So... i want to build a Minimus base so i decided to draw the base plan in MS Paint but i don't know how i would get the parts to dock i was

thinking of using a rover but i'm not sure if it could lift the cabins and the science bay.

Well, Minmus's low gravity is quite forgiving, so it's not a problem. I have not built a minmus base in 1.1 yet, but I tested by old design of a moving rover, and it works fine. It looks like this:

Also, there are some great tutorials on basebuilding, it could help you to check them out.

Michal.don

Although docking is relatively easy using a rover when the ground is flat (co-planar) varying slopes can make it really tricky.  On Minmus you have lots of good ground on which to build but in general I've found bases pointlessly difficult without the KIS/KAS mods, which let you connect using flexible pipes, etc.

9 hours ago, KerbalKid said:

i was thinking of using a rover but i'm not sure if it could lift the cabins and the science bay.

I've used a system very similar to @michal.don's example there. Only I too didn't trust the small rover wheels so used a rover based on the ruggedized wheels. It was a bit more complicated to design the rover to fit under the landing legs while also fitting under 2.5m parts (with large landing legs attached to the centreline, for build convenience), but it works.

The main problem is just that these methods tend to be a bit fiddly to put together.

I have literally used nothing but reaction wheels and "walking" base components together to construct pretty decent-sized bases on Minmus. The low gravity makes it by far my favorite location to build.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.