Habitable Planets Kopernicus Mod (WIP)

jipi1090

So I was thinking about making a new planet pack that adds a bunch of habitable and/or terraformed planets in it. However, I've run short of ideas, so I thought I'd reach out to the community for some insights. So far, the addon to the system I've designed has 8 Habitable (habitable=oxygen atmosphere) planets in it (even though some of them will be moons). There will also be a gas giant, and a couple asteroids for refueling. Planets can be added or subtracted as desired (the binary system and extra moon of jool will probably be first to go). Here's a crude map I made:

Ideas on geography for planets would be the best. Here's a few examples I thought of:

-A habitable world based off this idea NovaSilisko posted on the forums.

-A world with an overwhelmingly large crater (think Mimas, but more extreme)

-A planet with huge mountains that poke out of the atmosphere into the vacuum of space

-A world with large, flat plateaus at 1 atm pressure, but deep valleys that go down to 5-6 atm at the bottom.

Names for planets are also accepted. Don't get too crazy :wink:

Basically, if anyone has any ideas for planets or names, feel free to post a reply with your idea. I appreciate all the help given :D. I'll also try to figure out a way to thank everyone who has contributed in some way to this. Thanks for all the help everybody!

Edited by jipi1090

Nova's idea: I've not seen exactly that. Asclepius comes close, but doesn't have the equatorial-only focus.

Big crater world: It's gotta have been done.

Mountains into vacuum: There was one in the original Planet Factory mod. I don't know of any up-to-date planet pack with it.

Plateaus and chasms: Leouch in New Horizons.

Now I'm not saying you can't put your own spin on these. The planet mods I run give me umpteen gas giants and yet they're all different. But I would say try and produce cool results and don't worry too much if they're not "original".

1 hour ago, cantab said:

Now I'm not saying you can't put your own spin on these. The planet mods I run give me umpteen gas giants and yet they're all different. But I would say try and produce cool results and don't worry too much if they're not "original".

Thanks for the advice @cantab. The spin would be that all the planets would have oxygen atmospheres and possibly oceans, but now that you point it out, I realize that these ideas aren't as original as I thought. I'll focus on keeping them interesting.:)

Well, I was thinking of making a post about my own mod, but maybe you'd like to use it. Its a duna sized planet at Kerbin's L4 point... the terrain is taken from mars, but with an ocean added, green near the shores, a thicker atmosphere (than duna) containing O2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2tpz7rx0leyac7/MicromusWIP.zip?dl=0

An earlier version, the ocean is less purple from map view now:

KME9U6b.png

qHAfJC0.png

Before I added green to the edges:

TuRuB8K.png1dNJQ7f.png

y2qG42V.png

TuRuB8K.png

The current colormap:

3UK2MAB.jpg

(I have other versions if interested)

No moons, 0.33 Gs (10% higher than Dunas). 13.5 or so atmospheres at sea level... a MW halfway between kerbin's and Dunas, its warmer than duna, so despite the pressure being 2x higher, the atmospheric *density* is not 2x as high.

10 biomes, science multiplier is between Mun and Duna no custom flavor text yet

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.