BUST: 1.1.X Crashes (Your Help Requested!)

2 hours ago, Claw said:

It should work in either location. The fix might not be comprehensive for all cases, but seems to take care of one of the common places. There are some other fixes in the works that are harder to do via an add-on.

True. I can at least confirm that the situation has improved. I'm still getting CTD's, but only after several visits to the VAB/SPH. It's enough for me to at least get some work done on ships. It seems to also be directly related to mods, or more specifically the amount of non-stock parts I have installed - the more I've got the faster it seems to reach whatever threshold trips the CTD. I've foregone a couple of mods that weren't really necessary for my project (which is establishing a mining base and shipyard on/around Minmus), and I'm at least able to make progress. Even if it's not perfect it'll at least keep me happy until 1.1.3 drops, so thank you.

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

I'm not sure if the crashes are related to the existing stock issues, or something else. Although I think the last two logs that I've looked at, a part gets deleted and the log ended with several entries of this:

RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave

Again, Idk if it's something with RemoteTech, or just happenstance at the time of the crash.

That sounds familiar, now that I think on it the crash happened as I was removing a RemoteTech part from a satellite I was building.

That said, I'm having more CTD issues in another scenario but I think it's related to a mod. This one should be easy to figure out though, since I've pinned down a sequence of events to re-create the crash, at least on my box. If you're interested, the thread is here:

Well, the fix seems to work for me in VAB/SPH.  But I'm still having CTD often.  I have to admit, I have a LOT of mods [around 100].

One thing I have noticed is that the crashes seem to occur now mostly at launch when the clamps release [stock or mod clamps].  Could it be the animations doing it?  Also, I've noticed my RAM usage at the time of CTD is usually above 7gb, creeping towards 8gb. I know this doesn't help much, and I don't have the logs from the last crash. 

Interesting occurrence: Crashes mostly occur when deleting a part in the VAB or SPH, but this time I was in orbit, modifying a tug using KIS/KAS, so....deleting a part....orbiting. And it was precisely *when* I deleted it.

Which brought me a thought: Could it be that when the game crashes during flight, it's because the game is unloading a part? Like, when a staged part falls behind and reaches the "physics edge"?

I also noticed an extreme RAM usage, I have 12 gigs and the game uses 11. That's quite absurd, and I don't even have hundreds of mods like some people here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.