[1.3.0] Community Database of Module Manager Patches for Stock KSP

Alshain

I'd like to contribute a patch that I'm using in my current career game: disabling stock rescue contracts.

// Disable kerbal rescue contracts, for players who prefer to hire kerbals.
// AllowKerbalRescue controls contracts where you rescue just the kerbal.
// AllowCompoundRecovery controls contracts where you must recover the derelict vessel too.
// Contracts to recover parts *without* kerbals in them are still allowed.
@Contracts
{
        @Recovery
        {
                @AllowKerbalRescue = False
                @AllowCompoundRecovery = False
        }
}

Being able to retrieve limitless kerbals from LKO for free seems cheaty, and makes it kinda pointless to ever hire any applicants from the astronaut complex.  In stock it's sort of a necessary evil since hiring gets so expensive, but MKS limits hiring costs to a reasonable level, so MKS players in particular may want to avoid rescue contracts and actually use the astronaut complex.

Maybe you would like stock landing legs to be adjustable 

Spoiler
@PART[landingLeg1]

!MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]{}
  !MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]{}
  !MODULE[ModuleWheelDeployment]{}
  !MODULE[ModuleWheelLock]{} 
  !MODULE[ModuleWheelBogey]{}
  !MODULE[ModuleWheelDamage]{}
  !EFFECTS{}
MODULE
{
 name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
 animationName = Deploy
 startEventGUIName = #autoLOC_502051 //#autoLOC_502051 = Extend Legs
 endEventGUIName = #autoLOC_502069 //#autoLOC_502069 = Retract Legs
 actionGUIName = #autoLOC_502077 //#autoLOC_502077 = Toggle Legs
 allowDeployLimit = true
 revClampDirection = false
 revClampSpeed = true
 revClampPercent = true   
}
}
@PART[landingLeg1-2]

!EFFECTS{}
MODULE
{
 animationName = newlandingleg
 allowDeployLimit = true
 revClampSpeed = true
 revClampPercent = true   
}
@PART[miniLandingLeg]

!EFFECTS{}
MODULE
{
 animationName = probeleg
 allowDeployLimit = true
 revClampSpeed = true
 revClampPercent = true   
}
}    

1 hour ago, MeCripp said:

Maybe you would like stock landing legs to be adjustable 

Hide contents
@PART[landingLeg1]

!EFFECTS{}
MODULE
{
 animationName = Deploy
 allowDeployLimit = true
 revClampSpeed = true
 revClampPercent = true   
}
}
@PART[landingLeg1-2]

!EFFECTS{}
MODULE
{
 animationName = newlandingleg
 allowDeployLimit = true
 revClampSpeed = true
 revClampPercent = true   
}
@PART[miniLandingLeg]

!EFFECTS{}
MODULE
{
 animationName = probeleg
 allowDeployLimit = true
 revClampSpeed = true
 revClampPercent = true   
}
}    

In which way does this make them adjustable? More specifically, what is being adjusted here?

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

In which way does this make them adjustable? More specifically, what is being adjusted here?

You know how you can set how far the doors open on a cargo bay parts now you can set how far you want the legs to lower

It won't change their length like the Adjustable Landing Gear mod, it just changes how far out they deploy.  I can add the patch but I'm not sure that is a bright idea as wheel colliders shouldn't be trifled with IMO.  If the wheel isn't fully deployed, it's not sitting on it's collider.

Edited by Alshain

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to adjust the default deployment parameters for parachutes, but I'm not having any success. Any suggestions?

@PART[parachuteSingle]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[ModuleParachute]
    {
        @minAirPressureToOpen = 0.2
        @clampMinAirPressure = 0.2
        @deployAltitude = 500
        @chuteMaxTemp = 750
    }
}

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

I'm trying to adjust the default deployment parameters for parachutes, but I'm not having any success. Any suggestions?

@PART[parachuteSingle]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[ModuleParachute]
    {
        @minAirPressureToOpen = 0.2
        @clampMinAirPressure = 0.2
        @deployAltitude = 500
        @chuteMaxTemp = 750
    }
}

What's the problem? That seems to affect the Mk16 Parachute exactly as I'd expect:

gZFzAXB.png

53 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

What's the problem? That seems to affect the Mk16 Parachute exactly as I'd expect:

gZFzAXB.png

Thanks for confirming my config..must be a mod conflict. :) 

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for confirming my config..must be a mod conflict. :) 

Try searching your output_log for " to Squad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk1/parachuteMk1/parachuteSingle" that will tell you all the patches that are being applied to that part.

17 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Try searching your output_log for " to Squad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk1/parachuteMk1/parachuteSingle" that will tell you all the patches that are being applied to that part.

That's an amazing troubleshooting tip! Thank you very much :D 

I never thought possible that such topic exists! Silly me! Thanks @Alshain!

I guess, I will copy the few MN patches that I made - here, and lock my topics.

LY-01 Landing Gear Improved
Makes the LY-01 basic landing gear (the side one) as stiff as (front wheel from same techlevel) - LY-05.
That significantly reduces amount of re-loads, crashes and it usability goes up. :)

@PART[GearFixed]
{
@crashTolerance = 325
@MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]
 {
 @springRatio = 25
 @damperRatio = 1.0
 }
} 

Add breaks to LY-05 Landing Gear

Adds breaks to front LY-05. Because this gear is modeled after CESSNA, it actually should not have any breaks.
But, nevertheless, you may want them to create your basic drone and who said the modeling has to be 1-1?

