What is the death rate if your Space Program?

teag2

Zero. I shamelessly quicksave/revert to keep my safety record spotless. (I'll sometimes run a rescue mission instead of revert, but I haven't lost anyone yet)

Edited by Jarin

When did Kerbal Space Program become Kerbal Safety Program?

As for me, I haven't played in awhile, but I'd wager around a 10-15% mortality rate for my Kerbals. I mean, their lives may be worthless to me, but I do have to get somewhere.

Edited by RyanRising

1 hour ago, parv kerman said:

zzeerroo %!!

I revert flights if I kill them...!!!

well seriously tell me is your game slow??

What do you mean? The gif converter may have caused the video to slow down a touch, but I was getting pretty smooth FPS. Here is the actual video (excuse the livestream in the background)

Mostly 0 but I don't do planes (which is the higher killing risk for my part).

Sometime, I lack fuel on vehicles. Crew could always be rescued. But, those rescue are usually too tiresome,so I usually cheat fuel.

1 minute ago, Warzouz said:

Mostly 0 but I don't do planes (which is the higher killing risk for my part).

Sometime, I lack fuel on vehicles. Crew could always be rescued. But, those rescue are usually too tiresome,so I usually cheat fuel.

I see those rescue missions to save kerbals that I've stranded as an added bonus.

They don't pay much in funds, but they pay a lot in feeling good :)

Just now, Curveball Anders said:

I see those rescue missions to save kerbals that I've stranded as an added bonus.

They don't pay much in funds, but they pay a lot in feeling good :)

I did several of them in my last career. I remember returning from Pol to my Laythe station after a science mission. I was short of fuel but manage to get into the orbital plane. I go an easy rescue from the station with one of the tugs.

A badly designed return vehicle which has to meet with the LKO space station hadn't enough fuel to do it. Again I managed to capture into Kerbin a s set my orbit safe from Mun. I manage to send a SSTO to get the crew and science back.

I also had a low Eve orbit vehicle burning too much fuel (I don't remember why) He wasn't able to reach my high Eve obit space station into Gilly plane. I used the Gilly lander to reach it a bring it back. I didn't used the RCS so it could dock on the station.

After than, I don't bother too much now. I must say I don't miscalculate crewed ships too much. I don't think I cheated for a crewed ship in my current career, but I would. I did cheat with satellites.

Zero percent. That's just how safe my space program is. No reverts, no quicksaves and quickloads, just straight up SAFETY. (Don't try to hate people for that, not everybody is obligated to follow the "kerbal kanon".)

Although, if I ever do lose a kerbal, i'll have a memorial set up. There is no dignity in killing kerbals and forgetting their names.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

I think I kill about 10% of my kerbals. I use reverting alot but thats about the % that end up in situations where reverting isn't possible.

You know... accidentally hitting quicksave at the wrong time making reverts impossible is the most common. Another being getting them stranded in mis-calculated flight paths (since I use a Life Support mod) were its both impossible to get them back on their own or get to them before LS runs out. The final most common one for me is landing in Kerbin Mountains after a "routine" re-entry more because i forget to quicksave before I do the re-entry. Rolling down a mountain in a pod is amusing but not usually survivable :P

I lost only a handful of Kerbals in the years i play KSP.

I always test craft with a probe core first, before i let real kerbonauts fly it. I land probes prior to a crewed visit to another world. I check all aspects of the probe landing, before building a proper crewed lander, according to the data i got from the probe missions. I care for my crew.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, HoloYolo said:

If I lose kerbals I move on quickly. What's the point of mourning over one when they either respawn or I can hire new ones?

What if you kill Jeb? Or Valentina?

0%, if I'm not using RSS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.