop.

Naal orbits in a 7:12 resonance with Neidon, and was in fact an early name for the planet before it was officially named. It looks like an upsized, more extreme Ovok, and rotates with a period of 12 minutes, the fastest of any body in the game, stretching it into a triaxial ellipsoid. It has relatively few craters considering its huge rotation speed, and the ones that actually did impact it are smeared across the body. Its smallest radius would be that of Bop, mean of Khato, and largest of Mun.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 5:46 PM, Interplanet Janet said:

...I've come up with the name of Error:

...I actually haven't.

Maybe give me some suggestions?

If you really want to keep the same names for Error and Bug, I suppose that you could alter the spelling. Examples:

Error: Erar, Ehrar, Eirrar, Erahrr

Bug: Bhug, Bugh, Buhg

I would not, however, recommend giving them the coloration from your concept drawing; I think that would be a bit excessive and corny. Maybe make the similarity more subtle. For example, you could have one with very pale yellow terrain and set of two large craters that resemble an exclamation mark.

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.