@PART[GearFree]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]
	{
		@TooltipPrimaryField = Steerable
	}
   MODULE 
    {
		name = ModuleWheelBrakes
		baseModuleIndex = 0
		maxBrakeTorque = 1.5
		brakeResponse = 1
    }
} 

Make Stayputnik available earlier

Apart from making career more historically correct, it significantly decreases risks associated with test-driving prototype planes and rockets when playing on Hard without reloading.
It moves Stayputnik and (inline attachable) fitting battery Z-200 from Tech Level 3 "Electrics" to Tech Level 2 "Engineering 101", allowing much earlier unlock. Solar panels NOT included.

@PART[batteryBankMini]
{
 @TechRequired = engineering101
}

@PART[probeCoreSphere]
{
 @TechRequired = engineering101
}

Enjoy!

I'd like to submit a way to default antennas to "allow partial" (imho require complete makes ZERO sense)

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
    {
        %xmitIncomplete = True
    }
}

Edited by Blackline

3 minutes ago, Blackline said:

I'd like to submit a way to default antennas to "allow partial" (imho require complete makes ZERO sense)

Hide contents

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
    {
        %xmitIncomplete = True
    }
}

I don't understand this bit of the game. Can you explain it please?

7 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Yup, I have seen the option but have never bothered to find out what it does. 

Why would you use one option rather than the other?

Oh, if you'd like to transmit science data worth of 200 EC (lets say 20 MIT with 10 EC/ MIT) and you only have 20 EC local storage and 0.1EC generation:

• with "require complete" the transmission would abort if your vessel runs out of EC
  • with "allow partial" the antenna just waits for some EC to accumulate and sends 0.1 MIT, one after the other, until the transmission is done

Umm. I just tried it with a couple of different experiments with a simple craft on Eeloo and I had some science loss if I needed and used Allow Partial. 

For instance, I sent an EVA report that is supposed to be worth 120 science. If I started with more charge than was needed so that the transmission went uninterrupted then I got 120 science. However, if I started with low charge so that the transmission happened in about four chunks then I only got 82 science.

I checked exactly how much science I got by going back to the space centre and checking the figure at the top of the screen. I F9ed between attempts. 

This is probably not the thread to discuss this but it needs some more investigation. 

Edited by Foxster

37 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Umm. I just tried it with a couple of different experiments with a simple craft on Eeloo and I had some science loss if I needed and used Allow Partial. 

For instance, I sent an EVA report that is supposed to be worth 120 science. If I started with more charge than was needed so that the transmission went uninterrupted then I got 120 science. However, if I started with low charge so that the transmission happened in about four chunks then I only got 82 science.

I checked exactly how much science I got by going back to the space centre and checking the figure at the top of the screen. I F9ed between attempts. 

This is probably not the thread to discuss this but it needs some more investigation. 

Not the correct thread, but still I would also like to find out about this. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Foxster said:

1 hour ago, canisin said:

Not the correct thread, but still I would also like to find out about this. Thanks.

This is one of those game-play  mechanisms that Squad have added to try and balance between getting some value immediately and having to do repeated tasks to get full value (like having to take and return multiple copies of some experiments e.g. surface samples to get full science).

In the case of transmitting science they're balancing between "do I get some of the value now but have to repeat the effort to get the full value" and "do I wait longer to return this for the full value".

Partial transmission then extends on the "some now" option by allowing an electricity poor vessel to send a broken up partial result now (and then have to take a repeat reading to try and transmit the rest) versus a heavier vessel with larger batteries being able to transmit its available science in a single uncorrupted batch.

Partial transmission may not give you the full value of the transmittable science as displayed in the science result dialog on the first attempt but retaking the science reading (if the experiment allows and you're still in the same biome location) will give you a science result including the "missing" part which you can then try to transmit again (you will still likely only get part of the value if still using partial transmission). The science is still available for a future vessel to visit the same biome and collect the "missing" part even if your current vessel is unable to collect and transmit it.

I hope this rather rambling explanation makes sense :confused::0.0:.

19 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

This is one of those game-play  mechanisms that Squad have added to try and balance between getting some value immediately and having to do repeated tasks to get full value (like having to take and return multiple copies of some experiments e.g. surface samples to get full science).

In the case of transmitting science they're balancing between "do I get some of the value now but have to repeat the effort to get the full value" and "do I wait longer to return this for the full value".

Partial transmission then extends on the "some now" option by allowing an electricity poor vessel to send a broken up partial result now (and then have to take a repeat reading to try and transmit the rest) versus a heavier vessel with larger batteries being able to transmit its available science in a single uncorrupted batch.

Partial transmission may not give you the full value of the transmittable science as displayed in the science result dialog on the first attempt but retaking the science reading (if the experiment allows and you're still in the same biome location) will give you a science result including the "missing" part which you can then try to transmit again (you will still likely only get part of the value if still using partial transmission). The science is still available for a future vessel to visit the same biome and collect the "missing" part even if your current vessel is unable to collect and transmit it.

I hope this rather rambling explanation makes sense :confused::0.0:.

It does, it makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. Much appreciated. :)