Take on Mars, is it worth it.

Kerbalstar

12 hours ago, awfulhumanbeing said:

If you like a good strategy game, it's certainly worth it. I am quite satisfied with its gameplay, even though I don't play games like it so much.

Thanks!

From what I've played, I would recommend it. It has the Arma feel to it, but on mars... and no guns... :P I'm quite fond of the vehicles as well. The only word of warning I can give is make sure your computer meets the recommended system requirements. Mine hardly meets the minimum requirements, so it's a little tough to play.

7 hours ago, Moarmau5 said:

From what I've played, I would recommend it. It has the Arma feel to it, but on mars... and no guns... :P I'm quite fond of the vehicles as well. The only word of warning I can give is make sure your computer meets the recommended system requirements. Mine hardly meets the minimum requirements, so it's a little tough to play.

Thanks!

On ‎21‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 2:11 AM, kerbalstar said:

Hello fellow kerbalnuts,

I am here today to ask you a very specific question and here it is:

Is Take on Mars worth 21 dollars?

I've been playing it for about 40 hrs and that's where it stopped for me.

Do you like a simulated environment that takes you to Mars ? Do you like constructing a base the way you like it without any plans other than the ones you set for yourself ? It's great. And the graphics are great too!

Thing is, I'm disappointed at the game. Don't know if any of you played Project Space Station in the old days, or BARIS (Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space) but I was kinda expecting that kind of twitch. The first releases of Take On Mars lead me to believe this was the game I was looking for. Exploring Mars with limited budget, carefully planning where to invest in and eventually try to reach Mars with a manned mission and try to explore manned and eventually build a base on Mars. All this with kind of a story line like BARIS and with planning, budgets and so on.

The first part is a lot like that. The second part, well, isn't. That's just a simulation game about working on Mars. No dramatic launches, no failed launches, no launch windows no crew selection and so on.

Well guess my disappointment is due to my expectations. Not blaming the game here. It's for other audiences I guess.

You read a lot about "developers gave up on this game" and that sort a thing but as I've been checking up on the progress now and then I believe it's still supported and growing. Hopefully they reach final release. Keeps getting pushed forward.

I'll keep my eye on the game hoping they will add things that will make me interested again ;-)

Edited by mart
typo

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Cmdr Zen said:

Just wanted to say my Resource modifications should be working now, as I have some time issues I am trying to figure out. Last night for about a few hours I worked on this and had frustrations; the game crashed a few times and I was like NOOOO !!!

Well I learned not to stack oodles of noodles on top of each other ... abit archaic but hey ... got it fixed !

I am agreeing that movement and such is abit awkward, but in reality we are in a bulky space suit here; maybe they will make better suits by the time I get to Mars I could have croaked to even use them !

This it is not the destination but the journey ...

Also I am streaming this game and will be spending alot of time there with it; I hope to get back to KSP soon I do miss the little critters !

9 hours ago, NSEP said:

Yeah! Its quite fun. 

Thanks for the advice! Also this is from a year ago. :)

Soon I will be starting another mission report, though! Thank you. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.