What is your most usefull mod?

Hello fellow kerbals/kerbonauts/kermaniss! Today i wanted to ask you what are your favourite/usefull mods! Me as you have heard am interested in 'european rocketry and other cool ksp stuff' well, yes i like european rockets but FASA is use full as well!( here are the following 'favourite'mods.)

1:Bobcat Soviet Pack

2:Tantares

3: Soviet rockets and probes

4:FASA

5: Lionhead aerospace historical esa

6:Hangar extender

7:American pack 

8:Salyut Space Stations

9:Soyuz

10:Boat Parts

11: USI Otter sub pack

12:Mech Jeb

13:Kerbal Joint Reinforcements

14:Shadow Works

15:Chaka Monkey Exploration

Post/link your favourite mods here!:wink::D

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman
Ksp mods add some new mods two the list

oh jeez. so many. for parts, all of USI and all of neretas stuff. also rla stockalike and litobrake tech by necrobones. plugins/features well, KER, trajectories, SCANSAT, remottech, smartparts, (really useful with RT) precisemauver, docking port alignmnent indicator, KJR, KIS, KAS, FMRS, FAR, BBT, KAC, and a fuel switcher (usually provided by neretas cryoengines.)

not in that order. however, most important: modulemanager. dont quite like the way a part works? change it! (for example, i used it to make the massive solar panel in NFS retractable.) just need to get a hang for the script, and you can change stats without mod updates resetting your changes. (most mods use this to modify parts outside their mods.)

Edited by toric5
MOAR MODS!!!

Well, in terms of usefulness, Kerbal Engineer for certain.  Other than that, I don't use many other mods.  Though, out of the few others, I do use Procedural Fuel Tanks, which is insanely useful in a lot of situations I think. 

From

ModuleManager is mod that let you write patch file that edit other part at load time. With is you can edit squad (and other mod) part without overwriting their file.

Edited by razark

Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Transfer Window Planner, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Celestial Body Science Editor, Tweakscale and Contract Configurator are my 'essential' mods that I simply don't enjoy the game without. Guesswork and bendy planes just aren't my cup of tea.

Next on my list are Kopernicus and the array of planet packs like New Horizons, Kerbol Plus, OPM, etc, to give me new places to visit. No need to farm Duna for science, because my solar system has plenty of other bodies!

After that comes parts packs, where I specifically look for things that add new features, rather than just alternative models for the same function as stock items; Space Y, DMagic Orbital Science, Hooligan Labs Airships, some of the USI packs.

Kerbal Alarm Clock, definitely.

I also get decent use out of HyperEdit when I need to run a quick test or the Kraken starts playing dirty, but having or not having it doesn't have a major impact on my "normal" gameplay the way KAC does.

Kerbal Alarm Clock (useful if you play multiple missions concurrently)

Kerbal Engineer Redux (delta v, twr etc read outs)

Better Burn Time (gets rid of N/A, adds a suicide/time to node counter)

Mechjeb for automation after you've mastered a task (eg gravity turn) 

Trajectories to try and get more accurate landing when trying to rescue, or base build.

Precise Node. I can number-crunch my own delta-V and TWR without KER, keep track of my missions without KAC, use an external program instead of TWP, and even grudgingly tolerate flying under stock aerodynamics instead of FAR. But I cannot plan manoeuvres to the precision needed for sophisticated gravity assists using the stock manoeuvre node widget, I need a mod for that.

SCANsat - for some useful mapping data

RasterPropMonitor - for cool IVA missions

VOID - for all the helpful readouts

Editor Extensions - for easier construction

Thats it, besides some visual mods

I'd say mechjeb (or Kerbal Engineer) for dV info while building and for its in-flight info (I really don't like having to switch to map mode during ascents just to see what my Ap is). 
Kerbal Alarm clock would be a close second once you start running multiple parallel missions. 

Kerbal Alarm Clock

The only mod I ever tried (because of it usefullness) back in the old times. But a KSP update broke it and I decided to play without mods. I miss KAC, maybe I should throw my principles over board and install it again, now that KSP updates (hopefully) are less likely to break something.

I agree with most everyone that has said Kerbal Engineer Redux. It provides a lot of data that I believe is essential for game play, such as altitude above ground, vessel mass, time to critical orbital points, etc.

The mod that comes in second (there is a tie for this slot) is MechJeb 2. Now, before I get slammed by the MechJeb haters out there or trigger the debate on whether it is cheating or not :confused:, let me explain why...

• I used MechJeb to learn how to circularize orbits back in .22; it was and continues to be a great teacher when doing various maneuvers for the first time. I am a visual learner; don't tell me how to do it, but show me and I will learn... :) For me, I do not see it as being any different than spending nine hours watching Scott Manley YouTube videos learning how to play the game. It is simply a case of "to each their own..."
  • It makes routine flights (flights to and from my orbiting station) fairly easy. With teaching college and being a father of a 5 year old, there are times when I can park into orbit using MechJeb while I am cooking dinner, playing a game or helping my daughter with her homework, or even doing a quick household chore.

The other second place mod is Kerbal Alarm Clock (remember, I said there was a tie). Right now, there are seven "missions" I am running at one time and if it weren't for Kerbal Alarm Clock, I would forget something. For those of you who have never used it, you can set reminders that will sound before you need to do something, like a deorbit burn, a change in velocity or direction, a rendez-vous point, or whatever it may be.

Can't pick a single mod thats for sure.

And the obvious must-haves (KAC, KER, MJ etc.) have been pointed out, but here are a few highlights from my list:

KWRocketry - There are tons of great part packs, its basically personal preference, but everyone should start with this one IMO.

Nanoguages - all your instrumentation needs, and high quality too. Sure KER shows you everything, but some ease of presentation for the most used variables is useful in most situations.

KIS/KAS - multiplies what you can do in-world by a great deal, loads of cool mods depends on it as well, but there is a lot it allows you to do on its (their) own, eg: in orbit repairs (take a repair kit with you on long missions!), give a use to engineers, take a rover with you in a case and assemble in-situ!

This has just been updated, pretty self-explanatory, works very well, integrated with KAC - 

Chatterer, Final Frontier, Crowd Sourced Science - all add tons of "flavour".

Community tech tree - probably essential if you are going to have lots of mod parts.

Environmental Visual Enhancements + Scatterer - Get these two to enhance visuals a great deal, there are a lot of other visual mods, most of them use configs for these two, but you get the large majority of available benefit just from having the two vanilla mods themselves.

Edited by p1t1o

KER for obvious reasons, KAC is an almost perfect mission-management tool, Klaw's Stock Bug Fix modules fixed many a problem in older versions, and though those are the only three I really use, KAS looks utterly great for stuff like base refuling and stiffening ships that are "flat-packed" into orbit and assembled with a tug probe.  As soon as multi-docking works again, I won't have a use for Docking Alignment Indicator, though.

4 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

what does module manager do anyway?

Oh my sweet summer child... :D

ModuleManager is only responsible for, oh, I'd say 50% of all mods even existing :)

(My vote should be obvious at this point)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.