[1.3.0] Community Database of Module Manager Patches for Stock KSP

Alshain

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Of course.  Or even a webpage....

It would be hard to do with a webpage, I mean this forum is a webpage.  I thought you were just talking about a tool to create patch config files or remove them with a user interface.  Maybe I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

Just now, Alshain said:

It would be hard to do with a webpage, I mean this forum is a webpage.  I thought you were just talking about a tool to create patch config files or remove them with a user interface.  Maybe I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

Tool is what I meant, the webpage could be a tool which would create a downloadable cfg file.

Either way, just curious, not planning on doing anything with this right now

Making it as a mod would allow it to be installed via CKAN.  A standalone would require something different.

Is there a simple way to change the impact tolerance of all engines with a single patch? Like, anything with ModuleEngine (I have no idea if there is such a thing), override impact tolerance to 0.1m/s

I'm not going for hardcore realism, but this is one area where stock KSP encourages you to make ships that don't look like real life.  It's too easy to just skip landing legs and land on the engine bells.

39 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Is there a simple way to change the impact tolerance of all engines with a single patch? Like, anything with ModuleEngine (I have no idea if there is such a thing), override impact tolerance to 0.1m/s

I'm not going for hardcore realism, but this is one area where stock KSP encourages you to make ships that don't look like real life.  It's too easy to just skip landing legs and land on the engine bells.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL{
    @crashTolerance = 0.1
}

I've update the thread to add all the recent submissions.  @slubman I split one of your patches into two to allow users to choose what changes they want.  It's best to keep them granular when possible.

@Enceos' attachment node patch has been updated so make sure to get a new copy of that.

All the structural scaling patches have been modified to add the proper bulkhead cross section (for filtering in the editor).  So update those in your files as well.

Since the thread is getting difficult to update, I have removed the obsolete patches and external patches sections.  As much as I'd like to keep them, since we don't have proper BBCode support, this make it easier on me to update.  I also removed the minimum version numbers because I was seeing cases where people believed they were the maximum versions (i.e. incompatible with the current version).  As far as I know, all patches in the database are compatible with 1.3.0, if you find otherwise please let me know.

Edited by Alshain

@Alshain I've noticed that you have a modlet pluggin for cabin light electric charge consumption, and also a MM patch here for the same thing. What are the pros/cons of each implementation (how do I decide which to use)?

1 minute ago, Errol said:

@Alshain I've noticed that you have a modlet pluggin for cabin light electric charge consumption, and also a MM patch here for the same thing. What are the pros/cons of each implementation (how do I decide which to use)?

The first parts to support lights in that manner were the PorkJet Spaceplane+ parts.  These parts have animations for the lights built into the model and thus they use a module called ModuleAnimateGeneric to switch them.  Meanwhile ModuleLight (used by the placeable lights) does the same thing as ModuleAnimateGeneric but also adds the ability to consume a resource.  The patch simply switches the Module over to ModuleLight, but as a side effect also adds color sliders in the editor that have no effect at all.

Later, Squad added the capability to existing parts, but in order to avoid re-doing the models, they added a module that simply alters the visible color of an area.   ModuleColorChanger does not support a resource consumption function that I have found nor does it have an analogue that does so.  Therefore the patch in this thread does not work on the older command pods, only the cockpits.

The ElectricLights mod explicitly adds resource consumption to both ModuleColorChanger and ModuleAnaimateGeneric, allowing command pods to consume electricity and removing those pointless color sliders from cockpits.  Maybe I'm biased, but I recommend the mod.

