Is Squad on break or something?

Talavar

Did I miss something in the notes?  We got a game release that I unfortunately can't even play, then they seemed to all but vanish (o.0)  The last information released seems to be from April 29th.  Forgive me for being blunt, but it was kind of like "Here, let me **** this up for ya... Ok, there ya go.. see ya in a month."  I'm a little dissatisfied to say the least  (>.<) 
 Squad Troll-face
VLTgj4M.png

Edited by Talavar

I don't know what kind of technical issue you're having, but the game has been fine for me.  Did you try the tech support forum?

Also, I understand what you mean about the silence ... but they spent almost a year working on this upgrade and deserve a break.  And to be fair, they did release two post-update patches to fix issues.

Yup, they took a vacation thats been mentioned a bunch of times after spending months busting their humps for long hours specifically to **** up your game. Better revert to 1.0.5 now and turn off updates, cuz when they comr back, they are going to be fresh and extra effective at ****ing up your game even more.

10 minutes ago, Caelib said:

I don't know what kind of technical issue you're having, but the game has been fine for me.  Did you try the tech support forum?

Also, I understand what you mean about the silence ... but they spent almost a year working on this upgrade and deserve a break.  And to be fair, they did release two post-update patches to fix issues.

I'd prefer it if they just worked at a medium pace, and released things that are at their normal standard. I'm not sure what happened this time around. :/ .. It's like they rushed, simply because they said it would release in December, and wanted to try to make good, even though they missed the deadline. While that is noble.. I think they should just stick to their guns and release when they are ready. They are always pro when they do that.

Edited by Talavar

11 minutes ago, Caelib said:

I don't know what kind of technical issue you're having, but the game has been fine for me.

You, apparently, are one of the minority... the majority tell a different story. Count me in the majority.

10 minutes ago, Talavar said:

I'd prefer it if they just worked at a medium pace, and released things that are at their normal standard. I'm not sure what happened this time around. :/ .. It's like they rushed, simply because they said it would release in December, and wanted to try to make good, even though they missed the deadline. While that is noble.. I think they should just stick to their guns and release when they are ready. They are always pro when they do that.

the root cause for high speed updates and patches that clearly are broken? money. that simple. They rushed <yes, RUSHED> 1.1.0 out the door well before it was ready, then rifled out 2 additional patches that fixed minor things and ignored huge glaring issues, like the current plague of game breaking crashes. While, that I think is more of UNITY's fault and not Squads, they should have seen the issue and held release off. At least then the MAJORITY of us could still play.

17 minutes ago, Talavar said:

I don't think you have any idea of the amount of work that went into 1.1. Unity is not always a fun engine to work with, and upgrading from U4 to U5 is a gigantic task for a project like KSP, so yeah, it took a while, and no, I am not seeing signs that it has been rushed (I'd be the first to call them out on that, were it the case. 1.0 is a brilliant example of that.)

I strongly suggest that you hang out in the support forums if you can't play. The devs are taking a well deserve break, and I'm going to smack NathanKell around if he doesn't stop modding to take actual vacation during his vacation period.

Il distract my self with other stuff until team is back from vacation :P       But yes, 1.1.2 x64 win is version with most unstable VAB and some kind of memory/cash issues braking exe I had.

As much as I want a workable 1.1, if I were in their developers shoes I would want a vacation too.  They worked through Christmas with very little time off guys. As @stupid_chris said, they put a lot of work into this version.  Did they release it too early? Probably, but they still needed and deserved the time off.

A few weeks without KSP (or with 1.0.5) isn't killing anyone.  Just be patient.

Edited by Alshain

3 hours ago, Talavar said:

This is where you need to chill out on the self-entitlement.  'I'd prefer, I think....' It's this attitude that can turn people away from taking you seriously and reveals you have zero concept on what goes on with the development process.

As of the last update, the game may have its flaws at the moment, but they actually are not game-breaking. There are plenty of threads here that give help on dealing with crashes and other minor glitches.  Taking the time to scope them out will help you a lot.  While the developers are out on much needed and deserved break, the community is still here to help each other out. Sitting in a corner with your arms folded grousing about things doesn't help you or anyone else.  You can either continue to do nothing, or you can find out more about what is going on with your experience and see if anybody is experiencing the same. That's part of the fun of PC gaming. There will always be hiccups that are unique to a certain set of systems while others are not affected.  And it isn't always because the unaffected ones are merely running a better system.  That is also why finding bugs and fixing them can be a difficult affair.  Much more difficult than you seem to comprehend.

For the time being, we are all back in the seats of being early release testers.  With this upgrade, the game has taken a huge step forward but in exchange has opened up a whole new Pandora's box.  There are going to be more difficulties yet to overcome before KSP 64-bit is a solid release.  But it is worth the two steps back as KSP 64-bit actually presents so much more potential to the game than what we had before.  And it was released at an alright time. From what I have seen visiting the threads, it is not a broken mess for most, and my own experience has actually improved by taking some measures to improve my own system's performance.  The developers will come back feeling refreshed and ready to take on what was left on the backburner for 1.1, and that will make getting 1.2 a lot easier to put together.

They are doing just fine.