GGumby

[1.1.2][CKAN] Civilian Populations Revived

Recommended Posts

Civilian Populations Revived v.1.8

e6db5e1834a7816507b60f8e8a4b3f24.png

Civilian Population by: michaelhester07

Original Forum post: [here]

CPR by: GGumby

Current Compatible KSP Version: [1.1.2]

Download: [Spacedock]

Development Thread: [Forum]

License: [ CC-BY-NC-4.0 ]

Authors note:

I HEAVILY Recommend that you go to the original thread to source information on how to do things for the time being. In the future i will supplement documentation as things are added. View the development thread for my current views on how im going to change my fork of this mod and future updates that i may be working on.

Im Prepping the download link now its also available on CKAN if your interested!

There are known issues with this mod. I am trying to fix them, namely the core mechanics like biospheres not living up to what they allege to be.

Edited by GGumby
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow great! I had been waiting to 1.1 to try this mod so I'm excited to see it back in action. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has some known issues that im working on trying to fix atm! just as a forewarning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding, I've been hoping that this mod wouldn't die. Great to see that someone is getting this one going again. Can't wait to test it out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a 401 on that Spacedock link. D:

Edited by Ohm Machre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohm Machre said:

Getting a 401 on that Spacedock link. D:

Gonna fix.

8 minutes ago, Ohm Machre said:

Getting a 401 on that Spacedock link. D:

fixed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad i stumbled across this!  

I whole heatedly endorse this  (as with me running a small business + working full time + night classes :P) I no longer have time to upkeep the version I took over from MichaelHester

Please message me, GGUmby if you need any of the resources (models textures, screenshots logos etc, and all the work in progress stuff)  that i have added to my version!  

Edited by rabidninjawombat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rabidninjawombat said:

Glad i stumbled across this!  

I whole heatedly endorse this  (as with me running a small business + working full time + night classes :P) I no longer have time to upkeep the version I took over from MichaelHester

Please message me, GGUmby if you need any of the resources (models textures, screenshots logos etc, and all the work in progress stuff)  that i have added to my version!  

For the love of the god emperor of mankind give me Anything within reason. Anything i can use to further the development would be a godsend. If you actually have some way of talking via a voice chat i would love to talk with you about where you were headed and what you've done this far!

Edited by GGumby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GGumby said:

For the love of the god emperor of mankind give me everything within reason. Anything i can use to further the development would be a godsend. If you actually have some way of talking via a voice chat i would love to talk with you about where you were headed and what you've done this far!

Im assuming based of the screenshot that your updating the 1.7.4 version that was the last i uploaded (versus updating MichaelHesters last version for .90) 

I'd be happy to have a chat,  ill send a PM wish some contact info,  and ill gather up all the WIP  stuff i have and organize them,  have several models i was looking to add, but they just lack textures :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rabidninjawombat said:

Im assuming based of the screenshot that your updating the 1.7.4 version that was the last i uploaded (versus updating MichaelHesters last version for .90) 

I'd be happy to have a chat,  ill send a PM wish some contact info,  and ill gather up all the WIP  stuff i have and organize them,  have several models i was looking to add, but they just lack textures :P 

Also, yes, i did update it the 1.7.4 Version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't tell you how happy I am to see this. This was my most missed mod from earlier versions, and I was seriously worried about never playing it without RAM limitations. Thanks so much for taking a crack at this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, riskyjubles said:

I can't tell you how happy I am to see this. This was my most missed mod from earlier versions, and I was seriously worried about never playing it without RAM limitations. Thanks so much for taking a crack at this. 

Thank you for the praise! :cool:

Edited by GGumby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

huzzah! I was poking at this with a stick in 1.0.5 and I liked a lot of it, glad to see it get some love.

Will you just be maintaining it or will you be adding to it at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always wanted to try this mod but never fit into my parts budget before crashes. May have to check it out as things get stabilized. Glad someone is taking over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drhay53 said:

Always wanted to try this mod but never fit into my parts budget before crashes. May have to check it out as things get stabilized. Glad someone is taking over.

uhh 64bit is pretty stable with UE 5 so i hear. recommend you give it a try

some people have never crashed, some people crash rarely now

Edited by GGumby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GGumby said:

uhh 64bit is pretty stable with UE 5 so i hear. recommend you give it a try!

I know! I meant I would wait until you worked out some of the kinks from taking over the updates to the mod. I haven't played since way back.

And honestly I'm still kind of noticing a mod limit even in 64 bit. I'm pretty much at the limit now, as everytime I add a mod I get crashes in the VAB and SPH within a minute or two of opening them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have you verified that it isnt some form of conflict or memleak with a single mod? im sure when you have MM apply 12k patches its probably pretty rough to find which batch causes the fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't because I don't get a ton of time to play anyway, and it's not a totally predictable crash. Sometimes the game will crash two times in a row and then work for 3 hours, sometimes it will just continuously crash. But I know that right now if I try to add new parts packs, it gets fairly unstable, and it doesn't really matter much which pack I add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing of programming, but what would be involved in making the old Biodomes and Stanford Torus part pack 1.1.2 compatible, and to optionally tie in to CivPop when installed? I absolutely LOVED the old models for the old biodome and the old torus. I think the last version it worked cleanly in was 0.90, and I think the last update on is was 0.24, but I'm not entirely sure. I really miss it, and like that the parts were still VAB sized. I actually launched the torus once... God, that was some beautiful Kerbodyne tier asparagus staging... 13 stacks of Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tanks, each stacked 3 high! :cool:

As I understand it, those packs were, I think, released way back, and then work transitioned into CivPop... Or something like that.

Edited by richfiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@GGumby

FYI: I remember hearing that the core functionality of KSPAPIExtensions.dll is now stock (as outlined here).

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up!  Now its just there wasting space apparently XD

6 minutes ago, richfiles said:

I know nothing of programming, but what would be involved in making the old Biodomes and Stanford Torus part pack 1.1.2 compatible, and to optionally tie in to CivPop when installed? I absolutely LOVED the old models for the old biodome and the old torus. I think the last version it worked cleanly in was 0.90, and I think the last update on is was 0.24, but I'm not entirely sure. I really miss it, and like that the parts were still VAB sized. I actually launched the torus once... God, that was some beautiful Kerbodyne tier asparagus staging... 13 stacks of Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tanks, each stacked 3 high! :cool:

As I understand it, those packs were, I think, released way back, and then work transitioned into CivPop... Or something like that.

Ill Look into it, im going to do alot more focused development tomorrow hopefully.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GGumby

By the way, the link to this thread on Spacedock ends with "&do=edit" which results in an error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if I install this along with USI mods ? (especially the ones for bases)

I always wanted to mix Civilian Population with USI and EL to be able to make a true permanent space colony.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now