Question regarding RemoteTech Comsats and orbital decay bug

So I installed the RemoteTech mod and started doing the satellite omni network tutorial here: http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/tutorials/c16network/

Then I ran into this bug while trying to set the orbital periods:

The omni network tutorial I linked above states that the satellites' orbital periods have to be quite exactly synchronized. I'm totally new to this mod and therefore I have to ask if it's still possible to sync these satellites' orbital period so that they don't drift out of contact even with the decay bug present? Or am I just wasting my time with this for now?

I'm thinking of doing the savegame editing that's explained in the bottom of the tutorial, so that their orbits decay at the same rate. I read somewhere that the decay was dependent on part count or craft mass somehow. Therefore I assume this should work assuming that the satellites are identical?

Geo orbits are too much hassle and you always have to look after them it is quite frustrating imho. Highly ecliptic orbits are much easier. Build a couple of them and you never have to look after.

Something like that:

POHh9hD.png

Edited by hendrack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.