Air Resistance is missing?!

Hey guys,

I'm a little bit helpless and hope you can change that :)

In my last (10 to 15) missions I build a "Kerbal Space Station" and sent a little Rover to the mun, so while I did this I installed some mods and never tried to get back to Kerbin - until now...

After I failed severel times getting Jeb back to Kerbin I became a bit insecure. The air isn't slowing me down one simple m/s. And the parachutes doesnt work too. So what happened to my air resistance?

Next I tried to launch only the Mk1 Pod with one booster, decoupled it and fell down, getting faster and faster without a chance of opening my parachute... So there's something wrong isn't it?

I've installed the mods with CKAN. Could there though be a "physically mistake" ?

Thanks from the outset, hope the question is in the right thread :)

Edited by Kerbalito

I have read that Ferran does not work very well with stock parachutes. I would recommend going back to stock, or as close as you can get, and landing everything that is supposed to return home. Then reinstalling your mods + real chutes or something similar and trying again.

2 hours ago, NathanKell said:

No, FAR works just fine with parachutes. Please don't spread misinformation. :)

@Kerbalito this sounds like you have a version mismatch between FAR and MFI. Please ensure you have the current FAR release and the current MFI release.

Thanks for the information. The post I read that on was quite old.

4 hours ago, NathanKell said:

No, FAR works just fine with parachutes. Please don't spread misinformation. :)

@Kerbalito this sounds like you have a version mismatch between FAR and MFI. Please ensure you have the current FAR release and the current MFI release.

CKAN also has a history of breaking FAR; in the past this was bugs in the drag-voxel generation (read: zero drag). If your mods are indeed correct, try uninstalling the CKAN one and try a manual copy of it.

I updated the FAR mod and the first try with a bigger pod was very good, later I will test it again but I think it works now.

That strange, because I updated every mod yesterday too... So indeed it could be a version mismatch.

Thank you very much! I hope it woun't change again :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.