@Alshain I want to contribute these part .cfgs:

+PART[airbrake1]
{
    @name = miniairbrake1
    @rescaleFactor = 0.5
    @TechRequired = stability
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 250
    @title = A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S (M.I.N.I)
    @description = After several complaints from our brave pilots that the standard A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S were too powerful for smaller craft, the engineers at C7 Aerospace came up with a simple solution. A smaller airbrake.
    @mass = 0.0125
    @MODULE[ModuleAeroSurface]
    {
        @deflectionLiftCoeff = 0.1
        @ctrlSurfaceArea = 0.25
    }
}

+PART[airbrake1]
{
    @name = largeairbrake1
    @rescaleFactor = 1.5
    @TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics
    @entryCost = 15000
    @cost = 1000
    @title = A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S (L.A.R.G.E)
    @description = After several complaints from our brave pilots that the standard A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S were too wimpy for larger craft, the engineers at C7 Aerospace came up with a simple solution. A larger airbrake.
    @mass = 0.1
    @MODULE[ModuleAeroSurface]
    {
        @deflectionLiftCoeff = 0.85
        @ctrlSurfaceArea = 2.25
    }
}

Unfortunately I do not remember who the original author is, and cannot find the thread that I originally took these from. I updated some syntax for newer versions of MM, and still use these. 

Edited by Errol
ping

• 3 weeks later...

I'm struggling to change the amount of starting ablator in each heatshield to 20% of the max. 

I can see it needs changing here:

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Ablator
        amount = 50
        maxAmount = 50
    }

But I don't want to have to change a different value in each heatshield's cfg but rather just apply a fraction to each.

Help???

1 minute ago, Foxster said:

I'm struggling to change the amount of starting ablator in each heatshield to 20% of the max. 

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Ablator
        amount = 50
        maxAmount = 50
    }

But I don't want to have to change a different value in each heatshield's cfg but rather just apply a fraction to each.

Help???

You can use C# style math operators in Module Manager.

amount *= 1.5

means:

amount = amount * 1.5

1 minute ago, Foxster said:

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Ablator
        amount = 50
        maxAmount = 50
    }

Help???

@amount *= .2 will multiply the amount by 20%

It's ages since I've messed with this stuff...I've tried this and no change is happening. What am I doing wrong?...

// Set starting ablator to 20% of max for heatshields
// Author: Foxster
@PART[HeatShield0|HeatShield1|HeatShield2|HeatShield3]:FINAL
{
    @amount *= 0.2
}

3 hours ago, Alshain said:

@Foxster Try this.

// Set starting ablator to 20% of max for heatshields
// Author: Foxster
@PART[HeatShield*]:FINAL
{
	@RESOURCE[Ablator]
	{
    	@amount *= 0.2
	}
}

Ah - many thanks!

Sorry I was a while thanking you, was busy drinking beer. 

Is it possible to add fuel flow to action groups? So I can press an action group and toggle a specific fuel flow for any given part? Without having any knowledge of this process what so ever, it does seem like this is the right place to ask.

Just now, NomenNescio said:

Is it possible to add fuel flow to action groups? So I can press an action group and toggle a specific fuel flow for any given part? Without having any knowledge of this process what so ever, it does seem like this is the right place to ask.

Not through a patch.  Module Manager does not have any interface for action groups that I am aware of.

2 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Dammit. I've been looking for something like that for months... Ah well. The search continues.

TAC Fuel Balancer makes fuel transfers a lot easier.

It still does not allow you to transfer fuel through action groups but open up all kinds of options. Properly set up you might not even need to transfer fuel manually again.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 hour ago, NomenNescio said:

Dammit. I've been looking for something like that for months... Ah well. The search continues.

You might try Tweakable Everything - post doesn't say if it works on 1.3 (I haven't tested myself since it conflicts with TweakScale which I do use)

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

TAC Fuel Balancer makes fuel transfers a lot easier.

It still does not allow you to transfer fuel through action groups but open up all kinds of options. Properly set up you might not even need to transfer fuel manually again.

@NomenNescio

You could also take a look at Ship Manifest, I find its UI a bit more clear and I think to remember you could define multiple "from-to" tanks.

I've been trying to add an integral decoupler to the top node of stock fairings so I can use them as interstage fairings without stacking an additional decoupler on top of each. I tried adding the code below to the stock fairings. It kind of works, but the decoupler symbol doesn't show up in my staging diagram, so something is still wrong.

Any advice?

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDecouple
        ejectionForce = 250
        explosiveNodeID = top
    }