Parv Kerman

DO you have any space probe series? I have the LC and M space probe series!

Just now, parv kerman said:

DO you have any space probe series? I have the LC and M space probe series!

I made LC and M myself in MY game.

don't think they were taken from outside anywhere..!

7 hours ago, parv kerman said:

LC and M

How about a picture of what you're talking about? Seems people aren't understanding you - that does happen around here. As Pecan above stated, I too start with probes ... so I guess that means I have a 'series of probes', if that's what you're talking about. :wink:

Ok, here's a few...

Spoiler

A scanner probe mapping Moho...
woHuR9U.png

Another of the same type mapping Duna... ll8YkEO.png

Here's one on it's way to do science up close to Kerbol (the sun), note all the heat shielding (ablators) up front...
OQ8B8Qf.png

That same ship at the end of it's mission (the whole thing got pretty damn hot)...
yhz9qeL.png

I even had a Mun rover (unmanned or manned) probe...
0oSsGwI.png

There are others, but I think that's enough.

Edited by LordFerret
oops

Meh, my probe approach is pretty generic. 

If I don't have a contract to do something specific like magnetospheric scan, my first visit to anywhere is usually a mapping probe.   Tech level and body dictates what's on it. No point in bringing two goo pods if I can't recover one :P

So yeah, low-res radar scanner,  a multi-spectral scanner, and a resource scanner is the minimum, in order by tech level. 

My probes are always in a Wayfarer class, so they end up being a combo of mapping and communications orbiters, and typically come in groups of 4 per body. 3 to set up a geo-synch (or semi-sync if geo is unavailable) at an equilateral inclination, and then a 4th in a polar orbit to map the planet and act as a near constant relay to Kerbin, typically carrying the largest dish of the 4. (which is done for design purposes, as the orbiter trio are typically designed to be small so they can be launched at once or potentially stacked on top of the 4th)

I've also designed probes in this class that act as duo mapping and supply buses, where its sent ahead of a crew to an inclined orbit (to map out a greater part of the surface than an equilateral orbit would while it waits for the crew) then once the crew is approaching the body, it uses its remaining fuel to match the target inclination the crew will be arriving at. I only ever did two of these kinds of probes, however. One to a Minmus mission from ages ago (like, .24 I think) and another to my failed Duna mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.